(XB1)HoneyxBadger113

Melee Update 1.0 Sucks and Should Be Trashed

12 hours ago, Xaero said:

Melee 1.0 didn't allow to equip melee separately and only had light and heavy attacks, no combos. Also, melee weapons were weak.

Perhaps, but this meant to talk about the idea that the update was bad for the experience of the player.

14 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Really? That only happened to me only when using operator mode, right after the mode was released. When I switched to this mode the frame dropped whatever it had, but that was fixed long ago. Aim gliding will not force a drop of a canister or a datamass. I am playing on PC and if you are on a console and this is happening I recommend a bug report.

On PC. Only happens if you don't have a secondary equipped.

12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I think you mean 2.9, it's kinda the in between stage for the rework 3.0

But I do agree with all the main arguments you are making. 

But you do seem to have a very specific thing for shields though, its cool everyone has something they really love. 

Captain America is a role model for me, so I have a soft spot for them.

12 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

And why exactly is this in general discussion?

Because I don't know the layout of the forums well enough to find the best place for this. Because I could reach the most people here. Because this can become a discussion if someone proposes counter-arguments to the points I make. Take your pick.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb FatalPapercut:

On PC. Only happens if you don't have a secondary equipped.

I never had a reason not to equip a secondary. But in any case these people should bug report it instead of blaming the melee system.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Melee_1.0

the previous melee before instant melee switch was not melee 1.0 unless you want to go back to 2014(5 years ago).

Edit: this is the melee you meant 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Melee  melee 2.0

we on 2.977777 or w/e melee update steve said as a joke since 3.0 would be the finish product while so far all we got is instant melee switching and them removing melee going thru walls iirc.

we still missing the revamp stats on melee weapons which would include a base range increase to all melee since they nerfing range on mods iirc, the revamp melee combos that make them useful and the super melee mode that would be a ultimate tank/melee damage form.

All of this is not set in stone since its not out yet.

Whatever meleé system that was used before the big "Meleé 1.0 Update" that needed its own section in the updates section on the loading screen when you boot up the game. That's the system I like.

2 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I never had a reason not to equip a secondary. But in any case these people should bug report it instead of blaming the melee system.

Was cracking relics and ranking up the orthos, brought my kohm for fun in case it got the infinite ammo buff. No secondary for better affinity sharing.

I don't think it's a bug. ADS will switch you back to gun mode, regardless of if you're on the ground or in the air, and if you're only gun is your primary it'll switch to that. And you can't hold the databob while using your primary.

11 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

This must be one of the most never happenediest things of all things that never happened ever.

And I don't know if I'm willing to entertain the following wall of text with reading after that.

--- upd ---

Ok, i've read it.

They narrowed the blocking angle. You need to actively look towards the enemy you want to block in order for it to work.

Melee with the scanner works the same way it does with guns - it automatically switches to a melee weapon when you attack.

It's on secondary attack button now.

When in doubt, the answer is 'Yes'

Jokes aside, The only throwable shield is Sigma & Octantis, none of the other ones can be thrown.

That's why I liked manually blocking. It allowed me decrease the amount of incoming fire in a nearly 180° radius. I still got heavily damaged, but I was able to adapt.

Why completely switch out the scanner though? That's a DISADVANTAGE, especially when you need to scan objects and are under fire. I want to protect myself, but precious seconds are wasted by immediately killing enemies, and then MANUALLY SWITCHING BACK to the scanner. I'm trying to be efficient, and what I described isn't it.

Alright, but for players like me, or new players even, we aren't told the new layout for buttons. We don't think "Oh. I should check the settings." We're not stupid, but we need a little help now and then. Changing something and letting people know it's changed, but don't show how is paranoid-inducing and frustrating. Plus, if by "secondary attack" you mean "abilities," that makes no sense.

Actually, you can throw a shield because of a MOD. Not a specific shield. I know this because I use the Silvia and Ageis, and that one could ALWAYS be thrown.

Edited by (XB1)HoneyxBadger113
  • Woah 1

11 hours ago, Syasob said:

Not sure if you just trolling or XB controls are that bad, but here on PC nothing from your list exists. Except maybe #6. Never have liked weapon swap animations and happy to get rid of them.

If you hate them, that's fine. I use "players" to describe people like me. That's why I put the propositions at the end. That way, whatever side you're on, you can be happy. Or, as happy as you can make yourself.

Edited by (XB1)HoneyxBadger113

10 hours ago, Xaero said:

You don't know what you're talking about. Chanelling system, as you've described it, never existed. And the real channeling system wasn't removed, check controls.

First off, what's with everyone saying "You don't know what you're talking about." The problem is you don't understand what I'm describing. Second, DE never bothered to explain what controls were changed, so I had no idea how to attack. I had to re-learn it. If they said "Hey. Check the control set up," I would have, and had been a little more competent.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

Actually, you can throw a shield because of a MOD. Not a specific shield. I know this because I use the Silvia and Ageis, and that one could ALWAYS be thrown.

