Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime weapons with Ivara

WhoWantsToKnowMyGame

Baza would be neat to see.  Don't really want daikyu since it's a likely sidegrade with the recent bow buffs unless the one stat they changed on it was to cut the charge time in half to .5 instead of the 1.0 it currently has/basically need to run speed trigger or what have you on it still as 1 second is a long time in warframe especially with no quick shot option available on daikyu.  

No idea what melee fits ivara best, I would say some primed dagger to use covert lethality with but what's the point of that.  

Talons could be neat though.  

The daikyu does seem most likely, but since both daikyu and Ivara are popular frames. DE usually ships one crap item with one good item and one moderately good item, very rarely have there been two or three good items. 

Could also be one of the secondary bows. 

Attica exists too, 

Atlas is gonna release with melee and sentinel (along with sentinel weapon) 

So I am gonna put my money on a bow primary plus some projectile based secondary like talons. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Typos

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

The sole exception to the rule. Look back at the other primes. Very few, if any, have released with their original's signature weapons

Funnily enough coming just before Ivara (assuming next prime)....   did you consider they might actually be changing things up as we go deeper into the prime frames.

28 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Funnily enough coming just before Ivara (assuming next prime)....   did you consider they might actually be changing things up as we go deeper into the prime frames.

Possible, but considering that she was released with the rubico, talons and lacera and primes have always been released with something that works well with them, I doubt we're not getting a bow

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Possible, but considering that she was released with the rubico, talons and lacera and primes have always been released with something that works well with them, I doubt we're not getting a bow

Well we already have rubico prime so talons and lacera are options, we don't actually have have a prime blade and whip so I wouldn't actually put it past DE to do that one, talons, don't think we have an exploding thrown secondary either but personally I'm not a fan of them due to self kills....  so they do kind of fit in terms of 'new prime weapons' to the mix.

There's also nothing to say we'll get a primary primed with ivara either, it wouldn't be the first time to go secondary and melee etc.

Like I said earlier, I'd rather have the baza over another prime bow, which we've just had with zhuge prime and wukong.. even though it's more of a crossbow

Can't remember what I originally wrote on the other Ivara prime + weapons prediction thread, so I'll just re-guess again.

Primary weapons:

- Daikyu - (Last tenno bow iirc. Just my side thoughts, I would feel it's a bit cliche and redundant to ship Ivara Prime with Daikyu, because Ivara prime will already have a bow called Artemis Bow Prime...but I would also say it is acceptable cliche if Daikyu prime did come with Ivara. I would welcome Daikyu prime if it did come with Ivara Prime. I'm guessing its fan favourite choice as well).

- Attica - (The last tenno crossbow iirc, and its so freaking old that I'm amazed that it hasn't been primed yet. Attica was first released back in Update 13... which was released back on April 9th, 2014. I'm surprised this thing still hasn't been primed yet. Not sure how I personally would feel about another crossbow prime, kindy iffy on it).

- Baza - (this weapon has become a popular alternative choice to pair with Ivara, for its innate silencer and also being a hitscan weapon too. Also great crit weapon that will also pair naturally well with prowl's headshot damage bonus multiplier. Though its still a very recent weapon compared to the others on this list).

Secondary weapons:

- Talons - (the original secondary weapon that shipped with Ivara. Weapon does have some natural traits which pair well with Ivara. It's innately silent, its a thrown projectile which means it can be controlled with navigator as well (granted, its an 8 second time limit for navigatior, hopefully DE reconsiders looking at extending the time limit). Would definitely like to see the damage type be changed to something else that isn't blast, like maybe heat).

- Kunai - (I really don't want a Kunai Prime because it will feel boring to me, but technically will work with Ivara just for being innately silent and technically navigable, but really not worth it.... but see further below)

Melee weapons:

- Lacera - (Original melee weapon that shipped with Ivara... other than that, no other major connection to Ivara or any synergy between them).

- Kestrel - (the other tenno glaive. Glaives are naturally good choices to pair with navigator, so possible choice).

- Insert dagger here - (any prime dagger would be a boring choice and be even more redundant because whenever people use dagger with Ivara, it's just going to be a covert lethality setup and nothing would actually change if a dagger prime came).

On 2019-09-22 at 12:09 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Kunai Prime Already exists in China frame

Can I get a source link for this? Like is that actually released in China frame? Is it some sort of placeholder over in China frame? I'm curious about it.

On 2019-09-22 at 5:08 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Daikyu has become more popular and even used for Eidolon Hunts

Note: Eidolons were bugged in recent patches. Eidolons had their DR bugged and were receiving too much damage. This was eventually fixed on PC in Update 25.7.6 - "Fixed Teralysts (and other Eidolons) taking more damage to weak points than they should be.". This update will be coming later to consoles (consoles are on version 25.7.4  of the game from what I can see, so eventually Daikyu won't be able to do this anymore.... well not without buffs I imagine at least).

