Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime Access is Live!

[DE]Helen

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

Though I'd be inclined to call it pay to win if the grind were exceptionally unreasonable as well. Like if it took 700 hours (about one month)  to make a forma if you didn't rush it.

Are 24 hours anywhere reasonable? I have at least 1-5 forma pretty much at everything in my inventory. That is hundreds of forma. I don't even want to know how long it would take me without plat. Also, crafting frame for 3 f-ing days and 12 hours for parts. How exactly this is reasonable? Especially when crafting that certain quest frame suddenly takes just 5 minutes. At least they did realize that putting 3 days long motherwrench in there would ruin quest experience for everyone. Ye, I do realize they want to sell frame packs or at least craft boosts... and it directly affects time to craft. "Pay for convenience" always negatively affects game experience for everyone not paying. Well, I'm actually fine with these 3 days for frames since that is rare occurence. I'm not crafting a new frame every day after all. But 24 hours per forma is ridiculous and forcing everyone to buy them if they want to mod their stuff to any reasonable condition. Of course that won't affect you if you are fine with playing the same 5 frames and 10 guns forever. But seriously, modding 1 crit-based kitgun takes at least 4-5 days on crafted formas to get it to max damage output. And what it makes even more inconvenient is that it is exactly 24 hours, so unless you will re-craft it immediately your next ctafting time will move later and later into the night until you will be forced to skip 1 day.

8 minutes ago, lainverse said:

Are 24 hours anywhere reasonable?

I think 24 hours is a bit too long. Its an easy wait for days when I work since I spend most of the day either away from home or asleep, but on my days off its a pain. I'd be fine waiting the 24 hours if I could craft multiple forma at once. Even if it were at a net deficit (like a "forma x5 bluprint" needing enough mats for 7 forma but only getting 5 out of it.) And yeah there's the problem with the strict 24 hour cycle that ends up costing us a day like you said. 

On 2019-09-24 at 9:38 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a slow and experimental change to our tried and true PA formula that doesn't disrupt the existing prices, but gives those who support us first access to something new in the program. It's a bonus 7-day Mod Drop Chance, which doubles a given enemies chance at dropping a Mod (i.e kill a unit with a 20% chance, expect that to double).  A lot of feedback has been 'swap out the boosters', so instead of completely swapping we're just adding a bonus for now (and a new type at that). Hoping to see Resource enter the formula as well later one, but one step at a time.

Also relevant comment:

Yep, introduce it in other ways for sure, first access in PA, though (maybe Baro will bring it on a visit! Maybe a Nightwave reward! Refresh Sortie rewards?!)!

This doesn't seem to be that great. In practice we will have more common and uncommon mods, but the rare ones will still be as rare. 0.5% to 1% boost isn't that big of a difference.

It would also be nice if you could clear up one thing, because it seems confusing. If an enemy has 3% chance to drop a mod, and then there is 1% chance for this mod to be a rare one, what is boosted? Is it just the mod drop chance for the enemy, just drop chance of a specific mod, or both? I'm not sure if it is clear.

But regardless, this booster seems very unnecessary and the timing of its implementation couldn't have been worse after you nerfed loot abilities interactions. That's just creating a solution (not a good one) to a problem you created.

If you really want to add something new to the prime access, how about this: a new type of forma that adds polarity without resetting rank to 0. Add 1 or 2, it will go well with all the new items, no?

35 minutes ago, Genitive said:

If you really want to add something new to the prime access, how about this: a new type of forma that adds polarity without resetting rank to 0. Add 1 or 2, it will go well with all the new items, no?

I think that was once upon a time in the game files, but it never came into fruition (got changed to the Aura Forma).

It's a serious problem that a person can play this game for years, stack hundreds upon hundreds of hours, have hundreds of thousands of kills of a certain enemy type, and STILL not have gained every mod that enemy type drops naturally. All that 0.5% drop chance stuff is just horrible game design and a "booster" is just greedy way of offering a solution. This especially looks bad after nerfing the farming frames just months before.

This new booster is just telling people to pay for rng, a slimy GAMBLING  practice that companies like EA, Activison, and others have already faced backlash over.

I definitely wouldn't buy this booster off of principal alone. After all this time and investment, I generally don't care about anything in-game that I haven't gotten by now. Suggesting I pay for the CHANCE to MAYBE get an already rare item is just another waste of my time.

Get rid of this booster, reverse the nerf to Nekros/Hydroid, and readjust the drop tables  to something reasonable is my feedback.

Here are a couple things I'd like to say regarding Atlas Prime Access:

These Accessories feel kinda lackluster and don't make up for the gear being kinda meh. Maybe another accessory? I would've liked to see an alt helm or maybe a crystal/stone/gold trail ephemera. It's been a disappointing not having any channeling effects on any of the prime accessories anymore also. So maybe instead of a silly mod drop rate booster (which is causing a ton of controversy and debate) you give us a third accessory.

