Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime Access is Live!

[DE]Helen

After my 6+ years of playing the game, I've managed just fine without a booster (you pay for) to up your chance for mod drops from enemies. Why is this coming up now?

There's a 3% chance of a Drekar Butcher dropping a mod with a 0.67% chance of it being Condition Overload. All that this Mod drop chance booster would do is double the chance of a mod dropping (to 6%) but with the same minuscule chance of .67% for Condition Overload. And for enemies with 100% mod drop chance, what would it do for them? Drop two mods instead of one? Or would enemies with 100% chances be unaffected by this boost?

Honestly, I do not understand the reasoning behind the introduction of this booster, experimental or not. Appearing right after loot frame double dips being nerfed makes this feel all the more unnecessary. Why introduce a booster to double the mod drop chance on an enemy, instead of just reverting those changes? What is wrong with players finding ways to streamline a farm / grind? Is it because you can't slap a price tag on it?

I really don't like where this is going... please consider rethinking introducing a booster like this to your game. I really don't want to see mechanics stripped and resold to players. I care about this game too much to not speak up.

10 hours ago, (NSW)JayFr3d said:

I know we got like 48 hours but does anyone hapoen to know where these relics will come from ? I wanna mentally prep for the long haul lol. Imma buy one pack for my bday, and farm 2 for my bro and a buddy. 

You're gonna farm the relics the same place you've farmed the others.

Just look up how to farm Axi, Neo, Meso and Lith relics, there's no specific place for the new relics, unless DE for some reason decides to put the relics on the bounties in Fortuna or Cetus, in which case you'll only know when the PA hits the game.

For users giving feedback on the mod booster, please see: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1131506-the-mod-booster-and-free-to-play/

5 minutes ago, Jackdarsan said:

"Blueprints for Atlas Prime, Tekko Prime and Dethcube Prime can also be earned in-game through Relics!"

if anyone finds out before this goes live, let us know please. 

What are you wanting to know? When the primes will be available?

There will be a hotfix/update during Tuesday (Tuesday, DE time) before the new primes become drop-able which happens everytime a new prime is added.

2 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

For users giving feedback on the mod booster, please see: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1131506-the-mod-booster-and-free-to-play/

What are you wanting to know? When the primes will be available?

There will be a hotfix/update during Tuesday (Tuesday, DE time) before the new primes become drop-able which happens everytime a new prime is added.

Thanks NovusNova, I am after which relics will have Atlas Prime, Tekko Prime and Deathcube Prime. 

If that information is not available yet, i guess I'll just need to wait for tomorrow.  

Ok but why would i get Atlas Prime when the only difference with the base is 25 additional armor and 1 point of sprint speed? I really hope these stats are not final because this makes it the most pathetic Prime upgrade ever. Before him Trinity got the short end of the stick but even she got 150 additional shields.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb DLOArceus:

Ok but why would i get Atlas Prime when the only difference with the base is 25 additional armor and 1 point of sprint speed? I really hope these stats are not final because this makes it the most pathetic Prime upgrade ever. Before him Trinity got the short end of the stick but even she got 150 additional shields.

The Prime Design? 

Le 28/09/2019 à 10:51, ShogunNoir a dit :

Mod Drop Chance Booster?

I'm getting pretty tired of companies selling 'convenience' instead of adjusting the grind. 

What grind ? "Grinding" to get your condition overload is a pretty dumb move especially if you don't want to run such missions in the first place. You could sell anything valuable and trade it instead, at least that's how things work when we can trade stuff - many players are doing that instead of whining about DE being an upteenth Eviicorp or whatever.

I'm also baffled by all of this laments around a booster since it'll basically make mods even cheaper to trade. It's not a lifechanger and doesn't ruin players experience either. Perhaps people wouldn't freak out if they understood that there's no grind in this game, the only grind you do is the one you're craving.

