Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania and Arbitration Drones

Loshirai14

Titania relies mostly on her 4th ability, RAZORWING BLITZ

Builds for her includes damage reduction while airborne (Aviator, Agilty Drift and Aerodynamic)

While in RAZORWING, she uses her exalted weapons and can't use her normal weapons

Exalted Weapons can't hit Arbitration Drones

Titania has to exit RAZORWING (which has a long animation to re-enter) to deal with drones which means she loses her airborne damage reduction

Titania's other abilities are not useful in most cases

Let's compare Titania to other frames with Exalted Weapons

Mesa has peacemaker which is a very powerful Exalted Weapon. She also has 95% damage reduction on her 3rd ability and can jam enemy weapons with her 2nd ability.

Valkyr has Hysteria which makes her invulnerable. She can still shoot with her normal guns to deal with drones and can come back to Hysteria with a tap of the melee button. Her 2nd ability gives her Armor and Attack Speed bonus.

Wukong has Primal Fury which can be a very powerful Exalted Weapon with the right setup. He can still shoot with his normal guns to deal with drones while in Primal Fury. His 2nd ability makes him and his clone invincible while healing him. His 3rd makes him invincible for a few seconds and then giving him a huge boost of armor for a long duration.

Excalibur has Exalted Blade which has attacks that goes through walls. His 2nd ability is a fast cast AoE blind. He can still use his normal guns to deal with drones.

Ivara has Artemis Bow. Her 3rd ability is invisibility that can last minutes. I don't think a lot of people use her Exalted Weapon.

Garuda has... do people actually use her Talons? Her 2nd ability is a very strong heal. 1st ability gives her a barrier

Hildryn, let's be honest. It's almost impossible to kill her.

Baruuk... i have never used him but his 2nd ability is a large range CC, his 3rd ability gives him damage reduction. I think he can still shoot with his normal guns while his 4th ability is active.

Everything considered, Titania's RAZORWING is useless in arbitrations due to it not being able to hit arbitration drones and she cant use her normal weapons while it is active.
Yes, her 1st and 3rd abilities are CC, but it wont help her deal with drones due to Enemies close to the drones being immune to CC

Something has to be done to make her useful in arbitrations. Tweaking her 1st, 2nd and 3rd abilities wont do. They need to be changed. Something has to be done with her 4th ability to let her deal with arbitration drones as efficiently as other warframes with exalted weapons do.

8 minutes ago, Loshirai14 said:

Something has to be done to make her useful in arbitrations. Tweaking her 1st, 2nd and 3rd abilities wont do. They need to be changed. Something has to be done with her 4th ability to let her deal with arbitration drones as efficiently as other warframes with exalted weapons do.

She definitely doesn't need to be able to use exalted weapons on Arbitration drones, for the same reason as all other exalted weapons. Her other abilities need to be reworked to make sure she isn't useless outside of Razorwing, as people have been asking for years. Lol

First, let me get to this:

7 minutes ago, Loshirai14 said:

Titania relies mostly on her 4th ability, RAZORWING BLITZ

Builds for her includes damage reduction while airborne (Aviator, Agilty Drift and Aerodynamic)

I am pretty certain that Razorwing works exactly like an Archwing. Last time I've tested Archwing, it counts as being on the ground (Yes, I understand that it sounds ridiculous). I've tested this with Atlas, as his passive requires him to be on the ground. You wouldn't get knocked down during Archwing.

So mods like Aviator, Agility Drift and Aerodynamic do nothing while in Razorwing.

Now onwards to why I think she's fine as is, "even" in comparison.

Not every warframe has to perform equally in every game mode. 

Furthermore, I find it a bit sad that you(and others) reduce her to her Razorwing. Here's what my thoughts are on the other abilities:

1. Her 1 can double as CC or Support ability, not only reducing damage to 0%, but also making you and your allies immune to pesky status effects.
  2. Her 2 gives you and your allies buffs that heighten defense, or reduce enemy speed - both giving you more survivability - as well as buff damage output a little. 
  3. Her 3 isn't where it should be. This could use a rework, but only in the quality that you should be able to control where the lantern goes. 

She can do a good ammount of things if you are ready to play her outside of her four.

