Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who are the most balanced Warframes in the game?

-Vahagn-

Who do you feel are the most balanced Warframes in the game?

By balanced I mean not ridiculously powerful and cannot do things such as killing everyone on the map with one button press. As well as not being very under powered and basically useless.

For me, I personally think the most balanced Warframe is Nidus. Since he has to work for his damage, and his advantages also come with disadvantages, and despite this he is still a great Warframe. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by WH1735S0W

I say mag. She's got damage (both single target and Aoe), crowd control (directed and Aoe), armor/shield stripping, shield restoring (both flat and scaling off of enemies hit), her abilities scale with enemies (for the most part). 

But she's balanced by the fact that she doesn't work as well on infested, isn't super tanky or have any healing powers, and she isn't any stealthier than any other frame. 

Plus, she's easy to get but hard to master. 

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 10

Nezha and trinity

Nezha needs to work on his powers to boost damage and get health/energy

Trinity needs you to keep your eyes on her energy and ability timer to stay unkillable

Otherwise, there's no warframe that can kill everyone on the map with one button push unless it's level 30 and below

• Like 1

Hydroid, Banshee, Harrow, maybe even pre-rework Nyx, but the latter was reaching borderline op levels in Survivals, also with survivability through rng dependent disarms with Psychic Bolts spam, rng is hard to balance around, still more balanced than the majority of frames currently.

Oberon is also about balanced for Sortie levels.

• Like 6

Mag - she has a well rounded kit with enough options for defense, offense as well as utility. Her survivabiltiy or performance in general depends on player's skill, positioning and situational awareness.

Oberon - more of a defensive archetype, but does not rely on silly low effort %DR ability. He can take a hit or two, but is still vulnerable to high damage spikes and requires awareness. Has decent team support and several utility options.

Frost, Banshee, Nekros and Nyx would be a tier lower as they have some problems.

Edited by ShortCat
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Imagine thinking  "killing everyone on the map with one button press" cant be balanced.

OP you better focus on not offending people with your threads and leave balance in warframe for people who actually play this game more than 15 hours.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

I say mag. She's got damage (both single target and Aoe), crowd control (directed and Aoe), armor/shield stripping, shield restoring (both flat and scaling off of enemies hit), her abilities scale with enemies (for the most part). 

But she's balanced by the fact that she doesn't work as well on infested, isn't super tanky or have any healing powers, and she isn't any stealthier than any other frame. 

Plus, she's easy to get but hard to master. 

And hated by that crazy youtuber.

I would actually say most of the frames are balanced with a few outlier exceptions cause they are far too focused on one attribute and ignore others (Saryn is pure damage, vauban is pure CC), you can do any mission with any frame which is built right. 

Individual frames can seem unbalanced due to the modding system. 

Nidus is a poor example 

Sure he is less on the damage side but pretty high on the survivability side of it  - constant regen, decent base armor, undying mechanic and 90% DR ability, he is even top of the list on my ranking of tanking. 

Frames that can do some CC, Damage, is able to survive damage and provide support would be considered truly balanced according to me. 

There are maybe a handful that fit this category and that too is dependent on the build. 

I would say Oberon, Octavia, Nezha, Equinox, Revenant, khora would be my pick. 

There is also the Uber generic poster Boi of warframe Excalibur, he tends to be in the good enough list of pretty much all the rankings. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

10 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Revenant. Can't get one shotted but also needs some work to be able to kill high lvl enemies. 

He has everything you need. Cc, dps, defense. And He's actually reliable unlike Titania.

The problem with Titania is evasion doesn't work as an only means of defense. IE the first time you fail an evade check, you get swatted like the overgrown bug you are.

Hydroid. He can do all content while not being a tank nor a damage dealer. He is something in between and is not OP.
Frost is a good second.
Volt is a contender for third place.

One button killing the whole map over level 30 means nothing. Nobody can kill the whole map with one skill at high level maps.

Have you ever fought level 1113 enemies? It takes over 8 hours to spawn those in survival.

Not balanced to me :

Revenant is not balanced, he can deal AOE damage while increasing his damage from being shot at, while doing the least resisted damage to each enemy, while being notably immortal as long as a nullifier do not strip your buff.

Excalibur can one shot stuff, so does Ash and Loki.

Nidus and Inaros are pretty much unkillable, Nidus can be dispelled by nullifiers, Inaros does not need any buff to be tanky so he is immune to nullifiers.

Atlas is pretty much unkillable, has decent CC, can self heal and one shot stuff.

Saryn, Banshee, Chroma, Nova, Mag, are gods of damage multipliers.

Trinity is the best support, Harrow is pretty good, Nekros is a decent support.

Vauban is good CC buf kinda weak overall.

3 minutes ago, Imniscor said:

Nidus and Inaros are pretty much unkillable, Nidus can be dispelled by nullifiers, Inaros does not need any buff to be tanky so he is immune to nullifiers.