I would've really appreciated at least some tweaks to Atlas Prime because I just can't get the feel of him and he is just a spam 1 for most people. You know he needs work DE. You have plenty of feedback to work with also.

Since Dethcube Prime is a part of this prime access it would be a nice time to finally remove the need for duplicate mods on sentinels. It's an old system and needs to go sooner rather than later. Not only do I not want to dump endo for duplicate mods but it is also extremely annoying having the mod conflicts all the time. I would also appreciate some tweaks, buffs or reworks for sentinels because I actually think Dethcube Prime is pretty cool but I know I won't be using it for more than 2 weeks at most because my smeeta is just a ton better.

As for Tekko Prime I hope its got some kind of prime passive to really spice it up because well... it's just a fist weapon. Nothing about it is interesting except it's cool Prime look.

Oh and please give us higher quality renders because I use them for my wallpapers lol.

But anyways those are just my thoughts on this Prime access.

On 2019-09-24 at 8:38 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a slow and experimental change to our tried and true PA formula that doesn't disrupt the existing prices, but gives those who support us first access to something new in the program. It's a bonus 7-day Mod Drop Chance, which doubles a given enemies chance at dropping a Mod (i.e kill a unit with a 20% chance, expect that to double).  A lot of feedback has been 'swap out the boosters', so instead of completely swapping we're just adding a bonus for now (and a new type at that). Hoping to see Resource enter the formula as well later one, but one step at a time.

Also relevant comment:

Yep, introduce it in other ways for sure, first access in PA, though (maybe Baro will bring it on a visit! Maybe a Nightwave reward! Refresh Sortie rewards?!)!

This is just... honestly I'm at a loss for words... I'm sure you can see how happy the community is getting with this "experiment" of yours right? I mean, first you nerf loot frames and its intended behavior, that had been working like that and have been a part of warframe's meta loot farm, for literal years. THEN you go ahead and put another booster, EXCLUSIVE to Prime Access, and you call it an "experiment"?

How is this an experiment? How is a 2x booster for mod drop chance gonna help? You know your own drop chances in your own game, you know that any mod that is actually worth the farming is usually 5% or less chance (and I'm upping that number by a LOT), good luck farming Condition Overload with that booster with its 0.02% drop chance.

This booster is no experiment, it's not even gonna solve anything, it's just another bad BAND-AID to try and pretend that it fixes something that wasn't broken in the first place. Your game is a loot farming game, the fact that you nerfed the loot farming in a loot farming game is meme worthy but not the "good joke" kind.

Like seriously, nobody is even remotely happy with your recent changes for a while now. Why is feedback even a thing in this forum if you're not gonna take it in the end?

Is this one thread even being read?

For god's sake, be reasonable here, your playerbase is getting fed up at you trying to sugarcoat every bad decision you've been making. This one booster being dropped AFTER the loot nerf just doesn't look anything but an experiment for pay2win in disguise in the long run.

20 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

This is just... honestly I'm at a loss for words...

I fully agree, but something occurred to me that I REALLY do not hope that this is the case, but an close pal pointed something out to me, that what this means, doesn't mean what I've seen in other games I've seen. We all kown the type. It starts off on: Hype, Nerfs to farming, sudden increase in cheap mtx stuff, then ends right before they decided to not invest more resources into the game and just make a quick cash grab before shutting down servers.

I'm not sure about you Kiro, but given the amount of tension that been going on and on around Warframe lately and how much its been building up, I'm really srupised that this hasn't all just exploded by now, as we've seen what happens to the others and quite frankly its quite worrisome.

How anyone can defend this choice is byound me, but theres just some people out there who will no matter what, but I think that they are only the few, thankfully, as I've seen Reddit and the Forms blow up big time about this, including content creators (if they really have any true effect). I've not seen any Media or Journalists post about this yet and IIRC.

I'll poke around to see if any has come up tho!.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

It's NOT exclusive to Prime Access. Rebecca herslef stated this would go live as a sortie reward right on the same update.

The point still remains that this is just a band-aid. It's not gonna fix anything at all regarding the drop rate AFTER the loot nerf.

We're getting this as a sortie reward? Awesome. Who's hyped over a useless booster on the sortie reward to further dillute the reward pool say "tenno scoom".

I'm not for sure.

4 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

The point still remains that this is just a band-aid. It's not gonna fix anything at all regarding the drop rate AFTER the loot nerf.

We're getting this as a sortie reward? Awesome. Who's hyped over a useless booster on the sortie reward to further dillute the reward pool say "tenno scoom".

I'm not for sure.

As far I recall, wasn't boosters removed from the Pool, due to so meny asked them to be removed, due to being so useless?

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

As far I recall, wasn't boosters removed from the Pool, due to so meny asked them to be removed, due to being so useless?

I still get them relatively frequently so, unless it was a very recent hotfix, I believe they're still part of the pool.

25 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

I'm not for sure.

Neither am I if you read my own poast a couple pages back, but it's also unfair to make a critique partly based on misinformation or lack of the same (which I don't blame you for, as all this has been quite the clustermess).

Archived