Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Comprehensive Titania Rework: Just Like The Original But Better

TheKazz91

If you're here you already know the issues with Titania so I'm just going to get straight into my ideas for a rework for her. Under each ability and at the end I'm going to explain my reasoning and thought process for each of the changes, how they all interact, and how I envision Titania functioning with these changes under a spoiler tag in order to make the actual rework a bit more readable while also giving insight and further explanation on how thing will work. 

Passive: 
Option 1: Dust Bloom

Titania gains +25% Bullet Jump and maneuver strength while airborne. Additionally Titania gains +25% flight speed for 5 seconds upon performing an aerial dodge while in Razor Wing. Bullet jumping and aerial dodging also leaves behind a cluster of razor fly drones that lasts 5 seconds and grants the Upsurge buff to any allies that enter the affected area. Upsurge has a duration of 5 seconds and grants  the same +25% distance to Bullet Jump and maneuver strength while airborne to allies. Successive Dust Blooms do not cause the previous instances to disappear.

Dust Bloom Reasoning:

Spoiler

I’ve always felt that dust bloom was kinda silly for 2 reasons. 1st is that it doesn’t affect Titania while she is in Razor Wing which she is most of the time so she effectively doesn’t have a passive while using her 4. The 2nd reason is that the “Trampolines” that it leaves behind only grant the +25% bull jump speed to allies if they perform their bullet jump inside the affected area which even if someone was trying to do would likely slow them down more than the +25% would make up for. 

This minor tweak to her passive corrects both of those issues by allowing her to trigger it while in RW for increased flight speed which I feel she needs if you aren’t using Razor Wing Blitz on her as her default flight speed is quite slow. And it addresses the second issue by simply granting a 5 second buff upon entering the affected area instead of requiring allies to perform maneuvers in that small area as long as they pass through the affected area as part of their jump they will be able to maintain the buff for themselves. 

This also now affects ALL aerial maneuvers except a basic jump. This includes double jump, rolls performed mid-air, jump kicks (sliding in mid-air) and aim glide. For the first 3 it increases range and for aim gliding it reduces fall speed.

Last thing to note is that I would change the effect so that it looks more like the swarm of butterflies that hover around targets affected by spell bind and lantern that is just in a sphere centered on the point where Titania performed the double jump or aerial dodge rather than the vertical lines that it is currently especially since now it can be placed in mid-air. 
I think this is a good way to keep her current passive but actually make it usable all the time for both titania and her allies.  

Option 2: Lift Off

Titania scatters enchanted dust in a 5m radius around her whenever she performs a bullet jump, hard landing, or slam attack. Enemies within this area will drop their weapons, become unable to perform any action while in a ragdoll state, and weightlessly float in mid-air for 5 seconds before falling to the ground. Enemies suspended in this manner will be pulled towards Titania’s nearest lantern. Suspended enemies within the attraction range of a lantern will remain suspended until the effects of that lantern are deactivated.

• Lift range is not affected by ability range mods.

Lift Off Reasoning:

Spoiler

So full disclosure: I actually didn’t think of this idea for a passive until I was actually writing down my idea for lantern and thought this would be a cool alternative to just smashing Spellbind and Lantern into the same ability so if we go with this option for a passive we are going to strip out the 5m lift effect from Lantern. 

Second disclosure: I actually really like this idea just for the meme value of the fairly common joke that Titania is running her own space program and the name “Lift Off” referencing that is actually hilarious to me personally. 

So with those disclosures out of the way yes this basically just taking spell bind and turning it into her passive though without the ability to grant status immunity which is now part of Lantern though I suppose we could include that into this passive? I think this is a cool idea because it preserves her current kit and basically allows us to keep a version of Spellbind which is ok CC while at the same time it removes the cost of having two redundant abilities with one being pretty much just a worse version of the other. 

I know I said in option one that I wanted to make Titania’s passive useful to her while in razorwing and I think for an effect that just increases movement speed that is 100% true however this is a significantly more powerful passive and essentially gives Titania a free CC ability that she can cast without energy at the trade of not being able to use it with her 4 while her 4 basically gives her a different passive of a 50% dodge so I think it balances out and gives her a bit more of a chance to survive out of razor wing and allows for and incentivizes a very different play style with the new iteration of Lantern where razorwing isn’t the primary focus any more. So over all while this passive is probably too powerful and isn’t very likely I do still think it would be an awesome alternative and really give Titania players a reason NOT to stay in RW the whole mission which I think is one of Titania’s main issues and something I’ll be addressing with her other abilities as well.

