(XB1)HoneyxBadger113

Melee Update 1.0 Sucks and Should Be Trashed

3 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

I don't have Twich, so I don't watch the streams. As for Twitter, the Devs don't say anything useful. As for having time, you're wrong specifically in my case. I was working at a camp over summer, and couldn't play due to no internet. I come back home only to see my game needs an update. 1 week later, I see that every thing changed. I only had 1 MONTH to get used to it.

And in 1 month you never requested any assistance, nor in game or in the forums? I mean, if you came to the forums complaining about something that never happened because you never requested any assistance before making the thread, expect some heavy backlash, its just natural.
Adressed that channeling was indeed keept in game, theres nothing more to speak beteween us since im neutral to the rest of your post. Have a nice discussion!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

Yes. That's the mod.

That's not a proper throw, and given two S&S weapons have actual throws it confuses matters.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

Whatever meleé system that was used before the big "Meleé 1.0 Update" that needed its own section in the updates section on the loading screen when you boot up the game. That's the system I like.

Gotcha...That one's gone Tenno.

And if Wall Running is any indicator, It may be years before DE warms back up to the idea of manual blocking.

...Unless you can get the likes of Jim Sterling to complain about it on Youtube.:clem:

2 hours ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

Perhaps, but this meant to talk about the idea that the update was bad for the experience of the player.

Leads to unnecessary confusion. You can edit the title.

First off, what's with everyone saying "You don't know what you're talking about." The problem is you don't understand what I'm describing.

There can be no double meaning to what you've stated:

14 hours ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

What would happen was, when activated, it would give a boost to your Frame's speed, strength, and agility.

Wrong. Channeling by itself only boosts melee damage and blocking capabilities. Any additional effects come from mods.

Your energy would drain over time, and this feature could be activated at any time so long as you had energy.

Wrong. Energy is drained per hit. Which actually makes channeling not worth using most of the time.

Channeling/Focus

These are two separate systems and Focus have absolutely nothing to do with what you've described.

Second, DE never bothered to explain what controls were changed, so I had no idea how to attack. I had to re-learn it. If they said "Hey. Check the control set up," I would have, and had been a little more competent.

Ignorance doesn't make your point valid. And now you know Channeling is still here, but you haven't edited your post for some reason.

And control changes were actually stated in XB1 24.5.0 patch notes. Check below.

Channeling: 

• Channeling will be a toggle set to your alt-fire button when in melee mode.
  • Melee Channeling will no longer be able to be rebound due to it completely breaking the Melee changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a different binding.

• Upvote 1

Edited by Xaero
accidently double-posted

1 hour ago, KittySkin said:

And in 1 month you never requested any assistance, nor in game or in the forums? I mean, if you came to the forums complaining about something that never happened because you never requested any assistance before making the thread, expect some heavy backlash, its just natural.
Adressed that channeling was indeed keept in game, theres nothing more to speak beteween us since im neutral to the rest of your post. Have a nice discussion!

I HAVE asked, multiple times in fact; not in the forums, as I hadn't had time to go there until recently. I have asked in game from multiple people, but no one would help.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

That's not a proper throw, and given two S&S weapons have actual throws it confuses matters.

The shield leaves my Frames arm and hits an enemy as a ranged attack. How else should I call it?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Gotcha...That one's gone Tenno.

And if Wall Running is any indicator, It may be years before DE warms back up to the idea of manual blocking.

...Unless you can get the likes of Jim Sterling to complain about it on Youtube.:clem:

I guess I better give him a call then. Thank you for letting me know.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Leads to unnecessary confusion. You can edit the title.

There can be no double meaning to what you've stated:

Wrong. Channeling by itself only boosts melee damage and blocking capabilities. Any additional effects come from mods.

Wrong. Energy is drained per hit. Which actually makes channeling not worth using most of the time.

These are two separate systems and Focus have absolutely nothing to do with what you've described.

