Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is buying the orokin catalyst/reactor blueprint from the market worth it?

PROJECT_306

Question

17 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, PROJECT_306 said:

a single crafted orikin costs 20, but i wonder if the blueprint at the market is recyclable because it costs 100 plat

There is no such thing as a recyclable Orokin Catalyst/Reactor blueprint; whatever you're looking at, it's something else.

Edited by NekroArts

52 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

The cells BP is good if you find yourself a few short and don't want to farm them. 

Don't. Waste of płat. If you're a few short on cells, just do Gabi on Ceres. It's 4-10 a run, depending on rng and your vigilance in hunting down all containers. Even better results with Necros. And its 20k credits for completion, 40 if it's your first daily. Good credits if youre not buff enough for index or arbitrations. 

8 hours ago, -OE-Shadowlord said:

r u sure its 100p?

(from what i remember i saw it when looking on the market on my orbiter and buying one) might insert picture if i do get to be online tomorrow

if there wasno such thing i think i will say "i just started a useless conversation for others"

4 hours ago, (PS4)CeetjeBeetje said:

If you have some spare plat, it's a pretty good deal to pay the 20p for crafted Orokin reactors/Catalysts. I spent a lot of plat on Forma's as well. I hate having to spend my orokin cells on building Forma. I'm always low on cells, so I want to exclusively try and spend them on frame parts and weapons.

i think its easy farming them on ceres' dark sector survival? (or it is just me?)

8 hours ago, Nitresco said:

Are you sure you’re not looking at the blueprint that allows you to craft Orokin Cells and not Orokin Catalysts/Reactors

There is no reusable blueprint for Catalysts/Reactors. Either you get them pre-built or in single-use blueprint form. 

oh single use bp...

yess i think i am sure that i am not looking at the cells (i think)

9 hours ago, Sgt.Tau said:

The cells BP is good if you find yourself a few short and don't want to farm them. 

Saturn / Helene fixes all concerns for Orokin Cells. in 15 waves worth game time you should be able to obtain at least two of them. If you make Helene your primary grounds for leveling up weapons and frames, you'll never have to worry about them again. (nearly 2k of them on my account.) 

Back to OP's question: Only spend the plat if you know the item in question is going to be long-standing in your arsenal. Do a little research if uncertain about the item in question via youtube. For every possible topic regarding Warframe there are at least three videos on it. Avoid Orokin upgrades on standard frames if a "prime" version is available.

Edited by (PS4)PanserKunst
additional comment

1 hour ago, (PS4)PanserKunst said:

Saturn / Helene fixes all concerns for Orokin Cells. in 15 waves worth game time you should be able to obtain at least two of them. If you make Helene your primary grounds for leveling up weapons and frames, you'll never have to worry about them again. (nearly 2k of them on my account.) 

Totally agree. Without even trying, I have over 1K in stock. IMHO, except for some of the pet and gear stuff, most of the reusable BP  are not worth it.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Don't. Waste of płat. If you're a few short on cells, just do Gabi on Ceres. It's 4-10 a run, depending on rng and your vigilance in hunting down all containers.

Runs on boss nodes like Gen. Sargas Ruk often drops cells (repetitive run is optional esp. for solo doers) and way cooler when bumping onto a Cell Array along the way would do you better...

Edited by FerockQuartz

11 hours ago, PROJECT_306 said:

i wonder if the blueprint at the market is recyclable because it costs 100 plat

If i remember right, it was not worth it. Invasion have them pretty common and normally one after each dev stream. NW also makes it pretty easy to get.

So much has been said already but if I may put my 2 cents forward and what i personally went through getting to my current progression. 

Early on the reactors are going to help you get through the star chart and are needed badly = totally worth it from the 50 plat you get from starting the game. 

Moving forward, is it worth to buy it later in the game = No, since you get more ways to get the blue print and resources needed to build them. 

In the end, it all depends on how much you can spend on the game and how much time you put in. Hope this helps.