Ability 1: Hive Queen
Titania summons one razor fly drone and commands her swarm to attack enemies, defend allies, collect tributes, or shield Titania from harm. 

• Drain: 20 energy
  • Range: 30m
  • Duration: Infinite
  • Damage: 75 slash damage per second per razor fly
  • Razor flies have HP, Armor, and Shields and Shield regen equal to 50% of Titania's own.
  • Razor flies have a 50% dodge chance.
  • Razor flies have a 75% DR against all AoE damage.
  • Limit: 4 razor flies plus 2 razor flies for each tribute held by Titania. (max 12)
  • Tap to summon one new razor fly which will fly to your target. The target may be an enemy, ally, or tribute.
    • When targeting an enemy the newly summoned drone and/or all razor fly drones currently following Titania are commanded to assault the target. Taunting it and dealing 75 slash damage per second with a 15% status chance. 
      • Damage status chance affected by power strength.
      • If the enemy they are currently attacking dies they will return to follow Titania
      • While returning if they come within 15m of a Tribute they will retrieve it and deliver it to Titania.
  • When targeting a tribute the newly summoned razor fly or one razor fly currently following Titania will fly to the tribute to retrieve it and return it to Titania after which it will begin/resume following Titania
  • When targeting an ally the newly summoned razor fly or one razor fly currently following Titania will fly to the Ally and follow them until recalled. 
  • If this ability is used while not targeting anything the newly summoned razor fly or one razor fly currently following Titania will fly up to 30m in the direction she is aiming before returning to follow Titania.
    • If at any point traveling to or from the target destination the razor fly travels within 15m of a tribute or 5m of an enemy or Ally it will act as if it had been targeted at that entity instead. 
      • Priority goes Tribute > Enemy > Ally if it encounters two possible targets at the same time.
  • Titania may hold this ability to immediately recall all her razor flies to follow her after 1 second.
  • While razor flies are follow either Titania or her allies they will deal 40 slash damage per second to all enemies within 5m 
    • Affected by power strength
  • In addition any time Titania or her allies that have at least one razorfly following them would take any amount of HP damage one razorfly that is following them will intercept the attack to prevent 100% of that damage. This will destroy the razor fly. 

Augment: Immortal Hive
If Titania has at least 4 razor flies following her she becomes immune to damage while Hive Queen is held at the cost of 25 energy per second.

Hive Queen Reasoning:

Spoiler

As mentioned in the explanation of option 2 for Titania's passive Spellbind and Lantern are very similar and redundant with lantern being a better option for CC. In addition splitting razor flies off from razor wing is probably one of the most common requests in Titania reworks and happen to think it makes a lot of sense and it makes razor flies much more useful and productive when you have some control over them. This also provides a way for Titania to retrieve her Tribute buff while making sure she is within range of her teammates so they can also receive those buffs. For all of those reasons I have elected to scrap Spellbind and either combine it's effects with Lantern or turn it into a new passive I think both are better options than keeping it as a distinct ability.

The ability for razor flies to sacrifice themselves to protect Titania and her allies just seem very fitting and I find it to be a very elegant and skill driven way to smooth over the RNG that is involved with her main method of survival which is more around avoiding damage rather than resisting damage, it basically just serves the purpose of making sure Titania doesn’t get one shot by heavy hitting units like bombard but does next to nothing to prevent damage from things like heavy gunners who will make short work of your razor flies if you are not employing your other methods of avoiding that damage which. Surprisingly this actually also makes shields significantly better on Titania than HP + Armor as your ability to avoid most things coming your way will allow your shields time to recharge between RNG deciding you’re going to get hit which is where you want to take that damage so you aren’t losing razor flies every time RNG makes that decision. 

Ability 2: Tribute
Titania marks an enemy for sacrifice causing them to take increased damage. Upon death the marked enemy will leave behind a “Tribute” which will provide a buff to Titania and nearby allies based on the enemy’s type.

