Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan with Copyrighted logo

Pitchers

Question

Today I am here to report a logo, which is registered in the name of SankakuComplex and used in a clan called Arcane Cheeseburger The website of the creator of this logo, along with all its content, which is registered and therefore skips the copyright rule when using plagiarized clan emblems.

8ck8Nsu.png

Edited by Pitchers

25 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, SerpentorPrime said:

it holds more to the perrin sequence than the sankaku logo, given that the latter has a trail on the triangle.

latest?cb=20150810033339

The Perrin icon is upside-down (or 45 degrees depending on how you wanna look at it) and blue. The clan logo is definitely more leaning towards Senkaku Complex because it matches both the triangle's position and color.

Also, OP, do you really think it's a good idea to be linking directly to the website? The images and gifs are blurred, but it's pretty obvious it's adult content which I think is a big no-no. 😛

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Linntheque said:

*Gets riddled up about random breaking rules regarding clan emblem*

*Breaks rules by name shaming on forum*

Logic checks out.

The OP isn't necessarily calling out the player in the screenshot, but rather the clan's logo. I'm sure there's leeway in regards to this.

Considering how often the triangle with a line on one side shows up when image searching triangle logos, I don't know if one could really say that it's an original idea that someone is stealing from a random anime site. 

Also this is a support issue, so head on over to the zendesk and talk to them. 

As an artist I get the issue to some extent. Unfortunately with the way the internet is, any artwork that gets posted to the internet ends up getting used by someone that does not give credit to the original artist. Happens all the time. Its sucks, and its wrong, but its really hard to do much about. Lawyers cost a lot of money, and most artist just don't have the cash to handle the influx of copyright issues. I give the OP credit for trying to so something about it, but sadly in most cases nothing is going to be done aside from calling out the person using the copywritten artwork.

45 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

The OP isn't necessarily calling out the player in the screenshot, but rather the clan's logo. I'm sure there's leeway in regards to this.

shaming? for? clan owner understand my report and accept it ... where is shame?

41 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

You'd be surprised. I witnessed a thread where the OP had told a story about a few other nice players he had a good time with, no sarcasm at all. Was immediately pounced upon because he had the audacity to mention a name at all. Was then locked by a mod (who shall remain nameless) that clearly didn't read anything in the thread before passing judgement.

Send ticket to support.

I haven't read any forum rules whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure copyrighted stuff should be handled directly with Support... Not the forum.

You did nothing wrong, from my perspective, except not sending a ticket to Support and creating this topic. You may have the best of intentions, but you should have sent a ticket to Support.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Send ticket to support.

I haven't read any forum rules whatsoever, but I'm pretty sure copyrighted stuff should be handled directly with Support... Not the forum.

You did nothing wrong, from my perspective, except not sending a ticket to Support and creating this topic. You may have the best of intentions, but you should have sent a ticket to Support.

ticket is sended ...

and..

Post are on Players help Players ...

many people confuse "help" with "criticize."  hence come the negative comments

I dont see the emblems :' ( However, I am glad my clan was not named.  I usually pay one of the members to do it if they offer(w/ plat) and I never bothered check to see if its copyrighted.  If someone did copy another clan emblem, I would have no problem either removing if they wished, or coming up with some type of compromise, so everyone's happy.  Getting DE involved probably would not amount to much, they just do not have the spare manpower to handle petty issues such as this.  Better if you approach the issue in a tactful manner, so as not to upset anyone and try to resolve the issue between yourselves. :' ) 

4 minutes ago, -OE-Shadowlord said:

I dont see the emblems :' ( However, I am glad my clan was not named.  I usually pay one of the members to do it if they offer(w/ plat) and I never bothered check to see if its copyrighted.  If someone did copy another clan emblem, I would have no problem either removing if they wished, or coming up with some type of compromise, so everyone's happy.  Getting DE involved probably would not amount to much, they just do not have the spare manpower to handle petty issues such as this.  Better if you approach the issue in a tactful manner, so as not to upset anyone and try to resolve the issue between yourselves. :' ) 

: / What does DE have to do with this?  The problem belongs to the owner of the clan.

Matters like this are best left to support as no one here on the forum has the ability to review the issue.

I see that you already submited a ticket with support, but for the sake of others, here is where a ticket can be created for similar matters:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Locking thread as there's nothing more that can be done.

• Like 1