The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The simple truth I've learned after many, many hours with ember. [Continually updating]

(XBOX)Architect Prime

The stun provided by accelerent is her greatest tool against ranged enemies, but high level explosives seem to 1-shot her no matter what. (I currently test at 135 in simulacrum). But there are interesting builds that would work is she could take a single rocket blast. Eventually you slip up and get hit and it's over. 

So, as of right now, I can only realistically use her on infested, who she can kill fairly efficiently for 4 or 5 hours of survival. That's not a bad thing, but I don't find myself doing high level infested missions very often. Not to mention that even infested outscale heat damage at a certain point. 

I don't wanna play pure support really, but since some others might, I'll say that she can create zesty radiation damage for eidolons hunts.

Her passive sucks. If there is an efficient way to set ember on fire that's actually practical in combat, I'm all ears. I'd like see accelerent turn all incoming damage to heat in order to trigger the proc naturally. [Zhuge prime works currently].

One interesting answer to ember's dilemma would be if grunt enemies like basic troopers scaled much more slowly than they do now. That way weaker abilities on many warframes could be great pest exterminators. That's pretty wild and unrealistic though. But it WOULD help WOF among other things. 

Oh and her flames look like early xbox 360. Just sayin'. They are literally static and the ones on her body have less fps somehow. 

A life-steal furis + condition overload melee set up seems relatively promising if we're talking about fighting grineer or corpus. This set up allows me to build up resistances with adaptation, a couple umbral mods, and arcane guardian. 

So to update from the last paragraph. It does work in kuva survival and stuff. Although there are much better frames to bring to any grineer survival. 

Simply allowing Wof to hit multiple enemies at once could work wonders for the survivability and maybe MAYBE even killing of high level corpus/infested fodder units. Just maybe... But at what (performance) cost?

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
  • Like 1

Yeah, Ember Prime isn't much better, for the record. She can take a single rocket, but Clem help you if a randomly convenient goon or squadmate doesn't take the next with their face.

The passive sort of makes sense, but Prime or not, Ember is far too squishy for the long haul, even with squadmates willing to physically stand between you and the enemy, and her abilities don't contribute effectively. Even with Firequake, World on Fire can only extend so far and it has that (in my opinion) ridiculous range reduction over time effect. Serially, even if she could cover the largest Void/Derelict chambers, World on Fire isn't all that effective against crowds beyond maybe Mars (without Firequake), and next-to-useless against any Corpus node where Nullifiers spawn.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Yeah, Ember Prime isn't much better, for the record. She can take a single rocket, but Clem help you if a randomly convenient goon or squadmate doesn't take the next with their face.

The passive sort of makes sense, but Prime or not, Ember is far too squishy for the long haul, even with squadmates willing to physically stand between you and the enemy, and her abilities don't contribute effectively. Even with Firequake, World on Fire can only extend so far and it has that (in my opinion) ridiculous range reduction over time effect. Serially, even if she could cover the largest Void/Derelict chambers, World on Fire isn't all that effective against crowds beyond maybe Mars (without Firequake), and next-to-useless against any Corpus node where Nullifiers spawn.

So yeah, we're at the point where the only to capitalize on is the 3 second stun from accelerent lol

Il y a 16 heures, (XB1)Architect Prime a dit :

Her passive sucks. If there is an efficient way to set ember on fire that's actually practical in combat, I'm all ears. I'd like see accelerent turn all incoming damage to heat in order to trigger the proc naturally. 

Penta Secura with napalm mod. Just walk into the napalm pools, not sure most people would play with an explosive gun and Ember though since you pretty much add another way to die all by yourself.

But i did enjoy a lot playing with both Penta (corrosive+fire) and Ember tbh.

Edited by 000l000

17 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

Penta Secura with napalm mod. Just walk into the napalm pools, not sure most people would play with an explosive gun and Ember though since you pretty much add another way to die all by yourself.

But i did enjoy a lot playing with both Penta (corrosive+fire) and Ember tbh.

That is A way. But I found in my experience that I needed something like ferrox or ignis to keep mobs under control with procs and what not. Not to mention the self harm is a bit extreme as you already said. 

Il y a 11 heures, (XB1)Architect Prime a dit :

That is A way. But I found in my experience that I needed something like ferrox or ignis to keep mobs under control with procs and what not. Not to mention the self harm is a bit extreme as you already said. 

Well i was playing with Ember 3rd augment for a time. It literally keeps a zone under control permanently, thus you can still shoot in there safely (with additional fire as an extra). With a bit of tactics Penta is a really good weapon, sure i have a really decent riven on it but tbh it's destroying everything in a pretty large area (and a nice candidate to Hunter munitions or even gas too).

Plus napalm pools make enemies burn so it also stop them from moving for a time. It can help that way too.

3 hours ago, 000l000 said:

Well i was playing with Ember 3rd augment for a time. It literally keeps a zone under control permanently, thus you can still shoot in there safely (with additional fire as an extra). With a bit of tactics Penta is a really good weapon, sure i have a really decent riven on it but tbh it's destroying everything in a pretty large area (and a nice candidate to Hunter munitions or even gas too).

Plus napalm pools make enemies burn so it also stop them from moving for a time. It can help that way too.

How do you use the augment? I'd like to check on that.