Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoV

AreaneR.

Hello,

This is not FoV that limits the graphics usage,im talking about PoV that uses different angles.

For example,the standard PoV in WF is 2,in missions like Archwing,Plains of Eidolon,Fortuna, etc. i would recommend 3rd PoV which reveals more of the terrain and allows for better maneuvering.

Another useful one is 1st PoV which is basically like in CS GO,Borderlands 3, etc. (1st person). 

I believe this would be an awesome feature in both ways: Players get better experience + better optimization to system performance.

I am really anxious to see some new performances in WF besides shiny particles,it has been in a place for quite some time now.

1 minute ago, AreaneR. said:

Another useful one is 1st PoV which is basically like in CS GO,Borderlands 3, etc. (1st person). 

First person isn’t happening. People have been asking for years to no avail. Imagine how bad it would be with all the jumping and rolling.

Being able to adjust the camera position between several third person options might be useful at times.

Just now, krc473 said:

First person isn’t happening. People have been asking for years to no avail. Imagine how bad it would be with all the jumping and rolling.

I have no doubt people already asked before for 1st person "years" ago,i see no reason for making it impossible.

2 minutes ago, AreaneR. said:

I have no doubt people already asked before for 1st person "years" ago,i see no reason for making it impossible.

You should probably look up some videos about character and animation rigging then, and look up some older quotes by the devs as to why first person would never be a thing due to such things among other reasons. Just because you might have to do some digging to find it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AreaneR. said:

Not years ago. For years. They are very different. Consider how people move in Warframe, first person is likely to cause motion sickness in people due to all the rolling/jumping/sliding/melee spinning etc.

• You should try and find other first person games that have a movement/parkour system similar to Warframe’s.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Not years ago. For years. They are very different. Consider how people move in Warframe, first person is likely to cause motion sickness in people due to all the rolling/jumping/sliding/melee spinning etc.

• You should try and find other first person games that have a movement/parkour system similar to Warframe’s.

Why so? WF is a perfect example.

PPL who get motion sickness should visit a doctor..

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s this thing called motion sickness. And a 1st person view in this game would create that.

I am well aware of it. Though i have never experienced it before.

The UT 2004 had a side roll and wall jumps as well,i never got dazzed by it,yet it worked so smooth.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s this thing called motion sickness. And a 1st person view in this game would create that.

BS.  People already get that even without First person... Besides, its Optional first person we r talking about here.

Titanfall 2 is entirely first person and its totally fine. All parcour and sht feels great too.

But yeah, First person view is not very necessary in Warframe....But I would use it for Latch aiming, Ciphers and maybe some other actions that usually get weird/blocked camera angles.

2 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

But yeah, First person view is not very necessary in Warframe....But I would use it for Latch aiming, Ciphers and maybe some other actions that usually get weird/blocked camera angles.

Thats a good one,we are all joking here and all is fine. If you don't like 1st person you can switch to regular one at any time. Thats my point.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s a bad idea. Simple as that. Just because it doesn’t affect you doesn’t mean it won’t affect other people. And I see no benefit in DE working on something that only ends up making the game worse

I already said you can be able to switch to whatever PoV u feel like it suits you.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Ask yourself, do you really want the dev team to dedicate time and resources to creating a 1st person pov, when that could be better spent somewhere else?

I can't speak for anyone besides myself, but as someone who advocated it back before DE said it wouldn't happen, all I wanted was "reduced field of view to the point at which the camera was inside of the head" in the same vein as the various "first person glitches" that have always existed in this game.  A low-effort novelty, not a well-made mechanic the have to put any real resources towards.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No game "creates" motion sickness, if someone gets motion sick from playing a game it means they are already predisposed to motion sickness and the game simply triggered that preexisting condition.

To the OP, DE has said first person view will never happen in Warframe, see here, so there is no benefit to you arguing it.

1 minute ago, xXRampantXx said:

I can't speak for anyone besides myself, but as someone who advocated it back before DE said it wouldn't happen, all I wanted was "reduced field of view to the point at which the camera was inside of the head" in the same vein as the various "first person glitches" that have always existed in this game.  A low-effort novelty, not a well-made mechanic the have to put any real resources towards.

Imagine that PoV scroll line in your settings just adjusting to your needs,mmh..

Warframe isn't designed for 1st person view. [DE] devs said it before... But if it was me, I would've implemented it, but I wouldn't make it like UT2004. UT2004 has side rolls and whatever, but the camera STAYS aligned with the floor...

... No, I would've implemented it to fit the thing properly.... as in... You would see nothing but a mass of flesh, and HUD would be disabled... Nothing better than complete and total immersion, right?

Why?  With all the parkour, gauss, volt, and other things going on first person is going to make people motion sick for sure.  I suggest you simply adapt to the game being third person forever because that's what the dev's have said in regards to warframe.  Once you're used to third person it's realistically much better then first person in almost any game with a few exceptions like Halo.  

Transitioning between a first person and third person camera is actually a lot more complicated than it sounds. You can't just move the camera into your Warframe's head and call it a day. You need to set up models to cut away the head and parts of the body and adjust the arms to not look awkward in 1st person. It's a lot of work if you want to do it properly. GTA5 serves a good basic example to learn from, they had to put in quite a lot of extra work to implement a 1st person camera and the end result is a really strange 1st person mode that doesn't feel right because the core mechanics wasn't designed for 1st person. Throw in the complication of Warframe's movement and speed and you can expect it to be a lot worse unless significantly more effort is put in.

You could do the lazy solution but if the camera doesn't follow your head with a lot of the animations, you would have really horrible feedback on movement. You can try this with a low zoom sniper rifle. When you flip, glide and slide all over the place, it starts to look really strange because there's no feedback to your movement and animation.

You can have the camera flip, twist and roll to a lot of your movement to try to simulate the feedback, creating a very disorientating, if not, frustrating experience. Personally, it would get really annoying to have the camera roll constantly to try to simulate me sliding and gliding back and forth or bouncing up and down while wall hopping.

Not only have there been players asking for fpv in Warframe, but on accident and through glitches some players actually had it happen to them during missions. 

They reported that being stuck in first-person-view was the exact opposite of anything fun, especially when 'coptering' (prior to the movement-rework, using melee-spin-attacks was a main way of moving fast).

10 hours ago, AreaneR. said:

Why so? WF is a perfect example.

PPL who get motion sickness should visit a doctor..

Warframe is not a perfect example. I wanted games that have similar movement systems to Warframe and a first person view.

A cure for motion sickness is to simply avoid the trigger. People could easily be put off Warframe because of this. Why would DE want this?

• You are proposing an optional feature that has many detrimental effects. What benefits will this provide to justify putting time and effort into its implementation? I cannot see an valid justification for this.
Edited by krc473

16 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Ask yourself, do you really want the dev team to dedicate time and resources to creating a 1st person pov, when that could be better spent somewhere else?

This. They should be putting all their time into more floof designs. We need warframe floofs, conservation animal noggles & articulas, and a freaking Ordis noggle already.