• Drain: 25 Energy
  • Range: 25m (cast range), 10m (ally buff), 20m (aura range)
  • Duration:15 seconds (vulnerability), 75 seconds (buff duration)
  • Damage multiplier: +100%
  • Applies a debuff that causes the marked enemy to take +100% damage from all sources for 15 seconds
    • Scaling with ability strength and duration respectively
  • If the affected target dies while under the effects of Tribute it leave behind a “Tribute” that will provide one of four buffs 
  • When Titania receives one of these buffs they are also applied to all allies within 10m of Titania.
    • Affected by ability range.
  • All buffs are considered auras which affect all appropriate targets within range of the aura
  • Multiple instances of an aura can effect the same target
  • Auras that affect enemies are applied multiplicatively 
  • Auras that affect allies are applied as an additive bonus.
  • No player may have multiple instances of the same buff in the case of the same buff being applied it will simply refresh the duration of the buff or keep the remaining duration if it is higher. 
  • All buffs last for 75 seconds and have a range of 20m 
    • Range and Duration are both affected by mods
    • The strength of the buffs are NOT affected by mods

Tribute has 4 buffs just like it does currently which drop from different enemy types which are the same as what it is currently with Fea Luck replacing Thorns.

• Dust: reduces the accuracy of all enemies by 30%
  • Entangle: Reduces movement speed, attack speed, and fire rate of all enemies by 20%
  • Full Moon: Has two effects based on whether or not Titania is in razor wing mode or not.
    • Out of razor wing mode Full Moon grants all friendly targets within range +1.5 energy per second.
    • While in razor wing mode Full Moon grants all friendly targets within range +10 HP per second.
  • Fae Charm: All enemies slain within range have a 12% chance roll twice on their respective drop table. 

Augment: Ritual of Sacrifice
When affected enemies are killed with Titania's abilities Tribute spreads to all enemies within 10m for 100% of the remaining duration.
This is effected by range mods

• Dex Pixia and Dewata count as abilities
  • To clarify this is spreading the initial effect of tribute which is the +100% damage taken and dropping a Tribute upon death.

Tribute Reasoning: 

Spoiler

So the changes to dust appear to be a 20% nerf but are actually about a 50% buff. This is due to the stacking nature of the auras. Because Titania can now give these buffs to her allies multiple instances of the same effect can affect the same target. If Titania is the only one with the buff that is in range of a given enemy then yes it is a nerf as they will only have their accuracy reduced to 70% instead of 50% of its original value. However if Titania and one other ally have Dust and are both within range of the same enemy, that enemy’s accuracy will be reduced by 30% twice to only 49% of its original value. 3 instances results in only 34.3% accuracy and 4 results in 24.01% accuracy. So if all team members are grouped up the net effect is about 50% stronger than the current version of dust.

Entangle is affected in a similar fashion as dust with the effect being substantially stronger than it’s current iteration assuming that all four players have the buff applied to them and are within range of a given enemy but it is weaker if Titania is the only one with the buff. The noticeable difference here is the change to bring entangle up to par with EVERY other slow in the game and effect attack speed and fire rate in addition to walking speed. 

Before it is brought up the reason I scrapped Thorns entirely even though a very popular suggestion is to simply add some amount of Damage Reduction to it to make it useful is two fold. First reason is that I simply don’t like DR as a way to make squishy frames less squish because it feels like lazy game design to me. It also just doesn’t feel right on Titania. That just my opinion though. The second reason I dropped it is because functionally it is unneeded with these changes. As stated above the effects of dust and entangle are significantly increased when players are working together and staying nearby each other. The result is that enemies can be slowed by up to 59.04% and then miss 76.99% more shots than they normally would. When combined this results in roughly a 90% reduction in the total DPS output and is not even taking the 50% dodge titania gains while in razor wing into account. Then combined with the new ability of razor flies to negate any amount of HP damage as long as one of them is alive and following Titania along with Full Moon’s HP recovery gives Titania the potential to massively increase not only her own survivability but the survivability of her entire squad even in very high level missions.

Full Moon was drastically changed for a few reasons. First companion damage is garbage maybe there is an argument to be made for it with the razor flies now that Titania has direct control over them but it’s still pretty meh even then I feel. Second is because I felt like with this rework I felt like Titania already has plenty of damage and we don’t need to add more damage to that. Third is that I’ve always felt like Titania needs a better way to get energy back as other energy restoring abilities such as Trinity’s energy vamp do no work on Titania while she is in razor wing and while this reword does significantly improve her survivability outside of razor wing I still imagine that for most players the only thing they will be focus on when the run out of energy is getting enough energy to hop back into razor wing as soon as possible. That said Energy regen doesn’t help Titania while she is actually in razor wing so full moon swaps to restore HP instead this can give Titania some added viability in things like defection or rescue as it would heal all allied players and NPCs (not cryo pods, excavators, or mobile defense consoles) This rework also makes tribute in to a very team focused ability and this just adds to that feel in a very tangible and noticeable way that will hopefully encourage players to group up more when a Titania is in the part as they will see the effects of being closer and having more overlapping auras. Also just to clarify the way the auras interact basically just adds up all the gains from each instance affecting a friendly target. So with all 4 squad members within range of each other with the buff it would be a net of +6 energy per second out of RW and +40 HP per second in RW.