Nidus is, but i have seen plenty of inaros bois getting swatted in arbitrations. Even non stop 1 energy life strikes on super neat zaws won't save them there. It starts around  lvl 400, idk wut is inaros strategy at  lvl 1113. Never seen ash or excal surviving there that long. Never seen atlas there at all. Hildryn with decaying key, shield aranes and rolling guard will be ball busting any "unkillable" inaros.

33 minutes ago, Akai-no-bara said:

Nidus is, but i have seen plenty of inaros bois getting swatted in arbitrations. Even non stop 1 energy life strikes on super neat zaws won't save them there. It starts around  lvl 400, idk wut is inaros strategy at  lvl 1113. Never seen ash or excal surviving there that long. Never seen atlas there at all. Hildryn with decaying key, shield aranes and rolling guard will be ball busting any "unkillable" inaros.

Of course you did not see, you are an undergeared player. Inaros with 9000 health + Adaptation + Arcane Guardian + Arcane Grace will never die because the health regen is based on MAX health and Inaros has plenty of it and will out regen anybody, even a 300% Power Strength Oberon...

Plus Inaros can buff his own armor using his 4 and with it you can reach up to 1k health REGEN per second on a 99.99% damage reduction character that has a 9000 health to cushion stuff.

At level 1113 my strategy is to kill enemies using Exodia Contagion + 400% DMG Riven. It will one shot enemies even at that level.

Back then, when the maximum possible damage was limited to 2.8 billion damage, I could do it very easily with many frames.
Since they nerfed the damage a few years ago, I can still do some pretty high damage with my Exodia Contagion.

I started playing this game in October 2012*, so don't mind my arrogance as a founder and alpha test player.

* Forum account was created separately back then and I created mine in Feb 2013.

Edited by Imniscor

11 minutes ago, Imniscor said:

Of course you did not see, you are an undergeared player. Inaros with 9000 health + Arcane Guardian + Arcane Grace will never die because the health regen is based on MAX health and Inaros has plenty of it and will out regen anybody, even a 300% Power Strength Oberon...

I say you never been to a really high lvl abitrations. Get off the high horse, unless you have primed chamber to sell you ain't got clue about my gear. Inaros even with 2 guardians and the ability to replenish "9000" hp in 1 second would still be one shotted.

9 minutes ago, Akai-no-bara said:

I say you never been to a really high lvl abitrations. Get off the high horse, unless you have primed chamber to sell you ain't got clue about my gear. Inaros even with 2 guardians and the ability to replenish "9000" hp in 1 second would still be one shotted.

I've been to Survival for 10 hours to kill enemies up to level 1113.

Back then, survival time was not recorded for use and did not show into Warframe "STATS" window.

Edited by Imniscor

Just now, Imniscor said:

I've been to Survival for 10 hours to kill enemies up to level 1113.

Back then, survival did not show into Warframe "STATS" window.

Who cares about that lame S#&$ these days? Wut next? We will reminiscent about times with tower keys? It is easy now, it was easier than. Especially solo, with less chance to catch a stray grenade. Unless you be taking your inaros to at least 25% of that time in arbitrations without dying - don't flex about its ukillability to me.

3 minutes ago, Akai-no-bara said:

Who cares about that lame S#&$ these days? Wut next? We will reminiscent about times with tower keys? It is easy now, it was easier than. Especially solo, with less chance to catch a stray grenade. Unless you be taking your inaros to at least 25% of that time in arbitrations without dying - don't flex about its ukillability to me.

First do a 10 hour survival then come back here boasting about your insignificance.
Arbitrations is far from being the hardest content in the game.

And Nullifiers suddenly showing on top of you will break your link and drain your mutation stacks to 0 really fast with Nidus.

What is going wrong with kids these days.

Edited by Imniscor

Just now, Imniscor said:

First do a 10 hour survival then come back here.
Arbitrations is far from being the hardest content in the game.

And Nullifiers suddenly showing on top of you will break your link and drain your mutation stacks to 0 really fast with Nidus.

What is going wrong with kids these days.

So i was right, I knew you were just casual that never even tried to go high on the arbitrations.

balanced is up for debate but oberon, nezha come to mind for lots of abilities that balance out with the kit synergy  (trinity is so nerfed and has a useless power by comparison its not funny)

for just kit to frame balance and not role balance

hydroid , wisp, hildryn , mag, banshee, nova, wukong, gara , ect all come to mind you have to build it right, and use the kits powers to keep yourself alive while dealing damage, being proactive 

11 hours ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Imagine thinking  "killing everyone on the map with one button press" cant be balanced.

OP you better focus on not offending people with your threads and leave balance in warframe for people who actually play this game more than 15 hours.

I don’t get why you gotta be rude he voiced his personal op. I think you should leave the forums to those with actual manners and the ability to read the situation.

but I’d say 

Nidus 

Ash

Trin 

Nezha

loki

in no specific order

• Like 2