Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing the Wolf

SuperPiatos

Stone me to death or crucify me but I kinda miss the FIRST Wolf of Saturn Six. No not the Nightwave itself but the Wolf of Saturn Six.

Some of the players now doesn't even know the nightmare he brings when you hear his howl. I still remember how I fought him solo because he showed up in one of my capture missions. We fought for more or less than 5 minutes and I was bringing my strongest weapon and a max strength Rhino Prime. Also remembered a time when I was doing Hydron with a premade squad and 2 of them said "Don't revive. Suicide. He will disappear when we all die and let's revive then". The constant anxiety he brings that makes us equip our strongest weapon to Hydron just because he might show up.

It is kinda sad that he was nerfed to the ground because he was too OP but he was the closest nightmare we could have for a real Assassin Boss unlike Stalker and ****** Stalker which is kind of a joke.

• Like 2

In theory, but good lord was he poorly balanced. Have a Rad/Crit Weapon and/or a buff frame? No? Have fun shooting at a brick wall for 20 minutes.

It's just dull, repetitive, and shoehorns people into specific loadouts. Give him some kind of rebalance, then maybe we can talk.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

cant understand why DE removed wolf...they add something new and remove....hard to explain!

I miss old alerts....nw is interesting but random things bring life to warframe...now is darkness!

I guess it is because the intention of Nightwave is like a "current events" news on the system. Like some news that you see/hear on the TV but unlike the ones in TVs, we can actually be a part of it. 

Edited by SuperPiatos

I liked the mechanic a lot.  It was cool and different. But he needed to be damaged by IPS so new player squads had a chance. Even if it’s a 10min fight at least seeing his health bar go down would have been encouraging.  I have fond memories of him massacring MR4 players and their all running around freaking out!!  

1 hour ago, Costanzafaust said:

He showed up during a survival run the other day, maybe one of the other players was wearing his beacon.   I think we got him about halfway down before just running to extraction. Is there some secret to beating him other than plinking away for 20+ minutes?

Bring a rad/crit weapon and bring a Kavat that can strip armor. Rad crit/Void Stalker (Naramon) was the most fun method imho.

To be fair, not enough players mod for Radiation in their loadouts. I agree that fighting Wolf was a very refreshing experience.

Yeah... I don't miss having to bring my Rubico Prime with me to every single mission just in case he showed up. Having to always be prepared for an enemy with such a tiny, yet constant, chance to show up is not fun.

Plus, his story didn't even make any sense. Why was he attacking the Tenno? We did nothing to him. It seems like it would have made more sense for him to join Steel Meridian, and get the Tenno to help him infiltrate the Saturn Six Prison to free his pack mates, and eventually hunt down the warden. It could have lead to a new tileset, a new mission type, and a new normal boss fight. Or at least variations on older ones.

But no. DE just wanted to rush out something they could use as a teaser for the new Amalgam stuff they were about to introduce. So instead, we got one of the worst designed boss fights I have ever seen, and a character with nonsensical motivations and barely any personality at all.

I am extremely glad he was temporary.

I don't miss him as a random incursion that was some low level lameness. All the random encounters did was limit peoples loadout options cause now one of your slots was always for your obligate anti-wolf gear. 

That said I'm kinda surprised they didn't work him into the game somehow outside of the Wolf Beacon bandaid. I could have seen him as a new boss, I mean heck he's supposedly subjugated by the Corpus at the moment so why not give him a bit more of a corpus theme and use him to replace the Sergeant. 

Or just a couple Lotus voice lines instead of the imaginary Corpus language the Sergeant spits out. Explaining how the Wolf and his pack are now Alad Vs pawn and you need to take him down would probably have been fine. Don't even really need a visual update so he reads corpus.

I mean unless they have some other major plan for him in the future?

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Costanzafaust said:

He showed up during a survival run the other day, maybe one of the other players was wearing his beacon.   I think we got him about halfway down before just running to extraction. Is there some secret to beating him other than plinking away for 20+ minutes?

rad+ crit weapons (he is status imune) and damage buff frames.  another good choice is shattering impact on a melee

the fastest way is Valk with hystaria or a baruke both specked Rad crit and running shattering impact valk is slightly faster bot both are the best way to kill him.  

other options are Oberon with 1 augment and a haigh damage crit weapon like the rubico, toncor... you must treat him like an eidoaln because he is very similar when it comes to health types and immuneties.  

He was way to tanky honestly i found him to be annoying.  I would typically abort mission if he spawned.  Especially considering he would often spawn on me well i was leveling stuff.   So i couldn't kill him quickly.

I just spam killed him at the end to get my wolfs hammer in the final alert.

Its cool to have bosses spawn on us.  But don't make them annoying bullet sponges with lousy drop rates.

He can still summoned via beacons though.  Had a random summon him well leveling in hydron. 

....... 30 minutes later he died and dropped nothing of value.

Unless specifically building to melt him hes too tanky.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

19 hours ago, Loza03 said:

In theory, but good lord was he poorly balanced. Have a Rad/Crit Weapon and/or a buff frame? No? Have fun shooting at a brick wall for 20 minutes.

It's just dull, repetitive, and shoehorns people into specific loadouts. Give him some kind of rebalance, then maybe we can talk.

Mhm. Definitely could be boring, especially if other people didn't bring a rad backup. Which I started doing. 

37 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Mhm. Definitely could be boring, especially if other people didn't bring a rad backup. Which I started doing. 

That was exactly the problem tho. You started doing that, I constantly had it with me - but in open matchmaking how many others were thinking ahead?^^

Before DE gave us the showdown-missions at the last minute, all the times he appeared randomly for me he downed everybody else or they just started running away. 

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

I did too, but that's what I'm talking about.

Forcing people to bring a Rad weapon in one of their slots. Might not be awful with just the Wolf, but it does set a dangerous precedent.