The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.1.3

[DE]darryl1

Preliminary play opinion: I've played a few matches since the new hotfix and it seems like the AFK detection is a little off. It seems to only care about your current position and not about your actual activity. A couple of defense missions and survivals I had hopped up on a crate either near the defense objective or where the mobs were currently funneling into the room and sat there for a couple minutes shooting enemies because it was a good place to sit and shoot from and in spite of the fact that I was actively using my powers and engaging enemies the sentinel stopped doing anything. This continued until I jumped down from the place I was sniping from and ran around for a few seconds. 

I'm all for keeping AFK farming from happening but I feel like it needs to either have a better method of detection other than "This guy hasn't moved any appreciable amount for over 1 minute" because in certain game modes it is something that can happen in normal play. That's what it seems like this "AFK Detection" is doing rather than actually checking to see if people are AFK and it's slightly annoying for it to catch you when all you're doing is taking a post and engaging enemies from the same relative position. I'm not sure if that's actually what is happening but that's what it seems like from what I've been able to play since this hotfix when I sit in one small area for a few minutes fighting and my sentinel stops doing anything.

This whole thing comes back to a bigger problem. People aren't happy with the current drop rates and the current amount of grind associated with getting certain resources. They found a method to "exploit" the system in order to make this grind a little more manageable in their eyes and were using it. This AFK detection will work for the short term albeit having a few kinks that are having it detect players that aren't actually AFK as such but really it's showing that at least according to the players taking advantage of these exploits that DE possibly hasn't found a good place with their drop rates and people are still unhappy about the level of grind required to get certain materials and items and that's what DE should be trying to fix. The AFK detection will deal with the exploit for now somewhat but if they don't deal with the reason that people were using the exploit to begin with then the problem won't go away. There's going to be some new method to get these drops easier that people are going to take advantage of because the "legitimate" way of doing it is way too unreliable. 

Just to be clear I'm talking about the people that farm for a certain material for hours and either get nothing to show for it or get very little. There are always going to be players who hear about a new exploit and jump right on doing it just to get whatever the exploit is allowing you to easily farm. 

Regarding the referral system I really wish that either it had existed sooner or maybe that use of the beta keys that closed beta testers were given for buying Founder status and used to activate accounts counted as referrals. Reason being is that I've already referred friends to this game before this system happened. Both with my beta keys when the game was closed beta and by just word of mouth once the game went into open beta and I now have pretty much no one that I could get to join this game without spamming a referral link because I have already talked pretty much all of my friends that would be interested in playing the game into joining before this system was in place. 

Don't get me wrong though, I still love the idea but I'm a little disappointed that it's only coming out now when myself and many other players have been referring people to play this game for a while and won't have anything to show for it.

well spoken. i wasn't around for closed beta but i got six friends by word of mouth and i will not get any credit for that. idk of any more of my friends that might be interested, but i do wish this was implemented way earlier.

Another patch that wasn't properly tested. So, now I can't defend a position without jumping around like a dumbass because the AFK detector you implemented only counts movement and not anything else, like shooting things.. that was just pathetically lazy to not have tested. I am disappoint.

First of all for all those complaining "cry cry, this is bad update" this isn't a full on update, its a hotfix. Get that through your head.

Seriously? How about kicking the AFK player out of the match entirely after they go AFK for over a minute?

Are you the mythical person that can use the restroom/pay the pizza guy in 30 seconds or less? Also, does that make this a bad hotfix? IDC about the sentinel going afk, but the timer on that is questionable.

Will there be plans to add a Sentinel Health and Shield Bars to our UI, Maybe under our own Health and Shields. Also maybe add a Thing to tell you if your Sentinel already regenerated? This would help so I know to back up so mine doesn't die.

They answered this in a recent live stream. I can't speak for DE, but they said they heard that complaint and were nodding a lot, so they will probably add it at some point. This was before update 10, so the stats weren't in the arsenal yet, but I think an in-game HUD overhaul will be coming later.

Don't see a point of adding AFK detector instead of kicking A****** who always kill the whole team because he don't know when to run. There's many bugs they should fix but instead of this... seriously?

How about changing Embolist in to a malee weapon?

Sorry if I offended because I reported so much of bugs but all I see is debuff or useless mods lately.

Edited by Vertutame

Is that sentinel change even necessary?

I could go to take dump in peace because I know my cute and brilliant sentinel will be there for me. Not anymore.

If we want to gain XP when AFK, we could just go to a defense mission and sit on top of that coffin, let teammate do the work, same S#&$.

Increase the duration to 5 minutes, or remove it please. What was you thinking?

Edited by Hameln

Hotfix 10.1.3

• Sentinels are now aware of lazy Tenno masters and will take a break if they go AFK for over a minute

How about not off-handedly referring to a frustrated segment of your player-base, tired of the overwhelming grind and farm designed into the game, as lazy?

A Number of us have voiced these concerns. You know what's becoming most troubling about Digital Extremes and Warframe? I'm starting to look for ways to beat the system. Not looking for new ways to play the game, but ways to beat DE and Warframe. IT. IS. NOT. FUN. I feel like I might be better served watching a screen of squares with pictures of Orokin Cell, and Mutagen samples, and Neurodes on them and then every 5 minutes I can click on the picture, and a item pops out and then I can click on the item and I get to collect it and when I get enough I can build the a neat item I want, like a neat new Sentinel Tractor that will automate some of that 5 minute work for me. Or an Orokin Cell Mine that will automatically generate more Orokin cells, so I can create the Orokin Transwarp Generator which will allow me to Fund enough Lotuses to trigger the Lotusocalypse.

Edited by mrfluffydeath

Sucks. Sentinels were handy for covering your &#! if you suddenly got a phone call or had to answer the door

Or had to use the washroom... It is too bad there are so many LEGITIMATE SCENARIOS in which you might need to be AFK; now your once loyal and protecting, sentinel will sit and do nothing, blissfully unaware of its master's plight. It is nice that DE has its priorities straight when it comes to serving its players.

Last time I checked, ninjas/assassins considered it a occupational prerequisite to be capable of waiting unseen in shadows, sitting patiently and silently, for indeterminate periods of time until the time to strike was right. Most ninjas did not feel the need to get up and stretch their legs every minute, especially if they were avoiding detection...

First of all for all those complaining "cry cry, this is bad update" this isn't a full on update, its a hotfix. Get that through your head.

Seriously? How about kicking the AFK player out of the match entirely after they go AFK for over a minute?

That would be lovely, Kief, because we both know the AFK detection is always 100% accurate and never makes mistakes.

Sucks. Sentinels were handy for covering your &#! if you suddenly got a phone call or had to answer the door

yup thats what i used em for... but it does not surprise me that some players would exploit this and ruin it for the rest of us. Sadly our community is full of players that tries to ruin the game more than enjoying it. Nature of humans sadly ;(

Or had to use the washroom... It is too bad there are so many LEGITIMATE SCENARIOS in which you might need to be AFK; now your once loyal and protecting, sentinel will sit and do nothing, blissfully unaware of its master's plight. It is nice that DE has its priorities straight when it comes to serving its players.

But all you need to do is put something with a decent weight on a run key or you know the dipping bird i posted... >_> To be fair any game that has a anti afk function I've found laughable at best because of those exact counters.

Only game to actually do a decent counter to afk or being in one area too long was Matrix Online. Gotta love those Agents that came for ya. Sorta like the stalker but more of a threat then a pinyata.