I came up with Fea Luck as like with Full Moon while out of razorwing mode this helps Titania regain and better manage her energy as energy orbs will be more likely to drop. I don’t think this effect will step on the toes of nekros as it is a lower percentage even with every squad member carrying the buff and within range of the enemy when it dies as the additional drop chance from each instance is added together and applied at the same time for a net result of 48% while in range of all 4 squad members compared to nekros’ 54% additionally descrate is rolled per corpse and if an enemy’s body is cut into multiple pieces each piece is counted as it’s own corps meaning desecrate can result in up to 4 rolls for a single enemy where this would be at most 2 rolls per enemy. The other reason I settled on this is as I mentioned when talking about why I dropped thorns I felt that between Dust, Entangle, Hive Queen, and RW’s dodge chance this didn’t need to be more survivability and as stated in the Full Moon reasoning it didn’t need to be more damage either so I didn’t want to make it plus damage, ability strength, crit chance, etc. Loot chance seemed like something that was pretty neutral for the fourth buff. 

I also slightly reduced the duration and range of the auras provided and made it so they scale with mods as a way to encourage varied builds rather than having a heavy reliance on Strength and Efficiency for all situations. I do like the idea of them all sharing the same range and duration as I feel this rework already gives Titania a lot of things to be managing having to keep track of different durations and ranges for these buffs would just be adding to that already extensive list.

Finally I added the damage multiplier to the initial effect as I feel like the current damage that tribute deals is basically nothing and not even worth having on there and this makes it a bit more substantial though it might be a bit too much and might need to be pulled back to like +50% damage it also helps make Hive Queen a fairly effective form of damage when you send your razor flies to attack your tribute target and would have the added bonus of when your razor flies kill the tribute target they will automatically pick up the tribute and bring it back to you. This also pairs nicely with Lantern’s new deferred damage and detonation mechanics and can allow you to build up a very large amount of damage in your lantern’s damage pool.

Ability 3: Lantern
Create a swarm of razor flies that transform up to 4 enemies into irresistible floating beacons, attracting and taunting nearby comrades before lifting them into the air and exploding on command.

• Drain: 75 energy
  • Range: 25 (cast range), 20m (attract), 10m (taunt), 5m (0G ragdoll) 2.5m (damage radius), 12m (blast radius), 25m (status immunity), 10m (tether limit)
  • Duration: 25 seconds
  • Damage: 350 radiation with 5% status chance (damage/second),  4000 + X* radiation damage (blast). 
  • Titania sends up to 4 targets up to 25m away hurling into the air using her razor flies turning them into living lanterns and rendering them unable to move or attack for 25 seconds.
    • Affected by range and duration mods
    • Max targets is not affected by mods
  • Enemies that come within range will be affected by progressively more powerful effects as they move closer to a lantern. 
    • At 20m enemies will be pacified and compelled to move closer to the lantern.
    • At 10m enemies will become enraged and taunted into attacking the lantern.
    • *At 5m the razor flies around the lantern will swarm around enemies within range and lift them into the air and pulling them toward the center of the effect until the ability is deactivated.
      • *Enemies which float more than 5m away from the lantern after being lifted will continue to float regardless of their distance from the lantern
    • At 2.5m enemies will take a constant 350 radiation damage per second with a 5% status chance.
      • All ranges affected by range mods
      • Damage and status chance affected by strength mods
  • Friendly targets including Titania within 25m of a lantern will be immune to status effects and have all current status effects cleansed off of them.
    • Affected by range mods
  • Lantern targets are temporarily immune to damage, any damage a lantern target sustains while under the effects of Lantern is stored. Upon deactivation by holding the ability key, expiration or being dispelled, the lantern target will explode, dealing 4000 + X radiation damage where X is the amount of damage stored by that lantern.This blast has a 40% status chance.
    • The damage of the blast is distributed proportionally among all targets in the blast radius with enemies closer to the center taking more damage. 
    • Airborne targets take 300% additional damage and have a 100% status chance.
    • The base 4000 damage and status chance are affected by ability strength
    • The stored damage is not affected by ability strength.
  • Any suspended targets will move in the direction from which attacks pulls them. The suspended targets’ trajectory will be affected by any contact with terrain, weapon attack or offensive ability. Suspended targets will continuously be pulled toward the center of the effect which will be 3m above where the initial lantern target was when the ability was cast on it. The further away suspended targets are from the center the stronger this pull will become and this distance can never exceed more than 10m from the center of the effect.
    • Max distance and pull strength are not affected by range or strength mods
  • If the target dies before Titania finishes her casting animation, energy used for Lantern will be refunded.
  • Razor flies sent to attack any enemy within the attraction radius of the lanter will attack the lantern instead.
  • Razor flies attacking a lantern target will disarm enemies within 20m and bring their weapons to the center of the effect.
  • Razor flies attacking a lantern target are immune to all AoE damage.

