Jump to content
Akai-no-bara

So how many of you lost everything on host migrations?

Recommended Posts

This has to stop. Usually i don't host, coz i'm a huge hardass when it comes to profit run recruiting, but i'm taking for the rule to only ever host things like arbitrations myself. These randoms you meet in recruit have no hosting discipline. You are dead and feel useless? Press "leave", the next dead and depressed wisp, or something, that becomes host will also press "leave" as soon as possible, coz #*!% the people who are still in the process of loading, right? And so on until the last guy will be lost in the limbo of host migrations, loosing everything. I shudder to think wut happens in pubs.

Ofc DE won't disable "leave" for host, so sad tenno will keep loosing hours of rewards to this thing. Word.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got into a game, the second I do 1 step, the most migrates.

I lost 15 seconds. And I will never get them back.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time it happened was when I started playing on the XB1 in 2014. Was in the old Void where we got Prime parts for doing runs. Then we had some good parts in there and we were in there for a hour when the host just disconnected. I remember having some Frost parts and I think a Loki part. I didn't realize they were anything important as I was new but when I heard the others in the party expressing how angry they were...

The one that made me angry was when were I actually enjoyed doing DEF missions and we were doing the one where the cryopod is in the Infested tileset. We were seeing how far we could go when the Stalker rose out of the cryopod (that was pretty cool entrance). He dropped a weapon that the host got excited about getting. We had just gotten to the next round to choose to stay or leave. We all decided after the fight with Stalker left us with few lives to stay and do the next round. At the last moment, the host left to keep his Stalker gear and it put us into Host Migration. Would not have been that bad but this is back when the Frames did not get Invulnerability state as well as the Infested swarmed way more back then. By the time I had loaded back in, my team was down, I was down to a few 100 lp as shields had been hit, and the cryopod was being torn up.

I got to do one Excalibur Blind before the words MISSION FAILED came up across my screen as the cryopod blew up.

  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s just the worst. This happened to me just 2 days ago and it really makes me paranoid at times when I’m in a public group.

Edited by (NSW)1kSakura
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (NSW)1kSakura said:

It’s just the worst. This happened to me just 2 days ago and it really makes me paranoid at times when I’m in a public group.

You can always force host the public game, at least on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preventing a host from leaving won't stop anyone from Alt+F4'ing the Hek out of there. Attempting to force people to remain in a match isn't a solution to anything.

Also if you end up with anything from a match you don't want any risk of losing then just leave as soon as it drops, solo extraction is a thing after all.

  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trst said:

Preventing a host from leaving won't stop anyone from Alt+F4'ing the Hek out of there. Attempting to force people to remain in a match isn't a solution to anything.

Also if you end up with anything from a match you don't want any risk of losing then just leave as soon as it drops, solo extraction is a thing after all.

Like are you for real? In wut region do you play that every single scrub will alt+f4 whenever it feels so. Attempting to force people to do anything has been one of the more practical solutions to the variety of problems throughout the history of human civilization.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Akai-no-bara said:

Like are you for real? In wut region do you play that every single scrub will alt+f4 whenever it feels so. Attempting to force people to do anything has been one of the more practical solutions to the variety of problems throughout the history of human civilization.

Sorry, didn't know you come from someplace where a videogame can literally force you to do something. Sounds awful.

And the point was that disabling the leave option for hosts won't accomplish anything when they can just close out the game resulting in a migration anyways.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, trst said:

Sorry, didn't know you come from someplace where a videogame can literally force you to do something. Sounds awful.

So basically, by your own logic, - a videogame can't force you to do something, yet you object for any attempts at it. Fascinating.

11 minutes ago, trst said:

 

And the point was that disabling the leave option for hosts won't accomplish anything when they can just close out the game resulting in a migration anyways.

"Can" does not equal "will". You are trying to argue that out of trillion people everyone will alt-f4 on the spot, as soon as they are ready to go, rather than having to wait a minute or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only been playing for a few months but this has happened to me several times. Once I lost one of the rare Augur mods from Cetus bounties and I have never gotten it to drop again.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... you lost something from mission rewards but you decided to calling it "losing everything"... Bit overdramatic and hyperbolic..

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crasharr said:

So... you lost something from mission rewards but you decided to calling it "losing everything"... Bit overdramatic and hyperbolic..

I don't know man. I think loosing 100% of what could have been from an hour of disruption arbitration qualifies as 'loosing everything" than and there. Or are you saying it was just one hour? One of many others? And i hav'nt lost everything that i have in general?

Was like 18 vitus essence from rotations, plus pick ups, plus raw endo, plus those new arcanes, sculptures, mods. I can crudely transfer that in platinum. Some people beg on their knees in trade chat for 10 times less.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

This rarely happens to me because I have good internet and have my ping set low. 

I don't  think you understand what host migration limbo is. Lets say there are 4 of you. Identical internet and everything. Coz you are not so different from the next guy. You left. You are now the new host, but other you have to connect to you now, so you load a bit later than you, lets say a second. You quit again, after half a second. At this point you may be able to become the new new host or be just sent to orbiter. Most likely you will be sent to orbiter, as if there was no mission at all.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over 3000 hours of game play...maybe lost 1 hour total to crashes and HM's...so 0.03% of my game time.   Yep...pull out the pitchforks.   

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always host, so I'm holding people's sh@# hostage and it's up to me to decide when they lose it! Mwahahaha!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Akai-no-bara said:

I don't  think you understand what host migration limbo is. Lets say there are 4 of you. Identical internet and everything. Coz you are not so different from the next guy. You left. You are now the new host, but other you have to connect to you now, so you load a bit later than you, lets say a second. You quit again, after half a second. At this point you may be able to become the new new host or be just sent to orbiter. Most likely you will be sent to orbiter, as if there was no mission at all.

I know what you are talking about. Because it has happened to me. However, if you have a good internet connection it does not take long to reestablish a new host and connect to it. This is nothing that DE can do about this. This is how peer to peer hosting works.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Akai-no-bara said:

Like are you for real? In wut region do you play that every single scrub will alt+f4 whenever it feels so. Attempting to force people to do anything has been one of the more practical solutions to the variety of problems throughout the history of human civilization.

This is as wrong as one could possibly be. Forcing people to do S#&$ has historically been the absolute worst way to get people to do what you want them to. 

Lies, deceit, manipulation, guiding, take your pick. That S#&$ is what actually works. Forcing S#&$ on people only ends up with them working against you since u know. NOBODY LIKES SOME RANDOM #*!% TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO!!!!

Even if you get them to do S#&$ if they know their being forced they will not be very inclined to give it their all/be very agreeable so to speak. They'll work against you, one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was farming forma during the Plague Star event, after finished the boss and we were going for bank, the host disconnected, me and the rest of the crews were still in the same squad. I somehow lost some of the standings and got a weird numbers like 1.3k or something on that run but they received the total 3k standings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...