Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.1.3

[DE]darryl1

improve the chat please - too much people have weird nicks and searching their names on the bigass list or typing them to give an invintation is so annoying - gathering a party for a void missions is a torture. In fact i would have liked not only better chat but also room system for a void missions like in a warcraft 3, like check up on list of available void mission rooms, enter one, creator of the group sees your stats and then accepts you into party or kicks you...simplicity at its best.

If we're talking about the chat then one thing I'd like to see is what we're being invited to. For example, "Blahblah has invited you to Void T3 Defense" or "Blahblah has invited you to Outer Terminus on Pluto" so we at least get a heads up because so many people invite you straight into the game or don't even wait for you to change loadout (yes some of us have different loadouts for different situations).

Regarding the afk sentinel changes my stance hasn't changed - need a better planned implementation of it because at this point I see it doing more on the negative side than positive. I'm glad they are taking measures to deal with it however - step by step and the game will get where it needs to be.

useless patch thanks

no mod patches

i got enough vacuum mods dropped that my third leg went limp

i found that if you rid yourself of all of one name (besides equiped) i.e. selling or fusion that they drop less. ex. i sold all 80 of my warm coat cards and havent had one drop since

^ This. If you're in Solo Mode and suddenly need to answer the phone or nature's call, you can press the Esc key to pause the game. There's no need for your Sentinel to cover you.

On a slight tangent, if you're in one of the group modes, ideally your squad should cover for you since it IS a Co-Op game. If there's no cooperation within the squad, then I think that points more to an issue with the player community than with Sentinels in general. In any case, I don't think Sentinels should act as a substitute for a squad if that's how some players are using them.

Whatever the case, I agree that the change to Sentinels is probably not the best solution for what DE is trying to remedy.

I highly doubt you ever met a "cooperating and friendly team". Obviously you do what your warframe is supposed to do.

Here is the default case: you join an online random game, you see your squadmates, you run around killing stuff and just doing what you and your frame supposed to do and thats it. It's almost like your saying that random people would put up a fortress if they could to protect you while you are away for a bit...

I did use the word "ideally" for a reason, as I'm well aware that what is ideal is often not reality. My concern with the lack of cooperation and communication goes beyond needing to go AFK. In a co-op game, one of the major points is having fun together. If parts of the squad are going to go off and do their own thing and hope everyone else just keeps up (as I've seen on a few occasions), then what's the point of co-op?

I do realize that if someone doesn't like totally random PUGs, they can organize a better group in Recruiting, or join a clan. But those solutions don't really address the lack of real incentive for players to work together. If a player has maxed out their frame and weapons, then what stops them from simply speed running through the mission with no regard for the rest of the squad?

I just think there needs to be something in-game that would discourage such behavior. In that regard, I think Valve did a pretty good job with the co-op missions for the Left 4 Dead series. The game design (specifically the AI Director) forces players to stay in a group because there's a lower chance of survival for everyone if players go off on their own, since the Director will spawn Infected swarms and Special Infected at the most inopportune times. Now I'm not suggesting that DE retool Warframe to be like L4D. They are different games after all. I'm just using it as an example of where acting as a squad (rather than simply being in one) is important.

One possible solution might be level scaling the enemies depending on average equipment level of the squad or something. But that would be up to DE if they feel there is a need to address such an issue, whether players feel it's an issue, and whether players would accept a major change like that.

I'm new to the game (only 40 hours of gameplay so far), so maybe I'm the only one who feels this is even an issue. If so, then I apologize.

now can you add a feature that will either pause online mode or allow you to turn invisible or something while in online afk? when i play warframe and get hungry, a soft pretzel takes about 3 mins. to make total, now that i know you can detect afk players and it takes 1 min. to be afk. can you just make afk players in online mode invisible or invincible?

thanks

now can you add a feature that will either pause online mode or allow you to turn invisible or something while in online afk? when i play warframe and get hungry, a soft pretzel takes about 3 mins. to make total, now that i know you can detect afk players and it takes 1 min. to be afk. can you just make afk players in online mode invisible or invincible?

thanks

I think making them invincible would not be in anyones interest, I hope you weren't being serious. What you mentioned above would add to the afk problem I'm afraid.

...Thanks DE. You decided in your infinite wisdom that I am no longer allowed to go to bathroom while in an online game with my friends, let alone public game.

Before everyone gangs up on me and calls me a "lazy Tenno" or an "AFK Farmer", let me clarify my situation.

I suffer from a condition called Crohn's disease. It is an autoimmune disorder that seriously damages and affects digestive tract. And as a result, when I need to go to the toilet, I really HAVE TO go. I SIMPLY CAN NOT wait, I sometimes don't even have time to type "Can you guys cover me for a bit, need to go to bathroom." before I have to run for it. And sometimes I won't be able to return to my computer until 10-15 minutes later. The alternative is to suffer a bout of explosive diarrhoea on the spot, resulting in my clothing being soaked in liquid S#&$, my chair covered in S#&$ and my living room floor covered in S#&$. Which is not an option. And I sometimes "have to go" twice an hour.

