Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime Access is Live!

[DE]Helen

On 2019-10-01 at 10:26 AM, DConagher said:

Coming here to say 2 things:

A: All-Might Prime is HERE! Delayed by Wukong, and put by the wayside by most of the community, but the mountain has come to us, *AtlasT*. I am very excited....or, I would be. I can't not be, though, right? Frame I put thousands of hours of fun and work into, is both primed, looks cool, and might actually get some playtime from the community!

B: Except....I have to say that if this was ANY other warframe- if this wasn't the same Atlas I've put thousands of hours into, I don't think I'd bother farming him, let alone buying the PA.

Let alone just how much I've run Atlas (to the point I haven't even bothered leveling MOST things), the stats on their own would detract me from caring.

.1 sprint speed, and ***25*** armor? When he has a passive 450 (Couldn't have even been enough to be the 2nd highest in the game, behind Valk prime?) AND an additional sustainable ~1200-1300 effectively at BASE (and I think we can all agree you don't play Atlas if you want to go fast)- what actual benefit is there to these stats? More health, More Energy, MAYBE a DECENT amount of armor on a Bruiser frame, or perhaps going the nidus route and gaining some passive Ability % increases, but these stats are a SERIOUS letdown. My only hope is that nudged in there somewhere is a rework, and/or a buff to Atlas's abilities (Like the almost pointless 5% Crit and Status chance he has, in this stage of Warframe, or perhaps something actually seriously useful for a 2?)

(I've made a few threads for community feedback, and some really great ideas have sprouted there, would love for you to take a look if you can spare the time of day)

The prime access itself is coming with a Sentinel I've never cared to test with (so, a personal problem on that front), a cavalcade of accessories for that sentinel (that, imo, don't even look nice), 1 warframe cosmetic being an alright syndana, and then Atlas and his Tekko- Do I as a player really want to pay 140$ USD for a decent bit of plat, farm-able gear, an "alright" syndana? Not even a cool set of like, part-rock armor for thematic sake- nothing for your operator, an alt helm, an ephemera? Anything?

I don't care about or need the boosters- MR 17 with millions of credits, I can do just about everything in this game, BAR trade 20+ times a day or summon level 150 enemies in a testing realm. The moddrop chance booster has been roasted enough, and all its going to mean for me is a slight bit more endo. The plat is basically whatever, I make mine off the market. I'm sitting on 140$ in steam waiting for this PA to arrive, and I almost feel like, the more I think about it, the more it feels like a waste.

On the side note of being let down, more and more as I've advanced into warframe's "End-game", I've found that while I can play the game and have fun with Atlas (he is definitely both an under-appreciated and under-used frame- You can't play thousands of hours with a character and say "he's bad to play" or demand a buff), it honestly feels like his kit just doesn't ....Flow. At all. I'd hazard a guess that's why he's under-used. Wisp has been the first frame to actually seriously impact my Atlas use, partially due to how much synergy she has.

Looking at the frame himself:
Atlas has the major redeeming feat of: Being immortal while punching, having 350 base all impact damage on his 1, and having landslides 0-2-4. His updated petrify is a good Crowd control ability, and a setup of decent passives. 

That....that's about it. His wall is basically pointless (I think of the hundreds of thousands of abilities I've used, Wall wouldn't even makeup 400-500), and his Rumblers are, for lack of a better word, a box of rocks. Rubble is a decent system, but its blocky and clunky. He doesn't have a standout pool of health, or energy, or shields, or anything other than 3rd highest base AC. While he has that 450 armor at base, does that really compare to the other "tank" frames and what they can survive through? Is 25 armor REALLY going to make a difference here?

Lets compare him to Khora and Gara, rather than drawing lines to Rhino or Inaros or Niderp.

Start with Khora. Her "exalted" does 300 points Ips, but has 25% CC and 20% SC to Atlas's ....5% and...5%. She has multiple CC options, from her ability to chain down 1 target to her hole Christmas tree of pain, and then she has Venari- arguably the best summon-able ally in the game (Glaring at wukong right now....) Not only that, but Khora has much more ability synergy to work with- where I get rubble from killing petrified people, and a measly bit more from Landslide as Atlas, she can use her Dome to bounce damage around, use Venari to support people other than herself, and has the "passive" effect of *2* companions. Not only that, she has actually decent Augments. Accumulating Whipclaw and her loot mod for her Christmas dome come to mind.

Tell me, what of Atlas's 4 augments are worth using?

We've got:
Discount 3 but its unreliable and single target
Pointless bulwarks, the Trilogy
The single *worst* loot augment in the game (to the point people forget it even exists)
and the only real decent one IMO, after it's recent buff
1 BIG rockboi.

