Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime Access is Live!

[DE]Helen

3 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

Scanning things is only useful up to a point and a lot of weapons are ammo efficient enough to not need a weaker ammo mutation. Combine that with the fact that orbs actually synergize with Zenurik, Arcane Energize, Energy Conversion and Equilibrium and the fact that orbs are one of two ways to gain energy while channeling and there are definitely reasons to chose it as your support sentinel over Helios Prime or Carrier Prime.

Why not tweak the Dethcube (when equipped Energy generator) into one shot per target and switch another to proc and increases the viability of the energy generator precept. (Or as in newer attack precept exclusive to itself)

Not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for cosmetics and buy every single Prime Accessories pack on my PS4 account, but this mod drop chance booster perhaps takes it a bit far.  My absolute greatest fear is that this new booster will give DE the excuse to further nerf drop rates.  Vengeful Revenant, where art thou? 🤢

7 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

Why not tweak the Dethcube (when equipped Energy generator) into one shot per target and switch another to proc and increases the viability of the energy generator precept. (Or as in newer attack precept exclusive to itself)

I am not really clear on what you are suggesting here. Do you think it should generate an orb with every assist or have a chance to like the one that generates health orbs? It would also be really weird to give it an exclusive attack precept given that up until now all attack precepts have only varied in range. IMO, 10 assists is as actually fine. Throw a sweeper on it and stack punch through and zoom mods on it and you will be generating a lot of orbs.

Having thought about it some more... there is an irony in adding in mod drop chance booster after nerfing the 'meta' farming squads.  The meta squad was basically doing the exact same thing as this mod but the difference was the meta wasn't a 'paid for' item..... that farming nerf is kind of making more sense now and it really does make it seem like the nerf was in preparation for this new booster, and tbh that's pretty underhanded in all honesty.

I know you got to make your money somewhere DE but you know you could actually put out some new content instead of nerfing the meta to try and flog a new booster. 

26 minutes ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

Is the Tekko the first signature weapon to be primed? I was under the impression these items wouldn't ever get primed. Akzani with Mirage comes to mind as a missed opportunity.

Any Tenno weapon is eligible to be primed. Not sure where you got the idea that "signature weapons" aren't eligible just because they didn't prime the AKZani.

2 hours ago, Yahzee said:

Did you even care to read Reb's response right above your rant?. Gee...

I was writing my comment, I don't refresh the page and wait for any [DE] to explain something after 1 or 2 hours how they usually do instead of explaining what they want to do in the first post. Also she said " A lot of feedback has been 'swap out the boosters', so instead of completely swapping we're just adding a bonus for now "

So instead of doing the most simple request we have with PA just swap out the boosters or make it in a way that we select what we want, they are doing something that nobody from this entire galaxy told them to do. Great job [DE], sure a lot of players are going to buy PA now that you put this BONUS...

Wow this BONUS may come with Baro, really? This is a good example and I expect a lot of people to know this. Prova Vandal was saw at Baro in 2018 September, do you know when it came out again? July 19 2019, after 10 months, almost 1 year, so what now players need to wait that time to buy those bonuses from PA?

With Nightwave [DE] didn't even put Nightwave past rewards to be bought from present Nightwave how they told us at Tennocon that they will do in future, well nobody knows when this Nightwave is ending so instead of those Aura, Skins, Helmets why didn't we had this things to buy

Spoiler

Saturn Six Sigil
Wolf of Saturn Six – Glyph (Light) and Wolf of Saturn Six – Glyph (Dark)
The Wolf Noggle Statue
Saturn Six Emblem
Wolf Salute Emote
Wild Frenzy Mod
Wolf Scrawl
Bursting Mass Mod
Nightwave Emblem
Napalm Grenades Mod
Saturn Six Captura Scene
Wolf Howl Emote
Saturn Six Syandana
Saturn Six Armor Set

Just swap them every week, it's not that hard or maybe it is since we still don't have or saw at least one time Mother and Norg Mask at Nakak.

Great news. I have been joking about Atlas Prime since late 2015 and now is my second most played warframe. Kinda fell in love with this sturdy underdog. 

I will slap my saved up Umbral forma on him. Deathcube Prime might be worth a look because the Synth Deconstruct and Sheperd make having a shooting sentinel fun again.

Wow... double the 0.002% drop chance of a mod... what a deal!

This Fodder Access will last for what? 20-30 days? I'm betting this will be the shortest access of all time... at least Atlas/Tekko/Deathcube will be popular for 3 to 5 days... "No Hydron October" is officially starting in one week.

13 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

Wow... double the 0.002% drop chance of a mod... what a deal!