Augment: Beguiling Lantern
Unchanged except now it also affects the lantern target itself for the purpose building up stored damage.

• An important note is that razor fly damage is considered melee.

Reasoning:

Spoiler

Lantern is a great CC ability in theory but it’s main problem is that it is incredibly unreliable due to the floating nature of the effect and specifically that ANY attack will send it flying at high speed away from where it was originally cast and while the latest “rework” of this ability tried to remedy this issue by slowly pulling it back to the original position it is far too weak and doesn’t address the original problem of it not staying in place or even relatively nearby to begin with it shouldn’t have to spend 10 seconds slowly drifting back from orbit at a speed glaciers and contentental drift would outpace. Lantern should act more like a balloon attached to a long rubber band than the gravitational force of an average asteroid. If every other part of the rework for this ability above was ignored the italicized section is a must and needs to be put in place. 

I know some people would probably prefer that the lantern target just remain stationary but I think with this adjustment to the floating effect not only adds a lot of flavor to the ability and gives it a unique feel and identity but actually synergizes with the other effects of this iteration. You can actually bounce it around on that 10m tether to affect more targets with the attraction, taunt, and suspension effects not to mention the disarm that is applied if you send your razor flies to attack it. This can effectively add 20m to the effective ranges of all those effects as you bounce the lanter round on that 10m tether. 

With that out of the way you may have noticed that I gave lantern some added effects and those of you that actually use Spellbind for its intended purpose and not just to get easy blitz stacks may even recognize that all those added effects are basically just being ripped straight from the current spellbind ability. This is because I find that spell bind and Lantern are very similar abilities and there is really no need to have both of them. This is the major motivation behind combining Spellbind and Lantern into the same ability and replacing Spellbind with Hive Queen.

The original idea behind the taunt idea was the pacify and attract affect is somewhat unreliable with enemies that are 2 feet away from the lantern often flat out ignoring it and continuing to shoot at players or objectives any way whereas taunt effects are noticeably more reliable. This way even if the attraction effect is ignored at least you have a smaller portion of that effect that is very reliable and not prone to being ignored. It also synergizes nicely with the detonation effect of the ability when it is deactivated as it helps stack up just a bit more damage that will be dealt back to those enemies after a few seconds.

Speaking of synergy that is my next point. This ability synergizes not only with it’s own design in multiple ways but also with ALL of Titania’s other abilities. We already explicitly covered the synergy with Titania’s new ability, Hive Queen, with the ability to disarm all enemies within the attraction range thus causing enemies to run toward the center of the ability and into range of the more powerful effects AND with the augment as now your razor fly damage will be doubled or more against the lantern target due to the increased melee damage. It also synergizes very well with Tribute and Razor Wing. This is because you can cast tribute on your lantern targets to make them take and therefore store more damage for the explosion at the end. Additionally Tribute already incentivizes a playstyle that revolves around Titania trying to stay near her allies to provide buffs, this is compounded by Lantern’s ability to also give those allies status immunity while they are nearby. It synergizes with Razor Wing as RW is one of the highest single target DPS abilities in the game with a good Dex Pixia build, the stored damage portion of the ability now lets you convert that very high single target DPS into AoE damage with the augment this may actually give Diwata a real reason to exist as well. 

The final bit of synergy I want to call out is for if we decide to go with option 2 for Titania’s passive which is the damage multiplier against suspended targets. As I mentioned above while talking about her passive if we go with this option we will be able to suspend targets with our passive by bullet jumping, hard landings, and slam attacks near enemies so if we go with that passive we will remove lantern’s 5m effect to lift targets and instead we can just run around the area affected by lantern performing slam attacks to cause even more damage upon detonation. This also makes an interesting non-razorwing melee focused play style for Titania where you just drop a lantern and then just slam attack everyone around before detonating it. 