Gara is something entirely different! She has 800 (of her choice, Puncture or slash) damage on her "Exalted" (If you're keeping track, well over double atlas and Khora, albeit without Atlas's 0-2-4, but it is Slash and puncture- so no 25% penalty to Flesh), amazing Crowd control, amazing team support in the form of 90% damage resistance boons, and all the synergy in the world. She has an augment for energy generation, and her Vitrify is incredibly similar to Petrify in its workings and bonus damage given- Meanwhile, her's is a 360* circle, mine is....what, a 60-90* cone? Her passive is a bit weird, but all in all, stats wise, it *might* be a fair assumption Gara is just better mathematically. 

The short summary of it is, no matter how much I adore the rocky lad, I can't help but feel....saddened by his less than stellar arrival. His prime stats are a joke, his PA is honestly just not worth it- the "exclusives" boil down to a weird looking sentinel set and an OK syndana. It's like you were told a party was being thrown, and then when you get there, there's 1 person with a party horn and a 2 week old cake from the local mart. Its still your birthday, its still a great day, but a lot of the luster and light is MIA.

I can accept the fact maybe he just didn't see enough love, what with how busy you all must be with Empyrean and New War, Rail Jack and everything else with the game. I'm no game dev, but as a business man I can sort of understand not allocating a ton of work to a frame that makes up such a small % of your use-age stats. Not to mention, Vauban and Ember could really use some touch-ups. I get it.

Its a big part of why I love this game, I really do. The team behind this game is awesome.... The gameplay, balancing, and to an extent, the grind, even- as well as this community. Even when I'm not in a mission, I can get so much form just chatting with people about builds, or making deals in trade-chat- being helpful in region or recruit has been a great way for me to pass the time. As someone who loves to trade, I can usually earn all the platinum I need off deals with other players, though I do occasionally make use of the discounts you offer through the login system. I can't think of anything I seriously *detest* about the game, and its definitely one of the best I've ever had the privilege to play.

For those reasons, and despite my internal clock saying I shouldn't, you'll still be getting 140$ USD from Floridaman later today, this time. 

I can only hope that somewhere down the line, or maybe if we're lucky enough, rolled out with some community feedback in the coming months, come a few nice touch-ups, maybe a set of useful augments, or perhaps a kit rework to some of his less stellar abilities. He doesn't need much- I can't argue against what I've been able to pull off with this lad of Rock and Stone, but a little love for him would be adored.

At the very least, from this Tenno.

Coming back here to say that a part of this bit of feedback were slightly pre-mature, and rather than edit my previous post I'd rather own up to it;

His IN-GAME prime stats are actually far better than any preview let on. Atlas prime has a gained most note-ably, 75 base health, among other boons.
unknown.pngunknown.png
(Atlas Prime on the left vs his non-prime Counterpart) 

These are actually far better stats than I was expecting him to receive- 175 base HP is more than even Nidus, so in current-day Atlas Prime has the most base HP of any frame in the game bar Inaros at this point, and the extra shields and energy are nice to have as well. 

I still don't personally feel like this Prime Access was to the same tier as some of the other more recent ones with the actual exclusives it offered, and while he does still have the problems many people have identified (some love to his kit and augments would still be appreciated later down the line), the fact of his prime having stats worth caring about and the syndana being touched up (Along with his rumblers retaining prime details, thanks for that!) make Atlas Prime atleast a little more interesting. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-25 at 2:14 AM, [DE]Helen said:

98df2f886efd1e479c87649a65cbdfe1.jpg

Embody the herculean strength of the mountain with Atlas Prime. This titanic warrior comes with the Tekko Prime, the Dethcube Prime Sentinel and more!

d8ee5b9c47253472b76aa36a336ece16.jpg

Atlas Prime Access Features

• Atlas Prime: In bygone ages, mountains were said to house warriors. In this age, the mountain has become the warrior. Featuring altered mod polarities for greater customization.
  • Tekko Prime: As merciless and indestructible as Atlas Prime himself, Tekko Prime crushes and splits with tectonic force.
  • Dethcube Prime: With 'Assault Mode' and 'Vaporize' as default precepts, Dethcube Prime is the apex of lethal support.
  • Deth Machine Rifle Prime: Signature default weapon of Dethcube Prime.
  • Atlas Prime Glyphs: Display your Atlas Prime loyalty.

d2a143dd8f06d2dcbe4d49ad76e98257.jpg

Atlas Prime Accessories

Blueprints for Atlas Prime, Tekko Prime and Dethcube Prime can also be earned in-game through Relics!

Atlas Prime Access begins October 1 on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. For full regional dates for PS4, please see below:

• October 1: America
  • October 2: Europe & Asia
  • October 3: Japan

I know this is off topic but can anyone help me get my operator because I really want one if so add me on Xbox one AwesomeJay58 then friend me and message me thanks

I had meant to post this weeks ago, but with Ivara Prime on the way, I felt it was now or never. Not that I expect Atlas to get any attention this year, given the work on Empyrean and the New War. Oh well, those two updates will probably make up for the dust collecting on my Atlas Prime.

Archived