Coming here to say 2 things:

A: All-Might Prime is HERE! Delayed by Wukong, and put by the wayside by most of the community, but the mountain has come to us, *AtlasT*. I am very excited....or, I would be. I can't not be, though, right? Frame I put thousands of hours of fun and work into, is both primed, looks cool, and might actually get some playtime from the community!

B: Except....I have to say that if this was ANY other warframe- if this wasn't the same Atlas I've put thousands of hours into, I don't think I'd bother farming him, let alone buying the PA.

Let alone just how much I've run Atlas (to the point I haven't even bothered leveling MOST things), the stats on their own would detract me from caring.

.1 sprint speed, and ***25*** armor? When he has a passive 450 (Couldn't have even been enough to be the 2nd highest in the game, behind Valk prime?) AND an additional sustainable ~1200-1300 effectively at BASE (and I think we can all agree you don't play Atlas if you want to go fast)- what actual benefit is there to these stats? More health, More Energy, MAYBE a DECENT amount of armor on a Bruiser frame, or perhaps going the nidus route and gaining some passive Ability % increases, but these stats are a SERIOUS letdown. My only hope is that nudged in there somewhere is a rework, and/or a buff to Atlas's abilities (Like the almost pointless 5% Crit and Status chance he has, in this stage of Warframe, or perhaps something actually seriously useful for a 2?)

(I've made a few threads for community feedback, and some really great ideas have sprouted there, would love for you to take a look if you can spare the time of day)

The prime access itself is coming with a Sentinel I've never cared to test with (so, a personal problem on that front), a cavalcade of accessories for that sentinel (that, imo, don't even look nice), 1 warframe cosmetic being an alright syndana, and then Atlas and his Tekko- Do I as a player really want to pay 140$ USD for a decent bit of plat, farm-able gear, an "alright" syndana? Not even a cool set of like, part-rock armor for thematic sake- nothing for your operator, an alt helm, an ephemera? Anything?

I don't care about or need the boosters- MR 17 with millions of credits, I can do just about everything in this game, BAR trade 20+ times a day or summon level 150 enemies in a testing realm. The moddrop chance booster has been roasted enough, and all its going to mean for me is a slight bit more endo. The plat is basically whatever, I make mine off the market. I'm sitting on 140$ in steam waiting for this PA to arrive, and I almost feel like, the more I think about it, the more it feels like a waste.

On the side note of being let down, more and more as I've advanced into warframe's "End-game", I've found that while I can play the game and have fun with Atlas (he is definitely both an under-appreciated and under-used frame- You can't play thousands of hours with a character and say "he's bad to play" or demand a buff), it honestly feels like his kit just doesn't ....Flow. At all. I'd hazard a guess that's why he's under-used. Wisp has been the first frame to actually seriously impact my Atlas use, partially due to how much synergy she has.

Looking at the frame himself:
Atlas has the major redeeming feat of: Being immortal while punching, having 350 base all impact damage on his 1, and having landslides 0-2-4. His updated petrify is a good Crowd control ability, and a setup of decent passives. 

That....that's about it. His wall is basically pointless (I think of the hundreds of thousands of abilities I've used, Wall wouldn't even makeup 400-500), and his Rumblers are, for lack of a better word, a box of rocks. Rubble is a decent system, but its blocky and clunky. He doesn't have a standout pool of health, or energy, or shields, or anything other than 3rd highest base AC. While he has that 450 armor at base, does that really compare to the other "tank" frames and what they can survive through? Is 25 armor REALLY going to make a difference here?

Lets compare him to Khora and Gara, rather than drawing lines to Rhino or Inaros or Niderp.

Start with Khora. Her "exalted" does 300 points Ips, but has 25% CC and 20% SC to Atlas's ....5% and...5%. She has multiple CC options, from her ability to chain down 1 target to her hole Christmas tree of pain, and then she has Venari- arguably the best summon-able ally in the game (Glaring at wukong right now....) Not only that, but Khora has much more ability synergy to work with- where I get rubble from killing petrified people, and a measly bit more from Landslide as Atlas, she can use her Dome to bounce damage around, use Venari to support people other than herself, and has the "passive" effect of *2* companions. Not only that, she has actually decent Augments. Accumulating Whipclaw and her loot mod for her Christmas dome come to mind.

