Hotfix 10.1.3

Can't we just get a Vote-Kick system?

No. We have way too many immature players that troll with warframe powers as is. A vote kick option will just have people getting kicked/distracted for stupid reasons. "Hey guys Nekros isn't hitting 3 enough KIIICK!" "Guys there's a Loki/Mag/Volt/Ash/Ember/Excalibur that joined Kick!"

All i've seen so far are people that are butthurt about not being able to AFK farm anymore.

I think there's a distinct difference between being butthurt and the actual implementation of it though.

No. We have way too many immature players that troll with warframe powers as is. A vote kick option will just have people getting kicked/distracted for stupid reasons. "Hey guys Nekros isn't hitting 3 enough KIIICK!" "Guys there's a Loki/Mag/Volt/Ash/Ember/Excalibur that joined Kick!"

Exactly, I think a vote kick system would be bad enough as it is.

They just need to revise on how to go about implementing a more effective afk countermeasure. Nothing is going to be perfect but they are probably thinking of ways so that the rest of us aren't as badly effected, which is why they are probably going to take note of all the comments. This is a beta after all and also a learning experience for them.

"will take a break if they go AFK for over a minute"  ok fine stop some ppl afk farming, what happens when this brakes and sentlas just don't wake back up. coz you know its going to happen. what happens when im lagging bad, before my sental would still shoot stuff, how about now? this is going to be host side like every thing ells meaning bad nets going to brake it.

how about fixing vortex still having pull when its laggy or not being able to pick up energy orbis because on the host side sez your full but on your side your empty so you cant use any powers..

after moving house, and this area having super bad net, lag related bugs bug me the most because i see them a 100 times a day.

The sentinel that won't attack after 1 min of AFK doesn't solve much, actually.

You just place something on your keyboard, for example, on the "W" key to walk against a wall, and there you go.

Some people could use macro's to run in circles.

But I'm glad you guys are taking some initiatives towards AFK-farming.

Hotfix 10.1.3

• Sentinels are now aware of lazy Tenno masters and will take a break if they go AFK for over a minute

thanks DE for your inconsideration, now i can't play solo/duet defense while texting/calling my GF or just taking pee, cause nothing will cover my &#!!

thanks for taking away our fun, i actually agree with your idea but at least extend it to over 5 mins, over a minute is just too few and can't be considered as AFK

So if you are waiting for the best moment with your sniper for over a minute, your Ghost will decloak you? Superb. At the same time your Sentinel won't attack anyone on sight while staying still so you will be harder to spot while camping in Conclaves... can you camp in conclaves? :D

Anyways, it's always good to see these hotfixes (sometimes I actually like these more than the actual updates as those bring new stuff but new bugs too -_-I| ), it shows you care. It would be nice to get a bigger fix for the networking/matchmaking part too and I'm not even saying anything about not everyone being able to join anyone else but the "simple" host button I always yabber about.

It's pretty much a problem to not being able to host an online game on a map that has others on it whom you can't join because after the end of the waiting ("looking for players" or whatnot) you are deported to the big map so you can't even press Play Now at all (pressing it while waiting it only darkens screens and comes back right away).

Oh, when can we see the Guild Emblem upload feature being paid for from Clan Vaults? It's something that affects the whole clan so making it depend on only the clan leader seems strange. And costly for a very small pic.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Poke007, on 25 Sept 2013 - 3:51 PM, said:

What lazy Tennos? :p

Then.....

Tenno: Bro I need to afk...

Shade: ok find a camera or a turret and ill cloak you for 300 years.

Tenno: Thx bro

Now... Bro I need to afk...

Shade: Pssh your fault *@##$ should have played on solo mode so you could pause.

Tenno: F*** you bro, I bringing Carrier with me next time.

Oh maaan.. Now i cant go to the toilet whenever i need to, even when on a mission?

You cant always trust your fellow Tenno to guard your back, you know..

And Wite Text guy is going to be so bloody &!$$ed at me for not taking those breaks.

Edit:

I see my points has allready been presented. This would make my post rather unessesary,

wouldnt it? Well, as I allready have posted it, I blame the reason for me to do so on the fact

that I have not yet had my Bacon this fine morning.

Regards,

Stormfinnare

Edited by Stormfinnare

Hotfix 10.1.3

• Sentinels are now aware of lazy Tenno masters and will take a break if they go AFK for over a minute

Nobody can use the bathroom and come back in front of the computer that fast : give us a pause button for multiplayer mode.

This isn't exactly helpful, but it isn't 100% useless. It's a step toward preventing AFK farming. I would love it if they made it so that if you went AFK in solo for 5 minutes, it takes you to the menu and pause the game. An easy way to counter this would be to go Private or Invite only, so maybe at 15 minutes, you get kicked no matter what mode you play in (Online, Solo, etc). Of course, you could just make it so that when you solo it pauses and when you have more than 1 player in the game it goes into a vote kick, but someone can easily run 2 computers at once, log into two accounts, and counter that system easily.

Edit: Giving multiplayer a pause button? Giving one player/host the power to pause an entire online/private/invite game sounds extreme. So, I think if they ever plan on adding this, they should make it a voting system where the majority has to say "Yes."

- EnD

Edited by EnDleSsPhantom