This Fodder Access will last for what? 20-30 days? I'm betting this will be the shortest access of all time... at least Atlas/Tekko/Deathcube will be popular for 3 to 5 days... "No Hydron October" is officially starting in one week.

Prime access is always roughly 3 months.

I was excited up until I saw the trailer, I have to admit, mostly because there was no indication that Tectonics or Rumblers got any attention between Atlas' rework in Update 22.12 (February 9th, 2018) and now. Please, allow Atlas to make multiple Bulwarks by default by tapping 2 and turn them all into boulders by holding it. Allowing the Rumblers to mirror or otherwise interact with Atlas' casts the way that Wukong's Celestial Twin does would also give them some much-needed life.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yep, introduce it in other ways for sure, first access in PA, though (maybe Baro will bring it on a visit! Maybe a Nightwave reward! Refresh Sortie rewards?!)!

I think it feels bad for some people because of the nerf that happened with the looter frames abilities. You guys said you'd do a "kick" and a "hug" after that, but I don't think this is a very good "hug." I know your plates are full with Railjack and New War, and while it's quicker to do this mod drop chance booster than some other things for loot drop chances, I think it's sending the wrong message because of timing.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Having thought about it some more... there is an irony in adding in mod drop chance booster after nerfing the 'meta' farming squads.  The meta squad was basically doing the exact same thing as this mod but the difference was the meta wasn't a 'paid for' item..... that farming nerf is kind of making more sense now and it really does make it seem like the nerf was in preparation for this new booster, and tbh that's pretty underhanded in all honesty.

I know you got to make your money somewhere DE but you know you could actually put out some new content instead of nerfing the meta to try and flog a new booster. 

Even the arbitration endo drop changes seem in preparation for this booster since endo is treated as mods and their drop is not boosted by the existing resource boosters. No amount of "maths" can convince me that the endo drops have not deteriorated since the arbitration changes as I have been consistently getting lower endo returns even after factoring the ortas for my recent arbitration runs. It seems they plowed the field to plant this booster.

3 hours ago, Thural said:

drop chance doesn't affect guaranteed drops

there is more common and less common drops, it will make the rare (growing powers) more common over the silver mods. Just because A mod is guaranteed it doesn't mean it will be growing power. It does matter to a degree.

BONUS: 7-Day Mod Drop Chance Booster

This is a slow and experimental change to our tried and true PA formula that doesn't disrupt the existing prices, but gives those who support us first access to something new in the program. It's a bonus 7-day Mod Drop Chance, which doubles a given enemies chance at dropping a Mod (i.e kill a unit with a 20% chance, expect that to double).  A lot of feedback has been 'swap out the boosters', so instead of completely swapping we're just adding a bonus for now (and a new type at that). Hoping to see Resource enter the formula as well later one, but one step at a time.

I'm just gotta say I totally didn't expect a twist like this. I'd say I couldn't care less if it wasn't for recent farming frames nerfs. I won't believe you didn't see the backlash coming, not after a bad track record. No matter how much I respect (there's respect and there's truth) you or the game, you did have a long list of fishy screw-ups. And it surprises me you didn't even try to prepare the grounds/crowd, not after the nerfs.

2 hours ago, DragonulRed said:

Wow this BONUS may come with Baro, really? This is a good example and I expect a lot of people to know this. Prova Vandal was saw at Baro in 2018 September, do you know when it came out again? July 19 2019, after 10 months, almost 1 year, so what now players need to wait that time to buy those bonuses from PA?

This reminds me about those operator masks they put in Nakak's stock. But (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think they were available for purchase since then.

To think, the perfect example of Valve Time DE Time or DE's ETA would be the infamous Primed Chamber which they keep claiming as `a not exclusive thing`, yet here we are - it remains so one way or another, being gifted as 1-3 copies occasionally once a year. So, yeah, they try to keep it exclusive or at least like some pearl. It's not a drop from Eidolons or Orb-Mothers / ESO / Simaris tasks or stock / Sortie / Disruption etc. There are many ways to re-introduce it while keeping it rewarding, yet they either continue treating it like like a bait for whales or they are afraid to piss said whales off who threw in so much cash for the mod. They have already released Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal (and this one was a promised exclusive 'thank you' for CBTesters).

Or...