Does Titania need an urgent rework or even an overhaul? - I say no.
Does she need a looking at to get her up to date? - Sure, but there's other warframes that require more attention.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

She definitely doesn't need to be able to use exalted weapons on Arbitration drones, for the same reason as all other exalted weapons. Her other abilities need to be reworked to make sure she isn't useless outside of Razorwing, as people have been asking for years. Lol

They can let her use her normal guns while in Razorwing or make it similar to Valkyr's Hysteria. Let her exit and enter Razorwing quickly (Without deactivating) which should make you automatically aimglide for a few seconds or until you re-enter Razorwing (without the long activation animation). Of course, there would still be channeling cost.

6 minutes ago, Loshirai14 said:

They can let her use her normal guns while in Razorwing or make it similar to Valkyr's Hysteria. Let her exit and enter Razorwing quickly (Without deactivating) which should make you automatically aimglide for a few seconds or until you re-enter Razorwing (without the long activation animation). Of course, there would still be channeling cost.

I'm not sure where the rest of her stuff goes when she shrinks, but I don't think she can maintain her normal guns at that size.

But...I actually support your second option. Having the ability to quickly switch out of that mode to use normal weapons briefly sounds good. Maybe by holding the "Switch Weapon" button...since it's not used for melee mode anymore.

6 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

I am pretty certain that Razorwing works exactly like an Archwing. Last time I've tested Archwing, it counts as being on the ground (Yes, I understand that it sounds ridiculous). I've tested this with Atlas, as his passive requires him to be on the ground. You wouldn't get knocked down during Archwing.

So mods like Aviator, Agility Drift and Aerodynamic do nothing while in Razorwing.

Furthermore, I find it a bit sad that you(and others) reduce her to her Razorwing. Here's what my thoughts are on the other abilities:

1. Her 1 can double as CC or Support ability, not only reducing damage to 0%, but also making you and your allies immune to pesky status effects.
  2. Her 2 gives you and your allies buffs that heighten defense, or reduce enemy speed - both giving you more survivability - as well as buff damage output a little. 
  3. Her 3 isn't where it should be. This could use a rework, but only in the quality that you should be able to control where the lantern goes. 

She can do a good ammount of things if you are ready to play her outside of her four.

Does she need a looking at to get her up to date? - Sure, but there's other warframes that require more attention.

Hotfix 24.5.5

• Aviator now applies to Titania while she is in Razorwing.

1. Her 1 buff makes you immune to status. Doesn't really matter when bullets can still kill you like the buff isn't even there

2. her 2 are nice buffs except for the fact that you have to charge into the target to get the buff doesn't make it useful specially when you die so easily. Mods doesn't help it in any way.

a. Dust gives evasion, it's good on paper but doesn't matter when a single stray bullet can 1 shot you in higher levels

b. Thorns. 50% reflect damage is nothing. Even javlok's 6000% reflect damage is barely useful

c.  Entangle is somewhat useful but 25% slow is barely noticeable and it only slows movement, they still fire just as fast which means they can still kill you as if the slow isn't even there.

d. Full moon buffs companions, i repeat. Companions

She's made for Razorwing, There are mods that makes her tanky while in it. 

If you use her for the buffs. There are other frames that does it much much better (Wisp, Equinox, Oberon etc)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

I'm almost positive they made an update a little while ago to specifically make those work in Razorwing...

18 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

Her casting times are terrible, even with Natural Talent on, making it almost impossible to avoid being killed in a few seconds in Arbitrations without Razorwing... But DE already said they are fixing this soon.

Her buffs are bad. DE is adding  damage restistance to the damage reflection buff though, so maybe that'll help depending how much it increases. 

The lantern just shouldn't move, preferably.

22 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

Not so much.

23 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

I agree that she just needs to be made up-to-date. But really, aside from Vauban, she's as bad as any other bad frame that needs one. 

Wow good to know.   Not being able to use exalted weapons on the drones completely ruins Titania for that game mode.  I haven't tried the mode yet but I was thinking of attempting with Titania.

What BS.  Why does DE hate warframes so much that they have to constantly shut them down so you're forced to use specific meta frames that aren't effected as much or at all, and revolve around meta weapons.   If I wanted to play a weapon shooter I'd play Destiny, I play warframe for the warframes.

Edited by Kingsmount

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1038462-nyx-titania-dev-workshop/?do=findComment&comment=10359546

On 2018-11-28 at 1:50 PM, Synpai said:

Titania is still incredibly lacking in comparison. You're still keeping the 4 "RNG" (based on enemies so you may get the buff, you may not) when only one of them are really useful: Dust (full moon...is okay but the flies die so quickly it'll hardly matter later on). Is it really worth having all the variation if there aren't really valuable choices? 