Tell me, what of Atlas's 4 augments are worth using?

We've got:
Discount 3 but its unreliable and single target
Pointless bulwarks, the Trilogy
The single *worst* loot augment in the game (to the point people forget it even exists)
and the only real decent one IMO, after it's recent buff
1 BIG rockboi.

Gara is something entirely different! She has 800 (of her choice, Puncture or slash) damage on her "Exalted" (If you're keeping track, well over double atlas and Khora, albeit without Atlas's 0-2-4, but it is Slash and puncture- so no 25% penalty to Flesh), amazing Crowd control, amazing team support in the form of 90% damage resistance boons, and all the synergy in the world. She has an augment for energy generation, and her Vitrify is incredibly similar to Petrify in its workings and bonus damage given- Meanwhile, her's is a 360* circle, mine is....what, a 60-90* cone? Her passive is a bit weird, but all in all, stats wise, it *might* be a fair assumption Gara is just better mathematically. 

The short summary of it is, no matter how much I adore the rocky lad, I can't help but feel....saddened by his less than stellar arrival. His prime stats are a joke, his PA is honestly just not worth it- the "exclusives" boil down to a weird looking sentinel set and an OK syndana. It's like you were told a party was being thrown, and then when you get there, there's 1 person with a party horn and a 2 week old cake from the local mart. Its still your birthday, its still a great day, but a lot of the luster and light is MIA.

I can accept the fact maybe he just didn't see enough love, what with how busy you all must be with Empyrean and New War, Rail Jack and everything else with the game. I'm no game dev, but as a business man I can sort of understand not allocating a ton of work to a frame that makes up such a small % of your use-age stats. Not to mention, Vauban and Ember could really use some touch-ups. I get it.

Its a big part of why I love this game, I really do. The team behind this game is awesome.... The gameplay, balancing, and to an extent, the grind, even- as well as this community. Even when I'm not in a mission, I can get so much form just chatting with people about builds, or making deals in trade-chat- being helpful in region or recruit has been a great way for me to pass the time. As someone who loves to trade, I can usually earn all the platinum I need off deals with other players, though I do occasionally make use of the discounts you offer through the login system. I can't think of anything I seriously *detest* about the game, and its definitely one of the best I've ever had the privilege to play.

For those reasons, and despite my internal clock saying I shouldn't, you'll still be getting 140$ USD from Floridaman later today, this time. 

I can only hope that somewhere down the line, or maybe if we're lucky enough, rolled out with some community feedback in the coming months, come a few nice touch-ups, maybe a set of useful augments, or perhaps a kit rework to some of his less stellar abilities. He doesn't need much- I can't argue against what I've been able to pull off with this lad of Rock and Stone, but a little love for him would be adored.

At the very least, from this Tenno.

11 minutes ago, DConagher said:

Not even a cool set of like, part-rock armor for thematic sake- nothing for your operator, an alt helm, an ephemera? Anything?

A crystal/mineral rock trail ephemera would've been really cool. Hopefully they surprise us with another accessory or miraculously give the syandana some channeling at least. They gotta do something about these prime accessories packs because they should always have good accessories and they could easily be worth the $50 if they just put a little more effort. 

3 hours ago, DConagher said:

Coming here to say 2 things:

A: All-Might Prime is HERE! Delayed by Wukong, and put by the wayside by most of the community, but the mountain has come to us, *AtlasT*. I am very excited....or, I would be. I can't not be, though, right? Frame I put thousands of hours of fun and work into, is both primed, looks cool, and might actually get some playtime from the community!

