Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Maxed Arcane Tanker On Rhino Only Gets Him 30.9k Iron Skin It Seems

VotumPrime

5 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Why use this over ironclad charge augment with a max strength rhino, which can net you over 20K more iron skin armor.  

A lot of Rhino mains believe Ironclad Charge to be too much of a pain and an inconvenience to set up without a Vauban or a Nidus on their team so a lot of them opted for this which gives them 1/3rd of what they would normally get with Ironclad Charge a lot faster.

If Ironclad is a pain to use, using stuff like Magus Anomaly will set you up for some crazy armor gains as long as your team isn't shredding the group you've found. 

Stacking it with Guardian (600 armor) already bumps up the earned Iron Skin considerably since it adds to the base armor (can easily get over 100k with a good amount of enemies and a Guardian proc on my build). Now double that with a safer option (summon versus taking damage), and you've got a beefy Juggernaut just waiting to get in there and slay. I have yet to get Tanker myself, but just looking at the stats puts me in the mood for farming up to Rank 3.

24 minutes ago, Pie_mastyr said:

well, if you don't mind them, the telos boltace slide attack will gather enemies for you very reliably. They also aren't half bad as a weapon  😛

Last I checked. That thing wasn't very effective in pulling enemies close. For a meta build it would just one shot enemies on the second slide by accident.

For meta Rhinos, they need to be in Iron Skin as soon as possible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

A lot of Rhino mains believe Ironclad Charge to be too much of a pain and an inconvenience to set up without a Vauban or a Nidus on their team so a lot of them opted for this which gives them 1/3rd of what they would normally get with Ironclad Charge a lot faster.

It's a horde shooter.  When I do the ironclad charge thing I use primed animal instinct, look at the mini map, and see where the red clump is.  I activate the 1 when I can see the clump and it's in range.  I iron skin.  I get tons of armor.  I don't die unless a nullifier bubble is involved or we're doing a long endurance run where it runs out.  

41 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

A lot of Rhino mains believe Ironclad Charge to be too much of a pain and an inconvenience to set up

so instead you'd rather have to stand still for like 6 seconds as better? :P

especially if you're the Client in a Session, being able to deploy or store your Archgun is Host dependent so you can have to stand around waiting for a while for the Host to say you're allowed to press the button. even in totally not laggy Sessions, mind you.

Edited by taiiat

Just now, taiiat said:

so instead you'd rather have to stand still for like 6 seconds as better? 😛

especially if you're the Client in a Session, being able to deploy or store your Archgun is Host dependent so you can have to stand around waiting for a while for the Host to say you're allowed to press the button.

Actually, if you click fast enough, you can get Iron Skin on before you pull out the Archgun.

15 minutes ago, JoeMania said:

If Ironclad is a pain to use, using stuff like Magus Anomaly will set you up for some crazy armor gains as long as your team isn't shredding the group you've found. 

Stacking it with Guardian (600 armor) already bumps up the earned Iron Skin considerably since it adds to the base armor (can easily get over 100k with a good amount of enemies and a Guardian proc on my build). Now double that with a safer option (summon versus taking damage), and you've got a beefy Juggernaut just waiting to get in there and slay. I have yet to get Tanker myself, but just looking at the stats puts me in the mood for farming up to Rank 3.

Maybe they should consider using Magus Anomaly then, but then you would have to get rid of Magus Lockdown or Magus Repair.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

It's a horde shooter.  When I do the ironclad charge thing I use primed animal instinct, look at the mini map, and see where the red clump is.  I activate the 1 when I can see the clump and it's in range.  I iron skin.  I get tons of armor.  I don't die unless a nullifier bubble is involved or we're doing a long endurance run where it runs out.  

Yeah but the fact that it's so easy to lose against the nullifiers is why many would rather opt out for Arcane Tanker rather than Iron Clad charge which takes up a mod slot. 

If you were to do a rework on Rhino, what would be most ideal for a Rhino main like you, which would bring Rhino to Inaros levels of survivability?

27 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

A lot? What a lot is that? This is a gimmick set up and it doesn't trump aegis/guardian as a clutch device, it's useful and prolly makes any Starchart mission literal cake, but it's iffy on clutch saves because of the time involved and on long farm missions the enemy is going to be the one pumping up IS. Iron augments exist for clutch and twin tanker will be very unlikely to change that.

1 minute ago, -Kittens- said:

A lot? What a lot is that? This is a gimmick set up and it doesn't trump aegis/guardian as a clutch device, it's useful and prolly makes any Starchart mission literal cake, but it's iffy on clutch saves because of the time involved and on long farm missions the enemy is going to be the one pumping up IS. Iron augments exist for clutch and twin tanker will be very unlikely to change that.

Arcane Guardian only provides 600 each for a maximum of 1200 for two, while Arcane Tanker gives 1200 armor each and 2400 for two. You're going to get way more iron skin health with Arcane Tanker than Arcane Guardian. Not sure how Aegis is relevant for Rhino.

It's cool you think I'm somehow unaware of the words you posted, but my point still stands, and again as a gimmicks it's "neato" at best as a gimmick, as a clutch save or an armor aggregator there are far far better options and methods, most especially in post endgame content, never mind the enemies that don't care about or are specfically made to render DR/armor useless for short periods of time.

The converse is also true. This is worthless on Starchart level missions because it's absolute overkill for anything below neptune if you have any kind of decent gear at all. By the time you farm this, there's no point using it because you have far more diverse utility options to pick around with.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

It's cool you think I'm somehow unaware of the words you posted, but my point still stands, and again as a gimmicks it's "neato" at best as a gimmick, as a clutch save or an armor aggregator there are far far better options and methods, most especially in post endgame content, never mind the enemies that don't care about or are specfically made to render DR/armor useless for short periods of time.

