Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Permission to use Alliance.

(PSN)I_I_Hope_I_I

So, I noticed something after making an Alliance: 

There is no way to completely block someone from using the Alliance chat wen said person is  in the Alliance. Say there was someone in a clan that does not fallow the Alliance rules, but you do not wish to have neither the clan kicked from the Alliance or the person kicked from the clan, shouldn't the creator of the Alliance or the Warlord of the clan the player belongs to be able to restrict the use of Alliance to the player instead of having to Ban said players for 1 day every day ?

Or is there something I am missing and that is already a option ? What are you guys thoughts ?

Edited by (PS4)Cephalon_Hope
Bad Phrasing

4 hours ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Sorry about that, fixed the wording XD

Ah, ok!

It would be nice to have the power to moderate clan members chat privileges in alliance chat.  I've had a couple clan leaders from an old alliance lament a out some alliance members chat behaviour and not being able to actually do anything about it, short of removing them from the clan. 

Would be nice to promote alliance chat mods tbh.

If they were to do anything to make alliances better I wish we could view the rosters of any clan in the alliance at any time but we can't even do that.  In terms of permanently banning someone from alliance chat, if someone like that pops up talk to their leaders and get them to talk to their member about cleaning up their chat behavior and if that doesn't work, remove them from the clan.  Alliances are a lot of work the way they are set up currently and they can be stressful.  

14 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

If they were to do anything to make alliances better I wish we could view the rosters of any clan in the alliance at any time but we can't even do that.  In terms of permanently banning someone from alliance chat, if someone like that pops up talk to their leaders and get them to talk to their member about cleaning up their chat behavior and if that doesn't work, remove them from the clan.  Alliances are a lot of work the way they are set up currently and they can be stressful.  

Thats the thing, I dont want to make someone kick someone from their clan because of their behavior on Alliance, since Alliance is a chat moderated by the clan that made it (mine) and so, someone causing a problem there should not affect the clan they belong to, hence why I find it weird that DE hasn't implemented a toggle for "allow player to view alliance chat" to either the founding clan or the warlord of the other clans.

On 2019-09-24 at 12:24 PM, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Thats the thing, I dont want to make someone kick someone from their clan because of their behavior on Alliance, since Alliance is a chat moderated by the clan that made it (mine) and so, someone causing a problem there should not affect the clan they belong to, hence why I find it weird that DE hasn't implemented a toggle for "allow player to view alliance chat" to either the founding clan or the warlord of the other clans.

If you're the founding clan of an alliance you have more power and responsibility then other clans in the alliance.  On top of that you can grant moderator privileges to people in other clans in your alliance.  But, again, I didn't just say "kick them" I said to talk to the leader of the clan and have them talk to their member about their behavior because, frankly, if someone can't listen to the leadership in their clan about being more respectful in alliance chat they should be kicked from that clan plain and simple.  There are plenty of tenno in the sea who can take their place in the clan.