I'd be A-OK if the buff did something more consistent otherwise energy is better off being used in Razorwing or CC.

Titania's passive still Ill-reflects how players have to play her (Razorwing or death). In conjunction with her parkour speed it'd be nice to have her casting speed/costs reduced while air borne since the casting speed change at least seems to be true for razorwing.

But there are so many problems still left unnoticed:

• How the razorflies die quickly and have no return method.
  • How titania's method of survival and damage make her a poor caster (since you have to use most of your energy staying in Razorwing)
  • Diwata has no purpose due to how evasion currently functions
  • No ability synergy 
  • No use of operator
  • Lantern and spellbind competing in use against enemies (though spellbind offers status immunity on the ally side)
On 2018-11-28 at 1:56 PM, Synpai said:

Overall Gripes:

• Lack of companions
  • Lack of environment interaction (consoles and such)
  • Lack of Operator interactions
  • No energy refund or sustain mechanics

It was probably easier to make her this way, but it really makes her feel kind of stale since Razorwing is her bread and butter.

Passive: 
I agree that there's an issue with the trampoline portion of this ability not being useful in Razorwing or solo overall. I think simply giving her increased cast speed while airborne is a good alternative, since that's technically the case for Razorwing (dear god, never try to cast that on the ground lol)

Ability 1 (Spellbind): 

1. You hit the nail on the head with your suggestion to just suspend enemies, but let's not forget to fix the terrible targeting mechanic of this ability. 
  2. Also increasing cast distance/ affect range in razorwing would be GREAT.

Ability 2 (Tribute):

1. "RNG" buffs are poor abilities, even if you reduce it to two enemy types there's no way to choose one over the other
  2. As a frame that seems to lean toward distanced gameplay....you have to run into these to get the buff (5 times to cap the buff)..it still baffles me to this day

I would prefer the "souls" tribute makes to be an extra target that allows Titania to deal a portion of damage to all targets affected by spellbind and when the spirit dies:

• Enemies are affected by a status explosion (impact) that could change if the tribute target was affected by spellbind (blast), lantern (radiation), or both.
  • Allies get a (consistent) buff whether they are in range of the spirt or Titania; Titania gets the buff regardless of range and spawns more Razorflies (to a cap)

***NOTE: it's possible for them to give her multiple tribute buffs on a cycle like Ivara's Quiver, but they would have to be significantly better than what tribute currently offers and really all she needs is survivability (which she can get from Razorfly count, Tribute Buff, or Diwata stacking)

Ability 3 (Lantern):

• It's probably for the best that this just be a placement or at the very least make it cast-able on allies to give some form of control on the Mesmerize.
  • I feel that this should have an increased effect radius when affected by spellbind.

Ability 4 (Razorwing):

I think you hit most of the problems with this ability.

• Razorwings should scale with Titania's stats and power strength (and also respawn)
  • Slamming into floors to get pickups is a little clunky, a minor vacuum would do wonders.
  • Diwata...needs a purpose more than a buff, due to the nature of evasion Diwata is near unusable even if it was a strong melee Titania's playstyle clashes HARD.
    • It's possible to make tribute give her unlimited ammo (briefly) or survivability (either true evasion or DR) when destroyed with Dex Pixia and Diwata respectively.
    • It's possible to have tribute just give survivability (period: be it true evasion or DR) and have Diwata spread spellbind and/or spawn razorflies

Includes synergies, refund mechanics, a way to make Diwata useful. For sure would take more time, but she needs more than tweaks IMHO. 

^ In terms of Titania, it was heavily noted when they added vacuum to razorwing that the rest of her kit doesn't reflect how she's played (November 18, so almost a year now)

It's also been brought up that Arbitrations create a HARD anti-exalted meta: If the frame relies on abilities that affect enemies, it's like playing while missing limbs and sadly Titania's entire kit is "ability based" requiring enemy targets. All it takes is one arbitration drone and everything is made obsolete... ideally Arbitrations should have various drone types (some that can only be meleed, some that need to be affected by abilities/cc, etc) to reward reaction and preparation as opposed to "Be tanky and have an AOE weapon"

Edited by Synpai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Loshirai14 said:

Failed argument. Every Warframe looses every skill vs. Arbi creatures.

