Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra and the lack of warm up

ThumpumGood

+1, this is an issue. I got thru it but it definitely wasn't fun (Even a 111 helps a lot.)

Maybe try buffing void beam and mote amp up to the power levels of the other amps. Amps are meant to channel operator energy in different ways; they shouldn't be a damage buff.

On 2019-09-25 at 4:05 AM, MetalGrayFox said:

How old is your son ? Are they the recommended 17+ mature age the game suggests, cos based on what I read, it sounds like they might not be 🤔

with parental consent 13 is the recommended age. And from the looks of it he definitely has parental consent.

I started playing about 2 months ago (yes i know my account says it's a bit older, I didn't actually play until now) and I beat Umbra without any amp because I had no idea they even existed until after. I don't know if I missed where in the game it said "Hey, maybe you should go get an amp!" but I'm probably not the only one to fight him without an amp because of that.

On the one hand, I understand the point of making the Umbra fight difficult- it's at the end of a long chain of quests, and fairly high-level ones at that.

On the other hand, the difficulty with fighting Umbra isn't really that it requires skill to succeed in- it's basically a gear check. If you've been farming in a completely unrelated area of the game, it will be easy mode. If you haven't been, you're in for a rough time.

The gatekeeper is how far you've progressed with Quill standing, fishing and mining, and Focus trees. The Quill and Focus grind is absolutely interminable given the max standing per day versus the costs to get anywhere, and Quill standing virtually requires you to hunt Eidolons, which in turn requires better amps, which you can't get because you don't have standing yet. Theoretically you can do it just with Vomvalysts or Lua drops, but in reality the progression there is so abysmally slow that trying to do it that way would be highly unproductive.

The requirement to get a good Amp for Chains of Harrow and Umbra could be better signposted, but I think the general process there with the Quills and Focus needs to be addressed too. Being given the parts to make a 1-1-1 Amp would help immensely, and standing gains and Focus could be toned down to a level that's reasonable.

On 2019-09-24 at 5:02 PM, Urlan said:

I feel you, that is why I often try to emphasize players that get past War Within to relocate to the Plains of Eidolon since most of War Within's unlocks got embedded into Saya's Vigil and Quill's unlocks. Chains and Sacrifice are much easier with some Tenno pumps and upgraded amps, perhaps this could be a focus for the kiddo? Maxing Cetus and then Eidolons after Saya's quest is complete and then continuing with the missions that benefit from this assumed progression that the quests and Ropalolyst seem balanced around.

While this is great, I'm rarely able to play on the plains and Fortuna due to a crappy laptop (it's actually a pretty decent laptop, just no where nearing gaming PC levels). This makes fighting eidolons and gathering materials for better amps a real chore at the best of times. Maybe there should be an amp you can get outside there? Not a really powerful one, but at least a step up from the Mote.

5 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

While this is great, I'm rarely able to play on the plains and Fortuna due to a crappy laptop (it's actually a pretty decent laptop, just no where nearing gaming PC levels). This makes fighting eidolons and gathering materials for better amps a real chore at the best of times. Maybe there should be an amp you can get outside there? Not a really powerful one, but at least a step up from the Mote.

Seeing as Fortuna got more Void laser amps instead of Void blast amps, I wouldn't see there being yet another source for Void laser amps being available - maybe outside plains areas if DE felt it worked in their story so far. In a way, its too bad Margulis blocked us all from Void powers (aside from Rell) during her time with us or it would be possible for Primed Void Amps to show up.