Ability 4: Razor Wing
Shrink down and take flight, while using Titania’s signature weapons Dex Pixia and Diwata.

• Drain: 25 energy + 5 energy per second while in razor wing mode
  • Strength: 160 (gun damage), (220 melee damage)
  • Titania shrinks down to a quarter of her original size, becoming a flying pixie. In this form, Titania permanently remains in mid-air, gaining vertical and horizontal flight capabilities using the movement (W A S D ), crouch (Ctrl ), and jump (Spacebar ) hotkeys, similar to Archwing Maneuvers but without the Afterburner. She exchanges all of her normal weapons for two proprietary Razorwing Exalted Weapons: the Dex Pixia dual machine pistols and the Diwata heavy sword. Titania also gains a passive 50% evasion against enemy attacks.
    • Evasion percentage is not affected by Ability Strength.
    • Flight speed is affected by sprint speed mods.
  • Titania does not have a primary weapon while Razorwing is active.
  • Razorwing mode counts as being airborne in regards to the effects of Mods.
  • Cast animation of 1.4 seconds and deactivation of 1.0 second, are affected by mods.
    • If cast while airborne these cast and animation times are greatly reduced.

Augment: Razorwing Blitz
    Unchanged

Razorwing Reasoning:

Spoiler

To literally nobody’s surprise Razor Wing is not being changed with the exception of a 10% increase to Diwata’s damage. Razor Wing is incredible it should remain incredible. I do think just by the increased usability and potency of her other 3 abilities with this rework allowing for a more varied play style we’ll see less of a focus on modding specifically for maximizing razorwing. Range is much more important with this rework where as it is currently just a dump stat because it doesn’t do anything super useful. So I think you’ll see more diversity in Titania builds which will come at the detriment of Razor Wing though you’ll undoubtedly still see the traditional builds with a maxed narrow minded just trying to keep up that Razor Wing duration as long as possible. 

Conclusion:

Spoiler

Overall, as I’ve said numerous times in the reasoning sections for each ability I think this rework would provide many more viable options to Titania in terms of play style and builds. It keeps the intended design of her current kit completely intact while just making everything much more cohesive and effective. Every one of her abilities is worth using for at least one if not multiple reasons by itself with added layers of synergy for using them in combination with each other. 

It allows players who already play and love Titania to just keep doing what they’re doing plus giving them some new toys to play with while at the same time opening up Titania to be more accessible and enjoyable to players that don’t already play her and may not enjoy the archwing style game play her kit currently all but forces you to adopt. If you want to play her as a nuker and focus on min maxing lantern, you can do that. If you want to play a solid support role protecting and healing your team with Tribute, you can do that. If you want to be able to melt assassination targets, dominate single target event bosses like Plague Star, or just travel around the open world areas faster than most archwings, you can do that. If you want to play a pretty well rounded middle ground of all those options, you can do that.   

Obviously this probably isn’t perfect and the exact numbers for everything may need to be tweaked in either direction as some of it may (and likely is) over tuned while some other parts might sound good but just not quite be enough. So this is all subject to balancing and actually testing and by no means am I claiming this fixes  ever tiny issue that Titania has. All I am saying is this is how I would rework Titania if I had the chance to do that. 

There are still some minor issues that this doesn’t cover mostly because I feel like they are not actually issues with Titania but rather just the funky interactions that come about as a result of the main game mode and archwing effectively being two seperate games so there are functionalities that are not shared between them OR from technical issues that arise from the limitations of animation rigging These include things like activating consoles and objectives while in RW, reviving allies in RW, transferring into operator mode from directly RW, etc. 

The last thing I wanna just briefly mention because I know it is a very popular idea is the suggestion to make Razor Flies an exalted companion like Venari. Personally I do actually really like that idea and would love to see that as it then gives us control over things like our vacuum range in RW and could potentially be a significant damage increase to Titania’s new 1st ability as we are able to mod for things like crit and status chance as well as specific elemental damage types. However I know there are plenty of people out there that already feel like the forma investment in Titania is already too high with her two exalted weapons and this would only add to those concerns by adding a companion and potentially a companion weapon to the list of things to forma for an “optimal” build for that reason I elected to leave that idea out of this rework. So while I do love the idea I feel that KISS applies to this situation, Keep It Simple Stupid. 