Can you tell us what mod this is, please? :satisfied:

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

Also auto block happens only when you are not attacking or you are about to be knocked down it actually blocks it so you do not get knock down that is the biggest reason auto blocks happen mid combo now. So if you think about it you are actually benefiting from the block otherwise you be on the floor where your combo would have stop anyway.

You apparently didn't pay attention to what I said. I explained that it wouldn't activate right away when I just stood there unmoving. I had to lose a lot of health first. Second, the auto-block is subtractual thanks to it preventing me from falling over. There is a mod that requires you to fall to do damage to enemies. Thanks to auto-block, that mod is useless.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

First off, what's with everyone saying "You don't know what you're talking about." The problem is you don't understand what I'm describing. Second, DE never bothered to explain what controls were changed, so I had no idea how to attack. I had to re-learn it. If they said "Hey. Check the control set up," I would have, and had been a little more competent.

Problem is that they indeed said that. Mentioned it along patch notes for almost a full month. Also speaked about that on devstream and twitter. I mean, you had a lot of time to learn that the controls changed.
Also, even if im neutral to channeling, the description you made about channeling was plan wrong. Channeling only boosted your damage like an added combo counter without the combo counter's actual interactions with mods like blood rush. It wasnt even a big damage upgrade to begin with once you where at combo counter 3 or higher.
Oh, also reduced damage received by 100% while blocking and reflected a part of it to enemies (not like they cared about that, but still valid to point it) while draining A LOT of energy because bullet ammounts.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

It's a shame you're wrong about that though.

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

It's a shame you're wrong about that though.

Theres a combo on the shield guards that throw the shield, its not a propper throw, but visually a throw still, like the one on the tonfa's guard, a nice multi hit attack with a bit of added range and a nice animation.

1 minute ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

Any can be thrown. You have to have the right mod.

What mod? Is it a stance?

4 hours ago, Prexades said:

I love the new melee system. There are still a few issues to iron out with some stances and combos. Also the Channeling should be changed into a timed buff in exchange for energy and have a visual indicator in the UI. But otherwise it is great.,

If you like it, that's fine. I'm gearing this more for discussion and to give the people who hate it a voice.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

The full melee changes haven't been released yet... What you have seen so far amounts to only, at most, half of what they intended.

Granted, I don't see things improving when the rest gets released though as it's akin to multiplying by zero imo.

Ostensibly, it's Sharkwing all over again.

Throwing is still part of the combo strings for both sword/shield mods tmk. Full strings may be harder to pull off now though with autoblock but I think the Final Harbinger one still works ok last I looked.

What makes this most sad is that all of this came from a (long-held) complaint that melee drawing and weapon switching can be clunky due to holster speeds and they were convinced to try to make combat reminiscent of DMC to liven things up instead.

They could have just tied Holster speed (and a number of things just like it) as an elective Mastery perk instead and resolved the bulk of 3 entirely separate issues at the same time.

Mod glut

Mastery ranks being mostly without value

Qol abilities people want to have/try but don't want to break whole builds to add

DE already knows as there have been pages attesting to the same (relevant) issues posted by a great many players already.

I appreciate those things you said. Thank you for keeping an open mind and level head.

3 hours ago, FatalPapercut said:

Only thing that really gets to me is that there's no lock for pure melee mode... Lost count of the times I've dropped the databob on mobile defense because aim gliding automatically switches to your primary, then had to backtrack when I reached the console and realized I was empty handed.

Oof. I feel that. And that's one of the things that changed thanks to the update.

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Can you tell us what mod this is, please? :satisfied:

I don't remember it's name off the top of my head, but it was for basic, light Sword and Shield attacks. When I get back on tonight, I'll screen shot it, and send it to you, as well as a screenshot of my Warframe channeling energy.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

I don't remember it's name off the top of my head, but it was for basic, light Sword and Shield attacks. When I get back on tonight, I'll screen shot it, and send it to you, as well as a screenshot of my Warframe channeling energy.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eleventh_Storm

Block combo from this guard.

16 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Problem is that they indeed said that. Mentioned it along patch notes for almost a full month. Also speaked about that on devstream and twitter. I mean, you had a lot of time to learn that the controls changed.
Also, even if im neutral to channeling, the description you made about channeling was plan wrong. Channeling only boosted your damage like an added combo counter without the combo counter's actual interactions with mods like blood rush. It wasnt even a big damage upgrade to begin with once you where at combo counter 3 or higher.
Oh, also reduced damage received by 100% while blocking and reflected a part of it to enemies (not like they cared about that, but still valid to point it) while draining A LOT of energy because bullet ammounts.

I don't have Twich, so I don't watch the streams. As for Twitter, the Devs don't say anything useful. As for having time, you're wrong specifically in my case. I was working at a camp over summer, and couldn't play due to no internet. I come back home only to see my game needs an update. 1 week later, I see that every thing changed. I only had 1 MONTH to get used to it.