Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physics: Lift / Knock Up not working or Dargyn AI behavior

Schia5

I was doing a riven to kill 5 Dargyn Pilots and I was having problems so I tried to knock the enemies up in the air and noticed Rhino's Stomp wasn't lifting them so high anymore and it wouldn't register grounded pilots being high enough off the ground, same with Titania's 1, and Trinity's 1 (which at least looked like it was lifting enemies higher).  Finally, I tried Slowva, went into plains, waited for grounded pilots to get into their machines... and waited some more... and they just couldn't lift off.

Whatever's keeping things lower on the y-axis appears to have permanently grounded ground dargyns (except for those who spawn in flying).  Maybe it's related to the fix of operators slingshotting.  The dargyns just don't want to get in the air.  So I'm not sure if it's just height for abilities, height registration for rivens (or a "fix" for using abilities), or AI behavior for the dargyns -- the pilots still run and get in their machines, and shoot at you, but they don't launch their dargyns off the ground.

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

See the same Problem here : Riven Kill 3 Dargyn Pilots before they hit the ground while Aim Glide

Setup:

Mode Friends only

PoE Day

Rhino use Stomp for lift and kill with Rubico Prime during aim glide

Pilots get lifted in the air

Jump in the air and aim glide with rubico prime scoped

kill 2 pilots with one stomp (duration 22,56s)

counter of the riven still 0

RvRtI5K.jpg

twcw8f1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed this behavior as well with Dargyns.

On 2019-10-07 at 3:07 AM, Vaeldious said:

I've done this challenge more than I'd like. My observations are that if the Dargyn explodes and deals lethal damage, or if the pilots animation is not playing the falling one, it will not count. The easiest method I've found is with either Mesa or Mag, depending on if it requires a bullet jump/slide too.

For normal "before they hit the ground", you shoot the front of the Dargyn with a weapon that has zero punch through while it is coming at you. This causes the pilot to get blown back and start falling more reliably. Then simply use Mesa's 4 to automatically lock on to the pilot in mid air. I've been able to succeed 3/4 of the time like this.

For the "while bullet jumping/sliding" variations, Mag is my go-to. Simply use her 2 to create a bubble around the Dargyn, usually while it is facing you, and fire with a projectile based weapon around the edges of the sphere. This works maybe half the time, but also works for the standard challenge too. 

One final observation, is that I've noticed a lot of the naturally spawning Dargyns seem to be having trouble getting off the ground. They usually sit there for a good 30-45 seconds before they actually take flight. I can actually see dust flying, so I know the AI is TRYING to take off, and will even rapidly fire at you if they are facing you...it just looks like a collision issue and some kind of failsafe is causing them to eventually take off. I've also seen some of these "stuck" Dargyns disappear mid-flight as well, for no apparent reason.

Typically, I do solo with Mag, so there should be no sync issues, but the vast majority of the natural spawns have issues taking off. I usually rush them, shooting wildly at the ground near them with my Pyrana Prime to startle them, they jump into their Dargyns, and dust starts flying...but they stay on the ground. Just doing a few laps around the large lake should be enough to encounter a few spawnpoints and see the behavior.