Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime Access is Live!

[DE]Helen

Question for DE:

When Atlas Prime access launched, it wasn't immediately available on Steam.

After an hour or so it was made available on Steam but I observed that the price for the Tectonics, and the Rumblers packs were more expensive in Steam that what were listed in the Warframe Prime Access store page. The prices listed for Atlas Prime Access packs in the Waframe PA store page were identical to the previous Wukong Prime Access packs.

Now upon checking after a few hours have passed, I noticed that the prices listed for the Tectonics, and the Rumblers packs in the Warframe PA store page have increased - and are now identical to the previously, more expensive listings in the Steam store page.

Was this price increase correct? Was the adjustment made only for regionally priced store pages? I hail from Philippines so I see the regional prices on both Steam and Warframe store pages. I saw another user (hailing from Malaysia) ask about a similar price increase observed for the packs here: 

Hello DE!

I'm still waiting for new content and some news about what and when new content will be delivery... 

After PoE the content is more and more scarce... We used to love the game because the game was changing fastely and improving...

Right now We are just sitting and waiting...

I hope you change the development cycle for what was before PoE.

Thank you!

Has anyone actually bought the Accessories pack? I think it's the first time in 4 years I have not bought it on immediate release, and the first time I'm questioning to even buy them. Checking the items in game I just feel it needs more...

The only reason I might buy them is if I get frustrated because the look doesn't really feel complete without them (ah, how I hate it when certain frames simply demand their own accessories to look "full"), but even the Citadella Prime had a nice (and thematic) channeling effect. Atlas accessories offer none of that.

I mean, I'm not even seeing a single YouTube video showcasing them outside DE's one, and there seems to be an opinion of, and I quote, "holding my wallet until i see something worth paying".

Like DE please, you guys rushed in a Mesa alt helmet for Operator accessories and a sugatra that were far more complete, something can be done, right?

5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Has anyone actually bought the Accessories pack? I think it's the first time in 4 years I have not bought it on immediate release, and the first time I'm questioning to even buy them. Checking the items in game I just feel it needs more...

The only reason I might buy them is if I get frustrated because the look doesn't really feel complete without them (ah, how I hate it when certain frames simply demand their own accessories to look "full"), but even the Citadella Prime had a nice (and thematic) channeling effect. Atlas accessories offer none of that.

I mean, I'm not even seeing a single YouTube video showcasing them outside DE's one, and there seems to be an opinion of, and I quote, "holding my wallet until i see something worth paying".

Like DE please, you guys rushed in a Mesa alt helmet for Operator accessories and a sugatra that were far more complete, something can be done, right?

I've been looking for a showcase of the accessories like you are. They're probably so bad that nobody wants to buy them. I hope DE does something about this because I have to get every accessory since I'm a crazed collector of them. xD

I mean... have you seen the Orcus mask? Absolutely no detail on the back of it like there are no other sentinels except Dethcube.

I just hope people start speaking up about this because I feel like nobody holds DE accountable for this.

12 hours ago, YatogamiOdin said:

There were some missed opportunities with this release. No ability rework, no unique FX for Atlas himself (though his Rumblers look nicer now, at least), no augment changes...

Indeed. And the rock coloring should just be a part of Atlas. Prime or not prime. Those rubble rocks are one of the biggest hindrances to making an Atlas look good. 

You want to do a whitish-blue icy-crystalline theme for Atlas? Well, too bad, the rocks stay brown. You want a green mossy-nature feel for Atlas? Too bad, the rocks stay brown. You want a red lava-rock Atlas? Too bad, the rocks stay brown. 

Though of course, the rocks on the Prime version could do more than just be color editable. Perhaps they can look meaningfully attached onto Atlas body, like armor plate that gradually expands and grows as you collect more rubble (like Iron Man's suit emerging from his arc reactor thanks to nanomachines, but for Atlas, it will be a bit slower, dependent on you picking up rubble)  instead of a mess of rocks hanging on here and there in bits and pieces. If Rhino Prime's iron skin looks different from normal Rhino's Iron Skin, I think Atlas Prime Rubble could also have some cosmetic variances from the normal. 