Valkyr, Vauban, Mag, Gauss, Baruuk, etc. etc.

It's all good that is the part when your weapons matter in Arbi. 😉

Edited by 40PE
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

This used to be true however at this point Razorwing is distinct from Archwing and does not behave the same way. About a year and half ago they removed collision damage and back around January they made razorwing count as being airborne while archwing is still considered to be grounded in regards to mods.

This is crap argument as arbitrations along with eidolon and orb mother's are the closest thing to "end game" content Warframe has. Arbitrations are not simply a different mission type that are comparable in the same way defense vs survival is. I am fine with different frames being better or worse in different mission types I am not fine with saying "well that frame isn't meant to do end game as well". 

This is what shows me you don't play Titania in high level missions.

1. Spellbind is a terrible CC ability because it's requires a Target and it has a very small range. 5m is basically nothing especially when instead of aiming at the center of a group of enemies you have to aim at a single enemy who will probably be on the edge of that grouping which means you'll only ever it half of a small group. The Status immunity is nice but when you have 300 HP and 60 armor most enemies will be one or two shotting Titania after level 60ish anyway so it doesn't really matter the only thing that is does is make you immune to the stun effect from blasts or grabs and lets you cleanse toxic proc when you accidentally fly through gas clouds which are pretty easy to avoid with Titania. 

2. Dust is the only useful buff and the only one other part of her kit that adds any amount of meaningful survival which is still entirely RNG based and complete irrelevant to the things that present the greatest risk to Titania which is bombards that will basically always oneshot Titania regardless of this buff or her 50% Dodge in RW. Entangle doesn't reduce fire rate or attack/animation speed unlike every other slow in the game and only reduces walking speed so it doesn't increase survival at all cuz bullets don't walk. Thorns is 50% reflect and doesn't reduce damage at all right now. Full moon only affects companions so to get an idea of how good that is just pop into E prime on Earth with no primary, secondary, or melee equiped and just let your pet kill everything with this buff on it will be a painful 20 minutes for you. 

3. lantern is actually Titania's second best ability as long as you can us it in a very confined space or just spam it on 3 different Target for momentary CC before they make like team rocket in every episode of Pokemon and blast of at the slightest provocation. 

Even if this were true making a build that doesn't make her other 3 abilities more useless than they already are and there fore sacrificing even a mild portion of Razorwing's efficiency and effectiveness is a net loss and opportunity cost of doing so is far too high to justify. 

So I very much disagree she does need a rework I am not even saying she is bad she just has 3 virtually useless abilities and one exceptionally good ability and over all it results in a sub par experience. As a shameless self promotion I actually made a post about a rework for Titania that keeps all of her design concepts and 3 of her 4 abilities that you can find here: 

Edited by TheKazz91
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Synpai said:

Ideally Arbitrations should have various drone types (some that can only be meleed, some that need to be affected by abilities/cc, etc) to reward reaction and preparation as opposed to "Be tanky and have an AOE weapon"

I LOVE this idea. It would be amazing if there were maybe 4 different types of arbitration drones that each had their own color, effect, and counter. 

Red drones: 

Make enemies immune to weapon damage and take 95% reduced ability damage and must be destroyed with weapon damage.

Blue drones:

Make enemies immune to all abilities and take 95% reduced weapon damage and must be destroyed with ability damage.

Yellow drones: 

Provied a haste buff to enemies granting them 100% increase movement speed, attack speed, and fire rate and the drones them selves are immune to all damage unless they are affected by Hard CC or a 75% or greater slow.

Green drones:

Grant enemies +50% damage and a 50% damage reflection and take damage equal to the amount of player HP that is healed within 20m of them.

Personally I think this is a much better approach to not only add some variety to arbitrations and to encourage a lot more perpetration and comp variety where you actually want to find a group that can deal with all 4 drone types effectively.

Edited by TheKazz91
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

I LOVE this idea. It would be amazing if there were maybe 4 different types of arbitration drones that each had their own color, effect, and counter. 

Red drones: 

Make enemies immune to weapon damage and take 95% reduced ability damage and must be destroyed with weapon damage.

Blue drones:

Make enemies immune to all abilities and take 95% reduced weapon damage and must be destroyed with ability damage.

