Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime Access is Live!

[DE]Helen

The 7 day mod booster is a nice addition but is there any chance of swapping boosters between packs. I like picking up the accessories packs but those boosters are pretty wasted on me right now and I doubt I am the only one. Would be nice if they rotated between a few different booster types or let us pick between a few different options.

14 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Dethcube being able to generate energy isn't as good as ammo case or the ability to scan things. I mean Arcane Energize & Zenurik make up for that anyways. If Dethcube you know had a better primed regen as one of its precepts, maybe it'd be more useful

Scanning things is only useful up to a point and a lot of weapons are ammo efficient enough to not need a weaker ammo mutation. Combine that with the fact that orbs actually synergize with Zenurik, Arcane Energize, Energy Conversion and Equilibrium and the fact that orbs are one of two ways to gain energy while channeling and there are definitely reasons to chose it as your support sentinel over Helios Prime or Carrier Prime.

*when my boi get's primed* ...
In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the Night Sentients, and those that tasted the bite of his fist named him... the Doom Slayer.

*cough* I mean... yay.

*rip and tear silently starts in the background*

34 minutes ago, Me.Church said:

I don't think I like the Mod Drop Chance Booster being a thing in Prime Accessories. Would love to have more information on that from a dev ples.

This is a slow and experimental change to our tried and true PA formula that doesn't disrupt the existing prices, but gives those who support us first access to something new in the program. It's a bonus 7-day Mod Drop Chance, which doubles a given enemies chance at dropping a Mod (i.e kill a unit with a 20% chance, expect that to double).  A lot of feedback has been 'swap out the boosters', so instead of completely swapping we're just adding a bonus for now (and a new type at that). Hoping to see Resource enter the formula as well later one, but one step at a time.

Also relevant comment:

Yep, introduce it in other ways for sure, first access in PA, though (maybe Baro will bring it on a visit! Maybe a Nightwave reward! Refresh Sortie rewards?!)!

21 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

BONUS: 7-Day Mod Drop Chance Booster

Is this an out of season april fools joke? Is this Mod Drop Chance Booster going to be in the game to buy with platinum? If not then tell us what % has, the usual 50% or more?

If this is not going to be in the game then congrats you just made this game a bit P2W because you are telling people: "Yo, you want to get faster Condition Overload mod or any mod with trash rates? Then buy Atlas Prime Access and get now a Mod Drop Chance Booster to double the chances of mod drops".

After so many years why we don't have an option to select what booster we want...people are already MR 27 and for them Credits and Affinity are useless, they already have everything maxed out. Do we actually need a big YouTuber to make a video about this to make this change possible?

"How are we, the player base, supposed to take you seriously when it comes to criticizing the game if all it takes to get something we want is to get a big name personality to play the game, say something and step away."

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a slow and experimental change to our tried and true PA formula that doesn't disrupt the existing prices, but gives those who support us first access to something new in the program. It's a bonus 7-day Mod Drop Chance, which doubles a given enemies chance at dropping a Mod (i.e kill a unit with a 20% chance, expect that to double).  A lot of feedback has been 'swap out the boosters', so instead of completely swapping we're just adding a bonus for now (and a new type at that). Hoping to see Resource enter the formula as well later one, but one step at a time.

Thanks for responding. Alright, well I can understand the reasoning behind that. But people are already saying that it feels pay-to-win-ish and I personally doubt that's the intention here. So I'm assuming that the intent is to observe and then perhaps add this particular booster item to the in-game market at some point so that everyone will have access to it in some manner. 

Otherwise, I will also say that that prime accessories pack feels a little on the light side, similar to how the initial Mesa Prime accessories pack felt.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I appreciate the insight Rebecca, but I think it's important to take a look at the feedback from all POV and adding some numeric sense as well: Most people don't really mind the boosters, but it's true there's a vocal part that could do with something else. Ideally, allowing to choose the booster type would be the best course of action, but I understand why it's hard to do.

Additionally, and since you bring up the value of Prime Accessories, it's important to note that with Mesa's alt helmet addition and Wukong's companion skin + Syandana + Ephemera combo the value is quite uneven right now. In fact after those accesses it would be important to have a discussion about what equals the "Armor + Syandana" pack and the overall quality of the accessories (ie lack of channeling VFX recent packs).

Was going to make a topic, but I think this can do for now (and I barely have time lul). Thanks for your time as always 🙂

2 minutes ago, Me.Church said:

So I'm assuming that the intent is to observe and then perhaps add this particular booster item to the in-game market at some point so that everyone will have access to it in some manner. 

Yep, introduce it in other ways for sure, first access in PA, though (maybe Baro will bring it on a visit! Maybe a Nightwave reward! Refresh Sortie rewards?!)!

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:
  • BONUS: 7-Day Mod Drop Chance Booster

So, this is going to drive down the demand and prices of mods in the market (of course, depending upon how popular it becomes). Not an issue for paying players. But for free players, they will now have a tough time earning plats by selling mods. This might have been a good strategy had mods not been tradeable.

My attempt at a Ballas Narration: 

“War is terrible, but necessary. Some would no doubt say that ‘war is our sculptor.’. But what if... the sculptor’s stone came to you? Stone can build a house, or crush a skull, as long as it’s shaped properly. Now I shape a warrior of the Stone.

I call him... Atlas.”

Archived