Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Specters - Squads for solo players

Fogg

With the rare occasion of using a vapor specter in a long defense PUG I do not use specters. At MR27 and with a collection of warframes it's a shame I can only use one at a time. With Echoes of Umbra coming it might be late for this suggestion, but what about expanding the Specter functionality to allow for something more permanent, where you can deploy several of your frames to a mission at once, which you can revive when they are downed, and taking up the slots that would otherwise be occupied by other players. This could vastly extend the reach of solo players into content. Something similar exists already in Arena missions. Currently I find the Specter AI unreliable but if I wasn't using consumables to keep them alive I would be more likely to use it.

• Like 4

If the ''taking up the slots that would otherwise be occupied by other players'' limit affects only warframe specters, thus still letting you spawn every syndicate specter, clem and such as you can now; and every player in the group is allowed at least one warframe specter, then ok.
Otherwise, I am not fine with going from being able to spawn 8 (9 if you are mad enough to get the one from Baro) different AI allies, to just 3. This is especially not favourable, due to the current quality of the AI (which you appear to have noticed).
Untill DE decides to finally fix that, along with Companion AI and give us Companion commands, I don't find a reduction in the quantity of specters you can have on the field a good thing...also I haven't tested this again, but I sort of recently found out that warframe specters seem to refuse to use certain weapons (think it was ones you need to charge in order to fire).

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

3 hours ago, KoboldMKB said:

Please, God, yes.

As a not-so-competent solo player (who gets booted from just about every public match because sucky internet) I would love to be able to deploy multiple frames in combat.

And yes, Specter and Companion AI could definitely use a fix.

There is no boot, or kick function in that game so yeah... but there is the horrid connections of hosts that kick you all the dang time, that is unfixable

so many terrible hosts, causing laggy warframe doors to never open. and you to rubberband, or just disconnect from the match.

1: huge flaw in warframe though, is the a.i, from enemies and from spectres. ally a.i is worthless, especially in syndicate missions.

Really wish DEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee, dee dee dee, would just make companions have more health or something, to be more viable. 

Sentinels die way too often, and all you see is that -DEAD- sign in higher level missions, and the Defense targets, or rescue targets, always go down too easy

I second this motion. I found out early on that you cannot launch a Phase and Force Specter at the same time. I think we should be able too since they are different ranks and AI intelligence levels. The Ancient Healer and MOA's just don't cut it. The Chargers, do okay but not great.

I would like to see ROE's put into specters where you can command them to hold fire unless fired upon. I really hate when I'm about to head shot a Warden with my bow and they start shooting before I do setting off alarms, LOL.

• 1 month later...

Another option could be to deploy your custom specters for arena missions like The Index, Day Trader is a tough ask unless you are a duration limbo with at least one human teammate that can score points.