Ignorance doesn't make your point valid. And now you know Channeling is still here, but you haven't edited your post for some reason.

And control changes were actually stated in XB1 24.5.0 patch notes. Check below.

Channeling: 

• Channeling will be a toggle set to your alt-fire button when in melee mode.
  • Melee Channeling will no longer be able to be rebound due to it completely breaking the Melee changes. We apologize for the discomfort this may cause for those who have built their controllers comfortably around a different binding.

The Title was the best way I could grab attention, and it's not as if it's clickbait.

There ISN'T any double meaning:

I discovered channeling before I learned about mods and how they could upgrade a Warframe. My channeling boosted my Frame like a power-up, like Full Cowling does for Deku in MHA. Maybe I'm wrong and channeling only affected meleé, so I was projecting. But that only confirms that getting rid of it or moving it changed my experience, and in a bad way.

If you're in game, the channeling would drain one point every couple seconds. I spent a lot of time looking at it so I could better time my attacks. Even if it went down while you were hot, it's no more significant than mods not working because you're getting hit. 

I only say "Focus" because before I got and Operator, I read it both ways, heard it both ways, etc. That's the games fault, not mine. I know that Focus is used specifically to help your Operator, I get that.

You are saying I am implying something that I wasn't. I know that ignorance does not validate anything. If it did, our justice system would be on its head.

The way that those notes are stated seems contradictory. "You have it, but f*co you, you don't"? And they say "Alt Fire button" but they make no mention of what that is. Is it left trigger? No. That makes you aim your firearm. Is it right bumpber? No. That's to activate abilities. Not clearly stating things is frustrating to pelike me, who can barely figuout the game so that they can keep up, and new players.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

The shield leaves my Frames arm and hits an enemy as a ranged attack. How else should I call it?

It's a melee attack with slightly longer range, just like the glaive attacks on a stance (Astral?) are just melee attacks, despite them leaving your hand.

Throwing the S&S weapons is a unique attack requiring a specific input that is not part of any combo, limited to 2 S&S weapons, hence the confusion.

If you're having trouble with the stance's combos, that'll be the way to word it.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

7 hours ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

If you're in game, the channeling would drain one point every couple seconds. I spent a lot of time looking at it so I could better time my attacks. 

Channeling only drains energy when you hit an enemy or block incoming damage. It never drained your energy constantly. I guess you're just using one of the channeled abilities which drain energy over time and can be turned on/off (Exalted Blade, for example). Anyways, channeling is still here, you can always check by yourself, just equip your melee and don't use any abilities.

7 hours ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

The way that those notes are stated seems contradictory. "You have it, but f*co you, you don't"? And they say "Alt Fire button" but they make no mention of what that is. Is it left trigger? No. That makes you aim your firearm. Is it right bumpber? No. That's to activate abilities. Not clearly stating things is frustrating to pelike me, who can barely figuout the game so that they can keep up, and new players.

Isn't Alt Fire button listed in controls for gamepads?

• Upvote 1

Your alt fire key will be whatever you use to change zoom levels for your snipers.

Personally i like how it works now. I hated having to hold my melee button fot a few seconds to pull out the sword to do the actual comboes.

It was clubky and inefficient. I basically only used the quick comboes as needed.

Now i can fluently swap between all my weapons.  Perhaps going into the control menues and going back to the old system would be a good option.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

9 hours ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

You should call it Part of a combo for a particular stance. 

There are a few other stances that have something similar, one of the dual swords I think. 

Hi I'm new. I like melee, but I see so many people say how bad it is....what's going on?

Very sparingly my combo is interrupted by some wierd animation, but it's not game breaking.

I can easily switch between my primary, secondary and melee with ease.

Just not sure what the problem is.

Edit: ok a couple stances are ridiculous with the lunging forward attacks. I was using some sword stance and after 2 or 4 swings I would shoot forward away from the crowd. That was legitimately annoying.

