Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Update 1.0 Sucks and Should Be Trashed

(XBOX)HoneyxBadger113

2 hours ago, Reakacemrz said:

dont worry melee 3.0  is just nerf to  all meta the spin to win and upgrade to the looks and effect nothing else  this  melee 3.0 rework is nothing more than a way to nerf  melee so u cant one shot enemy with some improvement like energy effect and some quality of life changes some

I'm not sure we're using the same version of melee here 😁

3 hours ago, Reakacemrz said:

dont worry melee 3.0  is just nerf to  all meta the spin to win and upgrade to the looks and effect nothing else  this  melee 3.0 rework is nothing more than a way to nerf  melee so u cant one shot enemy with some improvement like energy effect and some quality of life changes some

Nope, spin attacks are just as potent as ever. In fact, they're better than ever - because they are now one of the very few forms of melee that doesn't rip the controls out of your hands when you use them.

16 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Nope, spin attacks are just as potent as ever. In fact, they're better than ever - because they are now one of the very few forms of melee that doesn't rip the controls out of your hands when you use them.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I'm not sure we're using the same version of melee here 😁

ofcourse it is not the same  it was  a joke u were suppose to laugh not give a serious answer i too get it the melee system has improved much than before the finishers the slam attack   and some combos has become simple and hs some problem as this threadpost says

On 2019-09-24 at 9:53 PM, Xaero said:

Channeling only drains energy when you hit an enemy or block incoming damage. It never drained your energy constantly. I guess you're just using one of the channeled abilities which drain energy over time and can be turned on/off (Exalted Blade, for example). Anyways, channeling is still here, you can always check by yourself, just equip your melee and don't use any abilities.

Isn't Alt Fire button listed in controls for gamepads?

I've figured it out for channeling. And Exalted blade is an ability, not s channel.

I'm going to explain my thoughts about Secondary Fire in a future post, but in short, it does nothing. It's just for channeling, so I don't understand why it's also called secondary fire.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)HoneyxBadger113 said:

I've figured it out for channeling. And Exalted blade is an ability, not s channel.

I'm going to explain my thoughts about Secondary Fire in a future post, but in short, it does nothing. It's just for channeling, so I don't understand why it's also called secondary fire.

It's called secondary fire because some guns have secondary fire modes/functions, like the Quanta, the Tiberon, the Stradavar, Penta, Castanas, etc.

• Like 1

Of all the melee changes that we've gone through, the ones I really miss are manual blocking, channeling on demand (via controller), and quick melee. In this previous state, I could build syndicate charge on the gun while melee-ing, block when I wanted, and actually hit the channel button. The current melee build does not allow for this to occur in parallel, especially blocking and channeling. On the plus side, I love our new, directional, slam dancing!

Just now, AandOE said:

Of all the melee changes that we've gone through, the ones I really miss are manual blocking, channeling on demand (via controller), and quick melee. In this previous state, I could build syndicate charge on the gun while melee-ing, block when I wanted, and actually hit the channel button. The current melee build does not allow for this to occur in parallel, especially blocking and channeling. On the plus side, I love our new, directional, slam dancing!

The removal of manual blocking hurt SnS weapons quite a bit, especially Ack & Brunt. Vaykor Sydon's functionality took a bit of a hit as well.

On 2019-09-29 at 9:05 AM, DoomFruit said:

Yup. Spin and jump attacks are my most used attacks.