Any way let me know what you think of this rework I’ve spent a fair amount of time over the past year and a half or so collecting ideas and thinking of my own solutions on how best to tackle this rework and preserve the basic conceptual designs and several hours actually writing it down and putting it into almost 12 pages worth of words. Hopefully the forest doesn’t get lost in the trees on this one as I did get into a lot of details.Thanks for reading!

Edited by TheKazz91

Really great ideas here.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb TheKazz91:

Passive: 
Option 1: Dust Bloom

I like this more, as it is closer to her current one.

Ability 1: Hive Queen
Titania summons one razor fly drone and commands her swarm to attack enemies, defend allies, collect tributes, or shield Titania from harm. 

just awesome ^^

Ability 2: Tribute
Titania marks an enemy for sacrifice causing them to take increased damage. Upon death the marked enemy will leave behind a “Tribute” which will provide a buff to Titania and nearby allies based on the enemy’s type....

• Dust: reduces the accuracy of all enemies by 30%
  • Entangle: Reduces movement speed, attack speed, and fire rate of all enemies by 20%
  • Full Moon: Has two effects based on whether or not Titania is in razor wing mode or not.
    • Out of razor wing mode Full Moon grants all friendly targets within range +1.5 energy per second.
    • While in razor wing mode Full Moon grants all friendly targets within range +10 HP per second.
  • Fae Charm: All enemies slain within range have a 12% chance roll twice on their respective drop table. 

I think to changed to much in the stats, duration and range should not be lower then currently. I also woundn't make the Auras stackable, as it will cripple you while playing solo. Change for Entangle and Thorns is nice, Full Moon is to good out of razorwing, you would regen 105 Energy with it, that is way to good. Full Moon can stay as it is, as it effects the Razorflies and would therefor benefit her first Ability.

Ability 3: Lantern
Create a swarm of razor flies that transform up to 4 enemies into irresistible floating beacons, attracting and taunting nearby comrades before lifting them into the air and exploding on command...

Enemies that come within range will be affected by progressively more powerful effects as they move closer to a lantern. 

• At 20m enemies will be pacified and compelled to move closer to the lantern.
  • At 10m enemies will become enraged and taunted into attacking the lantern.
  • *At 5m the razor flies around the lantern will swarm around enemies within range and lift them into the air and pulling them toward the center of the effect until the ability is deactivated.
    • *Enemies which float more than 5m away from the lantern after being lifted will continue to float regardless of their distance from the lantern
  • At 2.5m enemies will take a constant 350 radiation damage per second with a 5% status chance.
    • All ranges affected by range mods
    • Damage and status chance affected by strength mods

I like the additional effect depending on range

• Like 2

Now THIS is a rework I can get behind. Most other ideas I've seen for Titania have been bottom barrel buffs and more homogeny in design with other warframes. This though makes her a very interesting and, dare I say, quirky CC warframe with options beyond simply building for Razorwing. If this is the kind of rework we get, I will be insanely happy with the situation! All your points are things I agree with, and the way you went about revising the existing abilities to fit in with the theme of pixies as well as the command of Razorflies is done beautifully in this post. I gotta admit, I didn't expect you to keep Tribute in your proposal, but the way it was revised I FULLY support. Not to mention the effects that are useful and potentially spreadable depending on build. Heck I can fully imagine using that revised Tribute as a Penta vehicle since it spreads the damage vulnerability.

Although I do have one suggestion. Perhaps the vulnerability for her proposed 3 rework could scale based on the total HP of the afflicted target. That would provide a form of damage scaling if she goes into higher game modes, but it not effecting armor would mean she still has to be mindful of what status her 4's weapons are dealing. For instance she might have to build corrosive rather than radiation in order to do higher endurance runs. Just an idea. (also maybe it is only a flat amount or cannot be cast on bosses at all....for obvious reasons)

On 2019-09-22 at 11:52 AM, Naneel said:

I think to changed to much in the stats, duration and range should not be lower then currently. I also woundn't make the Auras stackable, as it will cripple you while playing solo. Change for Entangle and Thorns is nice, Full Moon is to good out of razorwing, you would regen 105 Energy with it, that is way to good. Full Moon can stay as it is, as it effects the Razorflies and would therefor benefit her first Ability.