Plus they reused all of the old textures and the old models for his abilities except for his rumblers (unless you try to use a Tennogen skin then it uses the old rumblers), I mean really there's lazy and then there's DE's Atlas release.  I mean come on DE you put more visual effort into changing Rhino's Iron Skin then you did with Atlas's rock armor.  This is on a whole new level of "we don't care", just buff his stats a bit and charge people boatloads of money.  I've been looking forward to this release for at least a year but boy was this not even worth it.  Honestly the fact that the whole pack is just filled with garbage makes me wonder if DE is really going to do much in the future, I mean really DE has the statistics they could have easily made Atlas worth it and maybe even got more people interested in the frame especially considering how frustrating he is to get from his quest but no they make an ok visual upgrade and increase some base stats and call it a day.

My question to DE is why did you put more effort into the Deluxe skin then something that would have brought you guys more money?  For that matter why wasn't more done for said Deluxe skin, again all they changed was the rumblers and not the entire visual kit?  I just don't get DE at all.

4 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

I've been looking for a showcase of the accessories like you are. They're probably so bad that nobody wants to buy them. I hope DE does something about this because I have to get every accessory since I'm a crazed collector of them. xD

I mean... have you seen the Orcus mask? Absolutely no detail on the back of it like there are no other sentinels except Dethcube.

I just hope people start speaking up about this because I feel like nobody holds DE accountable for this.

Here's a video in motion by Tactical Potato. I gotta admit the Syandana seems to move nicely (although I'm detecting an excessive cloth collision area, so it behaves a bit weird):

5 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

They already have, but nothing changed, the Booster is still in the pack and still going to be buyable. the PA is lackluster and no rework for the frame either. I don't kown what else everything can do, cuz what else can people do how will we hold them accountable?  

You'll still have loyal players that will let things like this slide, I'm afraid. We just have to wait and see how Railjack holds up to its "big promise"  

Well the other problem is that it's a woefully under used frame, no one wants to grind this base version so they have no first hand experience.  It's not any of the meta frames so what do they care if a frame that maybe 1% of the entire community have let alone used actively has a really poor prime release?  Now had DE done it correctly and advertised his release long before and made some attempt to redo his kit they would have made more money and gotten more players interested in Atlas.

He's not nidus so who cares, is basically what most players basically think.  It's such a shame and I mean that.

3 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

Well the other problem is that it's a woefully under used frame, no one wants to grind this base version so they have no first hand experience.  It's not any of the meta frames so what do they care if a frame that maybe 1% of the entire community have let alone used actively has a really poor prime release?  Now had DE done it correctly and advertised his release long before and made some attempt to redo his kit they would have made more money and gotten more players interested in Atlas.

He's not nidus so who cares, is basically what most players basically think.  It's such a shame and I mean that.

I can't agree with this more. It really is a shame.

8 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

So was Wukong, but he was more accessible, being obtained from dojo, and there were enough people fighting for a rework before his Prime to make DE take notice.

Perhaps for Atlas, DE wasn't sure if it was because his playstyle / ability set was unpopular, or the farm required for him was unpopular. (imo its just both)

Yeah that's been one of my points in the Atlas argument, he is very inaccessible.  The quest and the connecting boss fight is bad especially for when most players get to it.  Since gear and mods play such a serious role plus add in the fact that it's one of the only arch wing boss in the game and it shows.  At this point DE would have to redo the entire quest, otherwise Atlas will remain where he is in terms of his used percentage.

The prime release should have given players a better chance if using a frame that they otherwise would not have been able to build.  However DE failed to really put forth the effort to try to entice players to buy him or farm relics for him because they didn't even try to update his kit or half of his visuals.

it would have been cool to include some cetus and lore related items, excavators, relics, and sigils, maybe even a new minning tool or weapon with atlas in mind i think that the prime release should of came out with some rework or new augments or abilities, or even a new archwing based on the earth element, so blast damage can be refined to have different tiers and uses depending on where it is used for instance that it does a interrupting shockwave when used from mid-air, or crouching or its aimed at the floor or a wall, i talked about this with ember rework, that she could seal up doors with her fireballs that miss or S#&$ a wall are corroding or have aoe enhancements, briefly with that in mind that her rework should be exhilarating to many players, and that alsoor that it, titan/atlas doesnt have much ground feedback or attacking features, on k_o and low hp its worth adding some player friendly and automatic gestures or sound effects, am not sure if you want to allow the giant wall to be like fortnite and minecraft but atleast that his mobility is improved with weapon and ability used up, as well as by each type of pickup or energy to keep it interesting the music can change or some drums are added hahahaha like crash bandicoot they had those totem guys with feathers and wood like the robotics, so atlas should have some joke things and some new NPC or riveting relay at the moss of glowing dragons. with some fireflies and tennogen, and for the operator to feature mud and squirell outfites regarding the enclosure, lunaro, and the addition of fortuna robots, at least.