DE, please consider people with medical conditions and don't make us suffer because of your "solution" to AFK farmers. At least increase the time limit to 10 minutes or something that we can deal with the "issues at hand".

Or do I need to create an automatic macro like every AFK farmer has probably already done?
I can only say I am disheartened, disillusioned and unhappy about your decision to mess with the Sentinels.

Edited by SoanoS

need to make it so its no movement, and no kills for a certain period of time that is more than a minute. sometimes i got to go and sometimes im just trying to avoid detection from grinneer patrols either way this should definitely be looked at again.

I did use the word "ideally" for a reason, as I'm well aware that what is ideal is often not reality. My concern with the lack of cooperation and communication goes beyond needing to go AFK. In a co-op game, one of the major points is having fun together. If parts of the squad are going to go off and do their own thing and hope everyone else just keeps up (as I've seen on a few occasions), then what's the point of co-op?

I do realize that if someone doesn't like totally random PUGs, they can organize a better group in Recruiting, or join a clan. But those solutions don't really address the lack of real incentive for players to work together. If a player has maxed out their frame and weapons, then what stops them from simply speed running through the mission with no regard for the rest of the squad?

I just think there needs to be something in-game that would discourage such behavior. In that regard, I think Valve did a pretty good job with the co-op missions for the Left 4 Dead series. The game design (specifically the AI Director) forces players to stay in a group because there's a lower chance of survival for everyone if players go off on their own, since the Director will spawn Infected swarms and Special Infected at the most inopportune times. Now I'm not suggesting that DE retool Warframe to be like L4D. They are different games after all. I'm just using it as an example of where acting as a squad (rather than simply being in one) is important.

One possible solution might be level scaling the enemies depending on average equipment level of the squad or something. But that would be up to DE if they feel there is a need to address such an issue, whether players feel it's an issue, and whether players would accept a major change like that.

I'm new to the game (only 40 hours of gameplay so far), so maybe I'm the only one who feels this is even an issue. If so, then I apologize.

To be honest I agree completely with you, I thought this game would bring me something more to teamwork no matter if it's friends or strangers, I forgot the name of the game but it was a completely Co-op game you played as two guys with masks to get to certain objectives and the ONLY way to get out alive was to work together, Cover each others backs, and provide fire/Ammunition that sort of stuff. I thought this game would be like that when I saw the trailer for is, You all know the one with Loki, Mag, Excalibur, And Rhino. Of course the trailers are never like the game but I still hoped for the game to be that way. I really can't complain, It's free it's awesome, And it's fun. DE Does a GREAT job but I still think that the Co-Op should be ... I don't know how to say it, Pumped up? Upgraded? Either way. BUt seriously guys calm down, It's not like the Sentinal thing really matters, You're looking at a tiny machine that shoots and barely does any damage, It's not like when you're AFK and alone that thing can protect you from a horde.

I understand the reason for the sentinel afk stuff...

I dont like the fact it affects those who have legitimate reasons to go afk for a bit.

Random events may occur that will suck :/ such as

Random Company came to my door [unless you want me to ignore my company lol]

Parents called me for something [unless you want me to ignore my parents o.o]

I gotta use the toilet [unless you want me to crap/pee in my pants... or in a bucket]

...The sun wants to play with me... [unless.... ok fine its a joke]

i may just be overthinking it, to me 1 minute is short. I'd say 3 minutes would be better ^^ [was thinking 5... but looking at survival, all you need is 5 minutes to get the 1st reward...]

Edited by shirokuro

useless patch thanks

no mod patches

i got enough vacuum mods dropped that my third leg went limp

Just becuase it din't fix the issue your having that makes it useless? How would you feel if someone called your work useless? I've found that people who use the word useless alot, are often useless themselves. Stop being an inconsiderate jerkwagon. Thanks.

I suggest the `Game and Dump' desk chair:

Ha ha. Very funny... Can you see me laughing? No. Why's that? Oh, that's right. It is me who is being made fun of. If you had any idea what I have to go trough on every day basis, you would not be laughing either. But then again, I would expect nothing less from some random guy from internet.

Edited by SoanoS

Because of this hotfix and the fact that I make many defense missions alone
where I stand on cryo pot and shoot like mad, I expect that my sentinel will shoot at anything that comes too close to me but since it is no longer such, I have decided
to take my sentinel of it is useless for my style of play now I only regret I have bought all sentinels and all the accessories with this hotfix it is a waste of money to have bought them
no motion you can kill a lot in a defense without moving an inch
so why not put lazy master on the shoot button instead of moving
Edited by Opsidian