So the range and duration of the tribute buffs is lowered at base but remember this is also now scaling with mods where as currently it is a static value that doesn't care about mods. But if you have say 220% ability range this is now MUCH bigger area than it currently is. That's why I reduced them slightly. 

So the reason I made the tribute buffs stack is because it gives Titania more ability to scale into higher level content as generally speaking the higher level content you are doing the more players naturally tend to group up. I wanted Titania to feel like a very solid support frame that does noticably better when she is near other players. The strength of Dust and Entangle are almost identical to their current strength when Titania is near at least one Ally which I thought is easy enough to achieve if she is the only one trying not group and With her larger amount of mobility I could easily see her bouncing between her allies. It's more to give her a unique feel and motivation.

I will give you that it does make her solo play play a bit less potent but I don't think she would be any worse off than she already is. Consider that currently entangle does nothing bro reduce enemy damage out put so in RW (which I'm assuming you're using if you're doing solo things) she currently has dust that reduces enemy accuracy buy 50% and then had a 50% Dodge for a net of about 75% over all damage avoidance. With this rework she has entangle which reduces fire rate by 20% and dust which reduces accuracy by 30% the  a 50% dodge. The math looks like this:

New: 100 x .8 x .7 x .5 = 28% total damage output

Current: 100 x .5 x .5 = 25% total damage output.

So you're taking 3% more damage but you also have razor flies which are providing immunity charges. You have full mood restoring HP over time. You have fae luck causing health orbs to drop more. You have lantern acting as a more reliable form of CC. So over all I think her solo game is still a huge step up and the 3% more damage compared to her current state is basically a non-issue. 

Also keep in mind that with the numbers I have this makes tribute actually super busted numerically and the only thing that really balances it out is palyer behavior because let's face it most of the time players don't group up in Warframe until you start doing higher level content so those stacking also acts as a soft scaling mechanic as players naturally group up more in harder content.

The full moon out of razor wing is only 1.5 energy per aura. So at most it's 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 = 6 energy per second. It doesn't seem to crazy to me it's only 1 energy per second more than energizing dash. And compared to something like energy vamp that can restore your whole energy bar of 500+ instantly or harrows 3rd which can restore upwards of 100+ energy per head shot 6 energy per second doesn't seem to crazy to me and again that is assuming everyone is grouped up which isn't how Warframe is played most of the time so it's actually unlikely you'll get more than 3 energy per second most of the time. 

And yes if we did leave it it would make her 1 better but idk maybe this would be ok once you can actually control the razor flies and if they made razor flies an exalted sentinel companion I'd 100% support that as they can then be really useful but it still doesn't help allies very much so idk. Maybe. If we kept that I'd actually probably drop the car luck buff and keep the energy/health Regen that I changed full moon to and just call it something different.

On 2019-09-22 at 4:42 PM, ClayXros said:

Now THIS is a rework I can get behind... This though makes her a very interesting and, dare I say, quirky CC warframe with options beyond simply building for Razorwing... the command of Razorflies is done beautifully in this post... Heck I can fully imagine using that revised Tribute as a Penta vehicle since it spreads the damage vulnerability.

Thanks that was kinda my goal with this. I really like Titania's quirks and I think they make her very unique. Some might argue that her quirks make her clunky and that is true to a point but I feel like to remove all the clunkiness they'd need to also remove all of the interesting quirks and it would really strip Titania of a lot of her "personality" for lack of a better word. So I tired to keep that quirkiness and minimize the clunkiness as much as possible. 

On 2019-09-22 at 4:42 PM, ClayXros said:

Although I do have one suggestion. Perhaps the vulnerability for her proposed 3 rework could scale based on the total HP of the afflicted target. That would provide a form of damage scaling if she goes into higher game modes, but it not effecting armor would mean she still has to be mindful of what status her 4's weapons are dealing. For instance she might have to build corrosive rather than radiation in order to do higher endurance runs. Just an idea. (also maybe it is only a flat amount or cannot be cast on bosses at all....for obvious reasons)

So are you talking about the Beguiling Lantern augment which is doubling melee damage? because her reworked 3 doesn't innately apply any damage vulnerability. Personally I don't think it's too bad to just mod Dex pixia with a status based corrosive/slash build for high level endurance runs but that's just me. One Idea I've seen floating around is making the damage type delt by latern be random damage types which I simultaneously like and dislike for the same reason of it adding chaos. Maybe a good middle ground would be to make the lantern absorb the exact damage that is dealt then deal all of that damage including type during the explosion rather than converting it all to radiation.