I wonder if people remember how it was literally impossible to breed a Chesa kubrow if you've upgraded your incubator via in-game segment drop (which ironically came out at the same time)

Spoiler

The biggest irony is that devs ignored all reports that something is feeling wrong or fishy, not until VoiD_Glitch shared some info leading to conclusion that you simply can't breed it because there are no sections for Chesa at all. And only then, after another confirmation people have contacted DE staff via PM with datamine proof(!) to report it. Is it shady? Yes. Was it intentional? Nobody knows. But by that moment (and even stronger by now) it was well-known that DE can play dirty (especially with the farming warframes. Just a remainder: they started it by themselves with Nekros. They escalated it by themselves by releasing more farming-specific frames and augments. And then they let it run for way too long. Now they're nerfing it for Nth time to get backlash). But then again, at the end of the day it all comes down to juts one thing - money. The only difference is how fair and friendly you do it.

Maybe and SOON in Warframe? These pretty much are the equivalents of Black Mesa's Xen release date.

I'm not salty or mad, I'm just being pessimistic after all the stuff I've witnessed since 2013.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a slow and experimental change to our tried and true PA formula that doesn't disrupt the existing prices, but gives those who support us first access to something new in the program. It's a bonus 7-day Mod Drop Chance, which doubles a given enemies chance at dropping a Mod (i.e kill a unit with a 20% chance, expect that to double).  A lot of feedback has been 'swap out the boosters', so instead of completely swapping we're just adding a bonus for now (and a new type at that). Hoping to see Resource enter the formula as well later one, but one step at a time.

Also relevant comment:

Yep, introduce it in other ways for sure, first access in PA, though (maybe Baro will bring it on a visit! Maybe a Nightwave reward...

Awesome now that 1and 2% drop for that mod that I wanted I will get now......😑😑😑😑 really E.A. oops I mean D.E. smh it's like yong them say they make the problem and sell u the solution. And if people have forgotten they nerf the warframe farming team. Say they will look into it. Guess they did.😑😑😑😑 we pay for it

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly... this kind of feels like 'pay to win' imo...

Many of us already feel that some items in the game have too low a drop rate but instead of fixing the issue by increasing the drop chances, DE come up with what can only be described as a 'cash grab' which then gives a band aid to the problem... and to be fair moving something from like 0.5% to 1% (kinetic diversion from aerial commander for example) in the worst case scenarios isn't really going to help matters much.

It only stands out because it's new.

Resource boosters are way worse, people are just used to them and like when their smeeta works on something.

4 hours ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Atlas. Tekko.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time that a Prime is coming with the Primed variant of the same weapon they were launched with?

They weren't that keen on signature weapons being, well, signature before. Signature passives are a pretty recent thing, but since that pretty much ties weapons to their respective owners, we can now fully expect major changes to Prime Access usual randomness starting a little over a year from now, since Octavia is almost guaranteed to bring Tenora and Pandero Prime with her (estimated Prime release - winter 2020), followed by Gara (estimate Prime ~spring 2021) who comes with THREE signature weapons - simply because it would make zero sense to Prime signature weapons without their frames. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3:

“War is terrible, but necessary. Some would no doubt say that ‘war is our sculptor.’. But what if... the sculptor’s stone came to you? Stone can build a house, or crush a skull, as long as it’s shaped properly. Now I shape a warrior of the Stone.

I call him... Atlas.”

DE should just voice-over that in the trailer. Sounds awesome. 🙂

4 hours ago, xRufus7x said:

I am not really clear on what you are suggesting here. Do you think it should generate an orb with every assist or have a chance to like the one that generates health orbs? It would also be really weird to give it an exclusive attack precept given that up until now all attack precepts have only varied in range. IMO, 10 assists is as actually fine. Throw a sweeper on it and stack punch through and zoom mods on it and you will be generating a lot of orbs.

Its more like "marking" the enemy if the dethcube has Energy Generator precept. So he can mark more people for you to accumulate the points instead the sentinel only shoot one guy until he dies.

I must say, please dont let that booster through.  
Reserve it for special events, selling it through PA or even just the market or baro is very much adding P2W into the game, where boosters have normally been towing that line, a mod chance booster is absolutely a p2w mtx.  

It's especially bad considering loot frame combos have been nerfed heavily this year, so on top of how horrible an idea it is, the timing couldnt possibly be worse.

5 hours ago, --Sovereign-- said:

Disappointing. A very low effort trailer, not even narrated, and without the primed rumblers in it. C'mon DE, you can do better.

Eh better than no trailer and I would have been surprisingly OK with no trailer. 

If I was to wager a guess the Rumblers probably just weren't polished sufficiently for the render. 

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Also relevant comment:

Yep, introduce it in other ways for sure, first access in PA, though (maybe Baro will bring it on a visit! Maybe a Nightwave reward! Refresh Sortie rewards?!)!

How, if at all, is the Mod Drop Chance booster planned to interact with endo drops (endo being treated as a mod for drop tables and existing resource boosters)?

Archived