Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finishing Touch Is Useless.

-..-

250px-Finishing_touch.jpg

What exactly is the point of this mod? Isn't a finishing move supposed to be, well, the FINISHING move? What exactly is the point of calling it a "finishing move" when all it does is extra damage while they're downed? They should be one hit kills from the beginning. I shouldn't have to equip a (rather useless) mod just to enhance the damage of a useless attack. Considering the poor damage of most melee weapons, I'm pretty sure the damage is negligible even with the mod on. It takes less time and does more damage just shooting the downed enemy with an acrid.

DE, pls. Stop releasing useless mods and fix the basic mechanics of the game. Finishing moves should finish. Stealth assassinations should... assassinate. This would even encourage more stealth/melee play rather than just spraying and hoping you'll kill that level 130 ancient. Knock it down and use a finisher. 

Thoughts?

250px-Finishing_touch.jpg

What exactly is the point of this mod? Isn't a finishing move supposed to be, well, the FINISHING move? What exactly is the point of calling it a "finishing move" when all it does is extra damage while they're downed? They should be one hit kills from the beginning. I shouldn't have to equip a (rather useless) mod just to enhance the damage of a useless attack. Considering the poor damage of most melee weapons, I'm pretty sure the damage is negligible even with the mod on. It takes less time and does more damage just shooting the downed enemy with an acrid.

DE, pls. Stop releasing useless mods and fix the basic mechanics of the game. Finishing moves should finish. Stealth assassinations should... assassinate. This would even encourage more stealth/melee play rather than just spraying and hoping you'll kill that level 130 ancient. Knock it down and use a finisher. 

Thoughts?

I gotta admit, the man is absolutely correct.

I don't do stealth kills at all anymore because they don't actually kill. I do finishing moves as part of my fighting style...after kicking enemies in the face or after a melee ground slam that knock enemies down.

But both these moves should kill. 

Now if a fully modded Finishing Move could assure a kill then it might be worth it.

Let's propose a solution in-between :

- finishing moves do much more damage than currently, even without a mod

- finishing touch (mod) would give 15-30-45-60% chances of "finishing" the enemy instantly.

But I'm still feeling uncomfortable with the idea of being able to finish any enemy this way...

Puts it on Fragor, ground pounds, drops hammer on heads, things die. Seem to work about as well as anything that isn't an Acrid. Cause Enemy armor and bullite spunge.

I think the point here is that a ninja should be able to dispatch an enemy with a shrimp fork if they are downed.  Anything less than instant kill on a downed enemy is unacceptable.  Same with stealth attacks not yielding an instant kill.

(The exception being heavy units and/or bosses.)

So having this mod in the first place is foolish, because it consumes a mod slot for something that should be a built-in feature of the game.

I think the point here is that a ninja should be able to dispatch an enemy with a shrimp fork if they are downed.  Anything less than instant kill on a downed enemy is unacceptable.  Same with stealth attacks not yielding an instant kill.

(The exception being heavy units and/or bosses.)

So having this mod in the first place is foolish, because it consumes a mod slot for something that should be a built-in feature of the game.

I'll agree to that.

Although I think anything you down or sneak up on should be a one shot, but mobs like bosses or heavies should get modifiers to spot, or resist knockdown. So if you do actually pull it off you kill them.

Instantly killing downed enemies sounds completely OP (at least for heavies). They should just double the amount of damage the ground attack does. That way, it will be effective without being OP.

Most enemies up to around level 80 die in a couple shots to the head anyway, once you have a properly modded weapon. This includes heavies. It takes a lot longer to walk up to a downed enemy and finish him with an instant kill than kill him from 20 meters away with your Soma. How is a one shot finisher OP?

Its a nice combo with Heavy Impact, after recently I found out on the forums that it can be triggered again on any unit you knocked down and finish him... but still you depend on killing the enemy.

I like the idea of giving 15-60% chance at really finishing him. maybe lower it to 10-40/50%

Instantly killing downed enemies sounds completely OP (at least for heavies). They should just double the amount of damage the ground attack does. That way, it will be effective without being OP.

And thus we are back to mods like this.

The problem comes from enemies being stupidly damage spungy from cannon fodder to heavy/mini-boss/bosses.

Jebus, are we going to get a thread for every single one of these?

The last thread about a new mod at least had 2.

That means 17 threads to go?

By the way...... dont try to make silly points about the words use.

These mods cause nothing but laughter - not the good kind - and dilution, which DE seems to be notoriously bad at fixing.

Interestingly I love this on fang. When I'm ripping through enemies and moving quicker than they can follow to pop up in front of them and knock them all over, fang has a quick enough finisher that I can hit multiple enemies before they can get up.

Obviously it's a play style preference, but I don't think it's all that terrible, it's just, like most mods unfortunately, designed for a niche roll.

These mods cause nothing but laughter - not the good kind - and dilution, which DE seems to be notoriously bad at fixing.

What all these threads actually show is how horrible the community is in terms of game play.

There isnt game play, people just equip the same stuff and never change because they are scared. 

People dont actually want variety.

Did you read the part where I suggested that heavies and/or bosses should be immune to 1-hit kills?

What all these threads actually show is how horrible the community is in terms of game play.

There isnt game play, people just equip the same stuff and never change because they are scared. 

I would love variety if I didn't have to sacrifice usefulness.

And wise and sagely Tenno, how pray-tell did you divine such sooth for saying?

And wise and sagely Tenno, how pray-tell did you divine such sooth for saying?

Because the only mod deemed useful is Vigor and people are calling for a Flow/Streamline combination mod.

The only mods most people seem to use are the base stat mods and when some one mentions any of the others all that happens is this. 

Has anyone anywhere made a post saying how cool a mod is that isnt a base mod stat?

Hek, with the stamina change all that anyone needed to do to adjust to previous levels was to equip one or two of the stamina mods and we all know what happened." Nope, i am not going to be forced into using these mods i was asking you, DE, to make a use for."

It's pretty blatant.

Best thing about this mod is though that it doesn't even work on some melee weapons because they don't work properly in the first place, when it comes to execution or whatever you call it. For example the Fragor is a ugly example of that, most of the times which is about 95% of the times it misses it's execution move since the enemies get knocked to the side while doing the ground slam so it tries to execute an enemy in front of you when it is on the side of you. But I guess the problem there is more the weapons than the mod itself.

Because the only mod deemed useful is Vigor and people are calling for a Flow/Streamline combination mod.

The only mods most people seem to use are the base stat mods and when some one mentions any of the others all that happens is this. 

Has anyone anywhere made a post saying how cool a mod is that isnt a base mod stat?

Hek, with the stamina change all that anyone needed to do to adjust to previous levels was to equip one or two of the stamina mods and we all know what happened." Nope, i am not going to be forced into using these mods i was asking you, DE, to make a use for."

It's pretty blatant.

If you actually try and use a finishing move in a +80 map you'll probably need that vigor by the time the animation finishes....so what was your point again ?