Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time to make Stalker stronger again

Deshiel

Possibly with empyrean. He could borrow some of the kuva litch features and get his own mothership. Like Imagine running into a base of the acolytes or perhaps the Stalker itself.

What would be your quest there? I imagine liberating captive warframes and also hoping to uncover the process behind acolyte conversion.

• Like 1

Seriously, stalker should show up like normal in empyrean. However he should have his own railjack with his crew as the alcoyltes. You can drive him away when he boards, and when you do, you can choose to board him instead, giving a chance at taking down the alcolytes until your forced off, basically respawning back in space. 

Also, GIVE STALKER MODE ALREADY! OR MAKE NEW WAR TURN HIM BACK TO NORMAL! Shadow Stalker is a joke.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

He's a mid-boss, he's not gonna suddenly become Profit-Taker, you know. He's good as he is, he's just "weak" cause you spent so much time in the game, you know it in and out and nothing will ever pose a threat anymore.

That's pretty close minded considering we are about to fight our former "Mission Control". So why can't he get a promotion aswel? He already did once

Eh stronger Stalker is....... questionable. I keep getting the sense that people just need to come to terms that they have outgrown the Stalker like their favorite childhood toy.

That said, I would definitely be receptive to some lore based entries/fights with regards to the origin of the Acolytes. Maybe on some sort of processing facility/ship but that really hinges on DE actually having settled on Stalker Lore beyond "this mysterious enemy hates you for nebulous reasons and continually attacks you". 

13 minutes ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Also, GIVE STALKER MODE ALREADY!

Hard pass.... the only thing Stalker mode was poised to bring to DE was lower player retention. 

Best way to kill your PVE game is to try to shoehorn in RNG PvP. If DE is smart they knew when to cut bait and have long since shelved Stalker Mode.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

That's pretty close minded considering we are about to fight our former "Mission Control". So why can't he get a promotion aswel? He already did once

Because we need more mid-bosses, not less. 3 ain't exactly enough, getting rid of Stalker ain't gonna make it better, even if he's replaced by the Kuva Leech. So he's not getting upgraded from mid-boss, even if he's actually to get an upgrade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Because we need more mid-bosses, not less. 3 ain't exactly enough, getting rid of Stalker ain't gonna make it better, even if he's replaced by the Kuva Leech. So he's not getting upgraded from mid-boss, even if he's actually to get an upgrade.

If in the event of an upgrade it’ll be like how it is currently. Through progression. So the mid boss will still be there and as we get stronger items the newer and stronger stalker will get back down to his current state over time

8 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

This game doesn't realy replace boss encounters or anything. It only setups encounters based on which stage of the game you are at. Like starting players don't get shadow stalker, neither YOU lose regular stalker if you are in a party that triggers him.

Edited by Deshiel

Just now, nslay said:

Yeah! I think if he could borrow human intelligence, like having a player play as him, might do the trick! Yeah... some kind of stalker mode... hmm... Where have I heard this before? It's been so long...

I completely forgot about that, seems like a fun toy to keep tennocons extra special

What if we could mod or even gear our own stalkers? We could have a special arsenal tab where we can make him as hard to kill as ourselves... we could even do fashion frame for him. Nothing equipped = Stalker baseline (as he is now). So yeah, transform the end game to modding the enemies to kill us (and team mates) instead of trying to win... a special kind of PVP where the player makes their personal stalker kill the other players better.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’m the new stalker running ash with double r3 arcane ultimatum and I start off every mission procing rolling guard.i also got on seeking shuriken and my rapid fire 156Cc 100%status daikyu and my dread.. fear me 

Hmm... Conclave 1.0. Might perk my interest a bit more.

3 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

he's just "weak" cause you spent so much time in the game

And because Shadow Stalker is a genuine downgrade to pretty much all of Stalker's attributes. He deals less damage less often with easier-to-dodge attacks, far worse AI, and worse special moves that are telegraphed far longer and are overall less threatening

1 minute ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

"are we a joke to you?", no seriously, both stalker AND especially zanuka with the grustrag 3,  needs a rework, long ago they used to be scary and strong, now they all are just a big joke for almost every player in warframe(only newbies, may have troubles with them).

> Zanuka

> Used to be scary and strong

Gee, Zanuka was already the weakest of the three assassins (well, technically five, but let's not get pedantic), given it has barely anything different over the original Zanuka and is also slightly weaker than it.

25 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

> Zanuka

> Used to be scary and strong

Gee, Zanuka was already the weakest of the three assassins (well, technically five, but let's not get pedantic), given it has barely anything different over the original Zanuka and is also slightly weaker than it.

Now that they are fully making use of beacons, maybe they could make a higher tier beacons with more difficulty

• Like 1

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Deshiel:

Now that they are fully making use of beacons, maybe they could make a higher tier beacons with more difficulty

What if the Stalker

SCALES UP with you beating him?!

Automatic.

Next time he gains more "withstanding points" and dmg + trys to use outplaying you more effective.

Seems like a Nemsis to me, you dont realy want to meet and beat bc you know next time... you wont get it done this ezy.

Like 10-20 different lvls of difficulties he might be able to scale up. Adding in different versions of him. Like 1 able to create 2 illutions of him or one that can "grab" a leg from afar over casting a hand summoning out of the floor holding you shortly (root). Or one that MIMICS you directly but with all the extra stalker attributs.

Or hmm

Make it a 2 time only castable ability by Stalker to, by success, hitting you with it, implementing a DNA analyse or smt to be BETTER next time fighting you. This way a player can evade to lvl up his own stalker. Hmm. 

The first 30kills he might stay lvl1 but then adepts faster and faster....either on auto or over a ability that he uses on the player if successful hitting.

Nvm

Stalker needs a upgrade path in very short words lol.

Edited by P0Pz

Stalker is clearly underpowered now, to any player who knows how to mod and has played a couple months.  However, when you are newer than that he is still plenty strong.  I remember the first time I fought him I hid in a corner waiting for him to come to me, then ran out and got lit up from behind because I didn’t know he could invis.  What I’m saying is that he is still strong, at least normal one is, but he starts strong and doesn’t get stronger unlike us who started weak and become hecka op in not too long.  If he gets a buff it makes it even more impossible for new players and will still be easy to the vets.