2 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

Yeah that's been one of my points in the Atlas argument, he is very inaccessible.  The quest and the connecting boss fight is bad especially for when most players get to it.  Since gear and mods play such a serious role plus add in the fact that it's one of the only arch wing boss in the game and it shows.  At this point DE would have to redo the entire quest, otherwise Atlas will remain where he is in terms of his used percentage.

The prime release should have given players a better chance if using a frame that they otherwise would not have been able to build.  However DE failed to really put forth the effort to try to entice players to buy him or farm relics for him because they didn't even try to update his kit or half of his visuals.

yes somewhat troubles me that he didn't get minor adjustments to his animations or combat abilities, like a few extra mods or augments, glazes for weapons like gauss did for his acceltra, any additional passive effects or emotes would definetly make atlas sell way faster, the relay guy takes way too long also so if some other mid content or improvements were added to relays and cities the game would be more fun to play, staying in a dojo and a ship is cool but we could really use more tileset improvements and new enemies, missions need some boost, so its not just a race like the open world games at least give players a chance to get other S#&$ done without having to equip a speed mod the best thing they can add more teleporters and machines which are functionals, also want ot mention that mag cant open lockers with her abilities.

15 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

So was Wukong, but he was more accessible, being obtained from dojo, and there were enough people fighting for a rework before his Prime to make DE take notice.

Perhaps for Atlas, DE wasn't sure if it was because his playstyle / ability set was unpopular, or the farm required for him was unpopular. (imo its just both)

i think atlas basic parts could be used to craft some archwing and lunaro equipment, as well as some robotic weapons and fair generator, ayatan statues are simular but dont have many other uses in game yet, so its a good idea to put the regular warframes, statues, and stars into use for the foundry game, fishing tools, mining gun  dont have many combat uses or tricky ways to use them like the enemies can atleast put down beacons, maybe players can upgrade them to have AOE magic/shields,which pulsate.

yeah alot of dead-end items need to be refurbished into weapons and parts for the operator guns and suits, if you think about it maybe lunaro and pvp can use the parts in PVP game mode that involves the operators instead whic would serve to bring warframe to have decent tempo and speed, i think that would be great addition to the syndicate low level way to gain points and items without having to do everything in the checklist, weave dojos and repeating tasks withouth scanning for cephalon,

for instace the operators do gain ranks and mastery for each guild and syndicate including the lotus, but they can practice the missions or fail them, but they dont always gain any items from replay, failiure, or completiion.which can be added that the stealth mastery rank 8-9 is fun to do, could feature different enemies and other +difficulties and replay additions with the coming updates to the game missions, the relays syndicacy should aim to challenge the dojos and the lower end cities of cetus and fortuna respectively to bring up more tenno with PVP and other game modes rewarding kit-weapons, rivens, and kit-warframes that use low-end parts, like the atlas chassis to build swords or make a generic "frame" from other parts like any kit/zaw robot.

On 2019-10-02 at 12:39 PM, Hawk1911 said:

Plus they reused all of the old textures and the old models for his abilities except for his rumblers (unless you try to use a Tennogen skin then it uses the old rumblers), I mean really there's lazy and then there's DE's Atlas release.  I mean come on DE you put more visual effort into changing Rhino's Iron Skin then you did with Atlas's rock armor.  This is on a whole new level of "we don't care", just buff his stats a bit and charge people boatloads of money.  I've been looking forward to this release for at least a year but boy was this not even worth it.  Honestly the fact that the whole pack is just filled with garbage makes me wonder if DE is really going to do much in the future, I mean really DE has the statistics they could have easily made Atlas worth it and maybe even got more people interested in the frame especially considering how frustrating he is to get from his quest but no they make an ok visual upgrade and increase some base stats and call it a day.

My question to DE is why did you put more effort into the Deluxe skin then something that would have brought you guys more money?  For that matter why wasn't more done for said Deluxe skin, again all they changed was the rumblers and not the entire visual kit?  I just don't get DE at all.

they should have a thing so that rhino changes into a hippo when he growls and when he tackles he changes into a cheetah so people can't turn into elephants or recast the same attack/spamming which would look really interesting, and i know that they are remaking rhino's stomp and aerial abilities so its pretty cool to have him transform into other african animals like lizard rhino and gekko samurai and turtle prime

Archived