Edited by BlindStalker

So in Update 18.0, Ivara was released alongside the Rubico, Talons, and Lacera

Rubico already got Primed alongside Chroma Prime (because Chroma Regular didn't actually have any signature weapons unless you count the Ripkas) so no dice there. But if Atlas and Tekko are getting Primed at the same time, we might be looking at Lacera Prime in three months

Useless options:

The glaive prime is one of the most powerful weapon in game with ivara and i doubt a kestrel prime can do better...

Another dagger prime would be pretty useless.

People with no knowledge repeat every time to have the (useless)Daikyu prime and probably they will release a sidegrade weapon with more slash.

Any secondary throwing weapon with low damage...

Useful options:

Ivara needs a good  silenced secondary, Ballistica prime and Rakta ballistica are ineffective on high levels and the throwing weapons are just meh...

A lacera prime with huge range and speed can be useful with ivara.

The game lacks throwing mines and a talons prime with boosted stats and heat damage would be awesome.

The baza is just terrible on high levels, lacks of damage, slash, stats,  low clips...It needs a good prime version.(and maybe they can even add an explosive  projectile with the alt fire just to be used with ivara...)

Avoiding the big mistake of zhuge prime, an attica prime with an alt fire option to choose between normal and explosive weapon would be really useful for CC.

Edited by bibmobello

On 2019-09-26 at 8:40 AM, BlindStalker said:

- Insert dagger here - (any prime dagger would be a boring choice and be even more redundant because whenever people use dagger with Ivara, it's just going to be a covert lethality setup and nothing would actually change if a dagger prime came).

The dagger could get a new mechanic. Something like a build in Arcane Trickery or something else.
You point still stands that a dagger would be kind of boring, but DE could make the dagger stand out by giving it a useful gimmick.

Edited by WhiteMarker

14 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The dagger could get a new mechanic. Something like a build in Arcane Trickery or something else.
You point still stands that a dagger would be kind of boring, but DE could make the dagger stand out by giving it a useful gimmick.

The new gimmick mechanics are just boring fillers and i doubt something like: "kill an enemy with your dagger while jumping to have 20% more damage on your gun for 4 seconds" can introduce something new...

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

People with no knowledge repeat every time to have the (useless)Daikyu prime

Better check yourself.  I have plenty of knowledge of both Ivara and the Daikyu.  Hell all the bows really.  Now tell me something about either that I supposedly don't already know please.  I'll wait. 

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Better check yourself.  I have plenty of knowledge of both Ivara and the Daikyu.  Hell all the bows really.  Now tell me something about either that I supposedly don't already know please.  I'll wait. 

Because i have already told you thousand of times, it's an useless weapon (at least for me on high levels) because it's slow and even with ten thousand the damage it can't kill level 10.000 enemies but i can with glaive prime and faster. I just need a decent silenced fast weapon for bubbles only. Maybe if DE decides to give faster charge times and being able to shot uncharged shots it will be usable.

Edited by bibmobello

On 2019-09-23 at 7:47 AM, (XB1)razberryX said:

Bruh really tho, that would be impossible. It'd most likely be Lenz Vandal.

Dethcube is grineer. All that has to be stated is "is a stolen design from orokin". *wiggles fingers*

Secondly Steve has flatly stated on several occasion there will be a prime version  of every frame whether or not Lore supports it, ergo Nidus, Inaros and Chroma having primes instead of Umbrals, when they could also have Umbrals as well.

What determine prime weapons is popularity and designer preference, and not much else.

3 hours ago, bibmobello said:

even with ten thousand the damage it can't kill level 10.000 enemies but i can with glaive prime and faster.

Dude, melee outperforms everything at higher enemy levels.  There aren't many if any shooting weapons that are effective against lvl 10000 enemies.  

3 hours ago, bibmobello said:

I just need a decent silenced fast weapon for bubbles only.

You know that we do have secondaries for a reason right.  Also hush/silence mods to silence them.  If you are just needing something silent for bubbles, then you can use any dang thing.  It honestly sounds like you are just making up stuff and excuses to try to downplay what some others already know about the Daikyu.  

Hey, I understand that you don't like the weapon and that's cool.  Just don't make up stuff or give false evidence as reasons.  Trust me when I say that in regards to Ivara and using Bows I KNOW exactly what is possible and not possible.  

edit: my previous post that quoted you was to let you know that you were slighting the intelligence and knowledge of those that prefer the Daikyu.  Which basically said that I don't know or have knowledge because I do use (a lot) the weapon with Ivara.   

Edited by DatDarkOne