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu
More info

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

Channeling only drains energy when you hit an enemy or block incoming damage. It never drained your energy constantly. I guess you're just using one of the channeled abilities which drain energy over time and can be turned on/off (Exalted Blade, for example). Anyways, channeling is still here, you can always check by yourself, just equip your melee and don't use any abilities.

Isn't Alt Fire button listed in controls for gamepads?

As long as you default your controls first, sadly if you were using custom controls before, it was either forcibly changed to whatever your channel was if that didn't conflict with the new system - it couldn't be your triggers at first or it would just remove both for instance - or it would be one of the unused options floating around. You needed to change them to default before reassigning them if you had custom controls first or have custom controls that both already used channel and alt fire as one button assignment before hand. Some of the old config file side controls though retained function oddly enough, at least for a while (if you had the old controls of aiming being alt-fire, outside the game; as long as you didn't modify them in game they would retain function). Currently, yeah if you use a controller and are just now setting them up, or have modified existing you must have the alt fire and channel share the same button. If you haven't reset the config, it might very well not be on the controls anymore until you reset and then get it as close as you can to the old way.

One take away from the melee 3.0  changes is that controller users essentially lost a button with this system, as before you could switch your weapon active with a button press already used - hold your weapon swap key instead of tapping it, whereas now, you need the buttons active for both modes simultaneously. Life strike in this system is intensely clunky as is blocking related tasks if you want to do more than passively block enemies at limited angles. Either way, while it could be and likely should have been handled with listening to player input, it is what it is. And can still work, as long as you are willing to try to make due with less buttons at your disposal and losing some freedoms of action that the old allowed.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Hi I'm new. I like melee, but I see so many people say how bad it is....what's going on?

Very sparingly my combo is interrupted by some wierd animation, but it's not game breaking.

I can easily switch between my primary, secondary and melee with ease.

Just not sure what the problem is.

Edit: ok a couple stances are ridiculous with the lunging forward attacks. I was using some sword stance and after 2 or 4 swings I would shoot forward away from the crowd. That was legitimately annoying.

You are new, so you may not have used melee 2.0 

So you don't know about quick attacks, melee glide, manual block and drawing animations among other things. 

You literally don't know what you missed. 

It's not all bad (directional slam is nice) , but it's pretty mediocre compared to before for those that played melee more than guns. 

Imagine moving from a good job to a dull one, 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

A lot of what made old melee good for those who played it has been lost.

Blocking has been nerfed, drastically.

Block gliding is uncontrollable.

Quick melee is gone (not that I consider it proper melee tbh).

Sheathing animations (which I really like) are gone or obsolete due to instant switching.

Stagger/knockdown immunity whilst attacking is gone.

Aerial melee adding velocity is gone (at least with Primal Fury, which is supposedly the first thing to use melee 3.0).

I'm definitely missing a few others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the new melee system. Makes the game faster and more responsive.

Chanelling is still pretty much forgotten though.

On 2019-09-25 at 3:14 AM, DeMonkey said:

A lot of what made old melee good for those who played it has been lost.

Blocking has been nerfed, drastically.

Block gliding is uncontrollable.

Quick melee is gone (not that I consider it proper melee tbh).

Sheathing animations (which I really like) are gone or obsolete due to instant switching.

Stagger/knockdown immunity whilst attacking is gone.

Aerial melee adding velocity is gone (at least with Primal Fury, which is supposedly the first thing to use melee 3.0).

I'm definitely missing a few others.

Switched Channeling from a held button function to a toggle, which has made it nigh unusable for me on a controller. While being able to quickly go from shooting to a melee combo to shooting is good, I feel like the melee update made me lose more than I gained.

I don't know if it's a bug or not but if i am throwing a glide and an enemy hit me in the while, the glide explodes killing me...

dont worry melee 3.0  is just nerf to  all meta the spin to win and upgrade to the looks and effect nothing else  this  melee 3.0 rework is nothing more than a way to nerf  melee so u cant one shot enemy with some improvement like energy effect and some quality of life changes some

• Haha 2