B: Except....I have to say that if this was ANY other warframe- if this wasn't the same Atlas I've put thousands of hours into, I don't think I'd bother farming him, let alone buying the PA.

Let alone just how much I've run Atlas (to the point I haven't even bothered leveling MOST things), the stats on their own would detract me from caring.

.1 sprint speed, and ***25*** armor? When he has a passive 450 (Couldn't have even been enough to be the 2nd highest in the game, behind Valk prime?) AND an additional sustainable ~1200-1300 effectively at BASE (and I think we can all agree you don't play Atlas if you want to go fast)- what actual benefit is there to these stats? More health, More Energy, MAYBE a DECENT amount of armor on a Bruiser frame, or perhaps going the nidus route and gaining some passive Ability % increases, but these stats are a SERIOUS letdown. My only hope is that nudged in there somewhere is a rework, and/or a buff to Atlas's abilities (Like the almost pointless 5% Crit and Status chance he has, in this stage of Warframe, or perhaps something actually seriously useful for a 2?)

(I've made a few threads for community feedback, and some really great ideas have sprouted there, would love for you to take a look if you can spare the time of day)

The prime access itself is coming with a Sentinel I've never cared to test with (so, a personal problem on that front), a cavalcade of accessories for that sentinel (that, imo, don't even look nice), 1 warframe cosmetic being an alright syndana, and then Atlas and his Tekko- Do I as a player really want to pay 140$ USD for a decent bit of plat, farm-able gear, an "alright" syndana? Not even a cool set of like, part-rock armor for thematic sake- nothing for your operator, an alt helm, an ephemera? Anything?

I don't care about or need the boosters- MR 17 with millions of credits, I can do just about everything in this game, BAR trade 20+ times a day or summon level 150 enemies in a testing realm. The moddrop chance booster has been roasted enough, and all its going to mean for me is a slight bit more endo. The plat is basically whatever, I make mine off the market. I'm sitting on 140$ in steam waiting for this PA to arrive, and I almost feel like, the more I think about it, the more it feels like a waste.

On the side note of being let down, more and more as I've advanced into warframe's "End-game", I've found that while I can play the game and have fun with Atlas (he is definitely both an under-appreciated and under-used frame- You can't play thousands of hours with a character and say "he's bad to play" or demand a buff), it honestly feels like his kit just doesn't ....Flow. At all. I'd hazard a guess that's why he's under-used. Wisp has been the first frame to actually seriously impact my Atlas use, partially due to how much synergy she has.

Looking at the frame himself:
Atlas has the major redeeming feat of: Being immortal while punching, having 350 base all impact damage on his 1, and having landslides 0-2-4. His updated petrify is a good Crowd control ability, and a setup of decent passives. 

That....that's about it. His wall is basically pointless (I think of the hundreds of thousands of abilities I've used, Wall wouldn't even makeup 400-500), and his Rumblers are, for lack of a better word, a box of rocks. Rubble is a decent system, but its blocky and clunky. He doesn't have a standout pool of health, or energy, or shields, or anything other than 3rd highest base AC. While he has that 450 armor at base, does that really compare to the other "tank" frames and what they can survive through? Is 25 armor REALLY going to make a difference here?

Lets compare him to Khora and Gara, rather than drawing lines to Rhino or Inaros or Niderp.

Start with Khora. Her "exalted" does 300 points Ips, but has 25% CC and 20% SC to Atlas's ....5% and...5%. She has multiple CC options, from her ability to chain down 1 target to her hole Christmas tree of pain, and then she has Venari- arguably the best summon-able ally in the game (Glaring at wukong right now....) Not only that, but Khora has much more ability synergy to work with- where I get rubble from killing petrified people, and a measly bit more from Landslide as Atlas, she can use her Dome to bounce damage around, use Venari to support people other than herself, and has the "passive" effect of *2* companions. Not only that, she has actually decent Augments. Accumulating Whipclaw and her loot mod for her Christmas dome come to mind.