Yellow drones: 

Provied a haste buff to enemies granting them 100% increase movement speed, attack speed, and fire rate and the drones them selves are immune to all damage unless they are affected by Hard CC or a 75% or greater slow.

Green drones:

Grant enemies +50% damage and a 50% damage reflection and take damage equal to the amount of player HP that is healed within 20m of them.

Personally I think this is a much better approach to not only add some variety to arbitrations and to encourage a lot more perpetration and comp variety where you actually want to find a group that can deal with all 4 drone types effectively.

Awesome ideas. I hope the devs see this.

8 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

Red drones: 

Blue drones:

Yellow drones: 

Green drones:

Pretty much suggested this directly + Operator based drone (so destroyed by void damage)

17 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

I like your suggestions. I actually suggested a very similar concept for a rework of enemy balance game-wide: Having standard enemies of each type in missions to encourage having Damage/Tank/healer/CC in each mission rather than Damage/Damage/Damage/Tank.

On 2019-09-23 at 7:01 AM, Loshirai14 said:

Garuda has... do people actually use her Talons? Her 2nd ability is a very strong heal. 1st ability gives her a barrier.

Baruuk... i have never used him but his 2nd ability is a large range CC, his 3rd ability gives him damage reduction. I think he can still shoot with his normal guns while his 4th ability is active.

Sane people do not use her talons, I on the other hand like to pretend they are decent and use them anyway.

Baruuk can nearly indefinitely keep his weapons going as long as he has energy for 2, and his 3 is 90% damage reduction, can be passed to allies, and is easy to upkeep. Plus he can hit are drones through walls with his fists pretty much by looking in their general direction.

I've never used titania in Arby, but how come she can't hit drones? She can hit thumper weak points even...

On 2019-09-23 at 7:21 AM, ScribbleClash said:

Does she need a looking at to get her up to date? - Sure, but there's other warframes that require more attention

I feel arbitration should be excluded from your concept of not everyone should be good at everything. It gives a random frame and weapon a buff, different per person, making versatility interesting, and an excuse for using different frames. We're the game in general better balanced, this would be an amazing concept with some interesting combos you wouldn't normally see.

Her 1 is her only somewhat competitive ability outside of 4, we want her abilities to be better, not remain as are, I get you love her, me too, but she needs some changes for the current environment of the game. It's not that people don't like her, its because she is liked that people want her to be better. But her 1 is so niche that you may as well as 4 and done.

Her 2 is also VERY niche, exclusive to specific targets for buffs that are comparatively not amazing, and you have to touch them to get them. It also immobilizes a single target.

Her 3 is single target, has very little actual effect on the enemy, and makes its one target immune to damage...let me just shoot that floaty...omg it just bounces away.

She absolutely needs a rework, she needs more than one useful ability, and 3 situationally decent abilities.

And yes other frames need fixed too. DE severely needs to balance frames out. Especially making having different types of frames useful, instead of infinite/near infinite range with no los dps frames being the meta. Teamwork with different abilities should be the meta (healing, tanking, single target vs aoe utility, lockdowns, buffing/debuffing, should all have a place)

Also her 4 counts for aerial mods now.

On ‎2019‎-‎09‎-‎23 at 1:23 PM, TheKazz91 said:

I

Blue drones:

If the blue drones are immune to all abilities, then how can you destroy it with ability damage? 

Edit: Or did you mean everyone except the blue drone?

Edited by Krenlik

On 2019-09-23 at 8:45 AM, Kingsmount said:

Wow good to know.   Not being able to use exalted weapons on the drones completely ruins Titania for that game mode.  I haven't tried the mode yet but I was thinking of attempting with Titania.

What BS.  Why does DE hate warframes so much that they have to constantly shut them down so you're forced to use specific meta frames that aren't effected as much or at all, and revolve around meta weapons.   If I wanted to play a weapon shooter I'd play Destiny, I play warframe for the warframes.

You can probably thank Mesa for that..... because Mesa is the exalted problem child, seeing as her "exalted" is more power than weapon. Where as all of the other exalted weapons actually require standard user input. 

Whenever they nerf Exalted weapons or how they interact with things like Arcanes, which has happened a few times and then been rolled back..... it's because they are IMHO trying to reign in Peacemaker and throwing every other exalted weapon under the buss in the process. 

What I really wish they would do is just remove Peacemakers exalted status and correctly declare it as the power it actually is. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1