Speaking of DR. Has anyone tested out a full party with Aerodynamic and Aviator yet to see if it really does give 100%+ Damage Reduction?

17 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Actually, if you click fast enough, you can get Iron Skin on before you pull out the Archgun.

( doesn't change how long the Animations for the Archgun are :p )

2 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Has anyone tested out a full party with Aerodynamic and Aviator yet to see if it really does give 100%+ Damage Reduction?

i'm sure it does, but it's not Multiplicative protection, it's Additive. which means you'll take 0 Damage from some sources but others you may still take a few percent. Et Cetera.

Edited by taiiat

13 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Maybe they should consider using Magus Anomaly then, but then you would have to get rid of Magus Lockdown or Magus Repair.

Yeah but the fact that it's so easy to lose against the nullifiers is why many would rather opt out for Arcane Tanker rather than Iron Clad charge which takes up a mod slot. 

If you were to do a rework on Rhino, what would be most ideal for a Rhino main like you, which would bring Rhino to Inaros levels of survivability?

Yeah and arcane tanker takes up arcane slots.  That I like to use for energize, guardian, or various other utility arcanes but mainly energize so I can roar whenever, I can iron skin recast whenever, I can stomp whenever, really far better then this new arcane that gets you less EHP then ironclad charge does at the cost of a mod slot you don't really need.  I wouldn't rework rhino because his kit is fantastic especially when you compare it to numerous frames that need reworks like ember.  I don't need inaros levels of survivability when I can kill things with rhino far faster then inaros who has just survivability and not a multiplicative damage multiplier that helps my team as well as myself do massive amounts of damage versus relying on just weapon mods.  People are obsessed with inaros for survivability, but that's all inaros does.  Nothing to help the team other then 'you don't have to pick me up because I won't go down.'  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

( doesn't change how long the Animations for the Archgun are 😛 )

i'm sure it does, but it's not Multiplicative protection, it's Additive. which means you'll take 0 Damage from some sources but others you may still take a few percent. Et Cetera.

That's great considering frames like Titania and Hildryn are already hard to kill. I can see full squads of them in Arbitration Survival.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...Is 30.9k what we're calling "only" at this point?

Yeah cause some people can get 2-5mil iron skin.

1 minute ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Yeah and arcane tanker takes up arcane slots.  That I like to use for energize, guardian, or various other utility arcanes but mainly energize so I can roar whenever, I can iron skin recast whenever, I can stomp whenever, really far better then this new arcane that gets you less EHP then ironclad charge does at the cost of a mod slot you don't really need.  I wouldn't rework rhino because his kit is fantastic especially when you compare it to numerous frames that need reworks like ember.  I don't need inaros levels of survivability when I can kill things with rhino far faster then inaros who has just survivability and not a multiplicative damage multiplier that helps my team as well as myself do massive amounts of damage versus relying on just weapon mods.  People are obsessed with inaros for survivability, but that's all inaros does.  Nothing to help the team other then 'you don't have to pick me up because I won't go down.'  

Well yeah. What other arcanes are you gonna use for Rhino? This is also true since a few particular Rhino mains I know just one shot level 300s like nothing in Arbitration with their zaws.

Just now, VotumPrime said:

...But why?

Why would anyone need that much Iron Skin, or that much durability at all?

Why does this game need to spiral off to that level of insanity where the gap is between 30.9k and LITERALLY 2 MILLION!?

No wonder the "Warframe is too easy" meme is a thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...But why?

Why would anyone need that much Iron Skin, or that much durability at all?

Why does this game need to spiral off to that level of insanity where the gap is between 30.9k and LITERALLY 2 MILLION!?

No wonder the "Warframe is too easy" meme is a thing.

Because Zarozian, I mean, the OP, needs as high of a number they can get on the buff because it's some sort of weird measuring contest for other people who player rhino. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

because 99.999% of Players will never even see numbers like that, and 99.9% will not bother because it requires very specific circumstances and is not practical in normal Gameplay.

6 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

That's great considering frames like Titania and Hildryn are already hard to kill. I can see full squads of them in Arbitration Survival.

Well yeah. What other arcanes are you gonna use for Rhino? This is also true since a few particular Rhino mains I know just one shot level 300s like nothing in Arbitration with their zaws.

Here's the problem.  People *@##$ing about ironclad charge being annoying to set up are ignoring one thing.  It's annoying as all hell to have to whip out your archgun in order to iron skin every time you cast it versus just using magus lockdown on a group of enemies to clump them together, using your first ability, then using iron skin or just skipping the magus lockdown part.  Both require setup but taking out your archgun leaves you far more vulnerable since the animation leaves you helpless to do anything for a few seconds while enemies are free to gun you down since assuming your rhino is built correctly you will have little health and shields to tank the damage since all of rhino's survivability is in his iron skin.  

1 hour ago, VotumPrime said:

As a Rhino main, I prefer to use Ironclad Charge + Health Conversion than any other "on damaged" arcanes, Warframe buffs, or archwing setups.

Its not hard to hit a lot of enemies.

Edited by -OP-NerevarCM

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

because 99.999% of Players will never even see numbers like that, and 99.9% will not bother because it requires very specific circumstances and is not practical in normal Gameplay.

Which is why they should get rid of that level of scaling to begin with. Any players lost due to such a change would be insignificant, anyways.

• Like 1