Tell me, what of Atlas's 4 augments are worth using?

We've got:
Discount 3 but its unreliable and single target
Pointless bulwarks, the Trilogy
The single *worst* loot augment in the game (to the point people forget it even exists)
and the only real decent one IMO, after it's recent buff
1 BIG rockboi.

Gara is something entirely different! She has 800 (of her choice, Puncture or slash) damage on her "Exalted" (If you're keeping track, well over double atlas and Khora, albeit without Atlas's 0-2-4, but it is Slash and puncture- so no 25% penalty to Flesh), amazing Crowd control, amazing team support in the form of 90% damage resistance boons, and all the synergy in the world. She has an augment for energy generation, and her Vitrify is incredibly similar to Petrify in its workings and bonus damage given- Meanwhile, her's is a 360* circle, mine is....what, a 60-90* cone? Her passive is a bit weird, but all in all, stats wise, it *might* be a fair assumption Gara is just better mathematically. 

The short summary of it is, no matter how much I adore the rocky lad, I can't help but feel....saddened by his less than stellar arrival. His prime stats are a joke, his PA is honestly just not worth it- the "exclusives" boil down to a weird looking sentinel set and an OK syndana. It's like you were told a party was being thrown, and then when you get there, there's 1 person with a party horn and a 2 week old cake from the local mart. Its still your birthday, its still a great day, but a lot of the luster and light is MIA.

I can accept the fact maybe he just didn't see enough love, what with how busy you all must be with Empyrean and New War, Rail Jack and everything else with the game. I'm no game dev, but as a business man I can sort of understand not allocating a ton of work to a frame that makes up such a small % of your use-age stats. Not to mention, Vauban and Ember could really use some touch-ups. I get it.

Its a big part of why I love this game, I really do. The team behind this game is awesome.... The gameplay, balancing, and to an extent, the grind, even- as well as this community. Even when I'm not in a mission, I can get so much form just chatting with people about builds, or making deals in trade-chat- being helpful in region or recruit has been a great way for me to pass the time. As someone who loves to trade, I can usually earn all the platinum I need off deals with other players, though I do occasionally make use of the discounts you offer through the login system. I can't think of anything I seriously *detest* about the game, and its definitely one of the best I've ever had the privilege to play.

For those reasons, and despite my internal clock saying I shouldn't, you'll still be getting 140$ USD from Floridaman later today, this time. 

I can only hope that somewhere down the line, or maybe if we're lucky enough, rolled out with some community feedback in the coming months, come a few nice touch-ups, maybe a set of useful augments, or perhaps a kit rework to some of his less stellar abilities. He doesn't need much- I can't argue against what I've been able to pull off with this lad of Rock and Stone, but a little love for him would be adored.

At the very least, from this Tenno.

This guy gets it, I honestly couldn't have said it better myself, the more I think about it the less appealing this prime is and I've said from the very begining that I would buy Atlas's prime access but now...... I don't know man not enough stuff that's worth it, even the $50 accessory pack is really not appealing to me so I'm not sure what I want to do about it.  Unless they fix him or make his access more worth while they may loose me on this one and I'll just buy him off of someone with plat or something.

Do you hear that DE?  This access is not really worth the money, I know you can do better and you've had to in the past, why does Atlas, the frame that got pushed back for Wukong, get such a bad release?

Le 24/09/2019 à 20:20, Voltage a dit :

18,000 Mastery here we come! 🙂 

The mod drop chance booster shouldn't be a thing. Especially in this fashion. It implies the Prime Access is seen as underwhelming from DE, and an exclusive booster would be needed to entice people to buy this. Prime Access should never offer items that affect gameplay unless they can be farmed in-game or purchased with Platinum.

You red their article they released yesterday right ?
Saying that it can only be bought once, right ?
I don't know why you're complaining if it's not only for the sake of doing so ...

Plus they reverted the changes made to lootframes, so I really don't know why people are complaining

Archived