Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts about gauss and some small things I would change

BlachWolf

Firstly let me state that my opinion is based on the time I've spend using him (which is not much honestly) and the amount of things I've been reading about him (which has been a lot both in the forums and reddit, also including some videos I've seen). That said, how does gauss feel? Good, he's pretty fun and easy to understand (not to manage though). Is he a bad frame? No, that say he's also not good just average, which isnt a bad thing, this just means that he's balanced.

That said here are my thoughts about his abilities:

His one: Mach Rush

• My thoughts: Its good mobility and the damage isnt that bad, especially with the forced slash procs. That said in my opinion a bit more dmg wouldnt hurt.
  • What I would change: I would make it so that the dmg also scales of the melee combo counter, similarly to ashes 4. In exchange I would maybe reduce the base dmg a bit. That said this would be a highly optional change.

His two: Kinetic Plating

• My thoughts: Its an ok defensive ability, that said I can see why many dislike the "battery drain on hit" part, it can make it really hard for him to maintain his battery, especially in a hectic environment. In addition the fact that this ability doesnt reduce all incoming damage types can make this into a pretty inconsistent ability depending against who're you fighting.
  • What I would change: I would basically make this ability into the inverse version of adaptation. This basically means that it would starts at 100% and each hit would reduce his DR by a certain amount, which would fluctuate between 1% and 10% inversely to battery levels. This means that at 100% battery each hit would only drain 1% DR, while at 0% it would drain 10% DR. In addition I would remove the drain of the battery, since its really not necessary. Finally I would allow it to block all dmg types. The energy regen part would stay the same. The drained DR would then be regen after 3s of not taking dmg at a rate of 20% DR/s. This would ensure that Gauss can always survive a hit or two, depending on battery levels and not turn him into an insane DR tank like for example gara. That said If you think this change is to drastic please inform me.

His three: Thermal Sunder

• My thoughts: I havent used this ability enough to make my own opinion on it. From what I've read it just consumes a bit to much energy and requires a bit of setup time for optimal damage, also its a bit static. Because of my little knowledge of this ability I will refrain from suggesting anything.

His four: Redline

• My Thoughts: This ability on its own is quite plane, since its essentially a buff to all of his other abilities (not much can be done about that). The main issue with this ability was that maintaining 100% battery levels has been a bit to hard, mostly thanks to his 2, but since thats no longer the case with my changes, I dont see the need to change anything about this ability.

Gauss is a good frame, that said like with every new frame he still requires some tweaking. If you think I've completely missed something please inform me about it.

2 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

Firstly let me state that my opinion is based on the time I've spend using him (which is not much honestly) and the amount of things I've been reading about him (which has been a lot both in the forums and reddit, also including some videos I've seen). That said, how does gauss feel? Good, he's pretty fun and easy to understand (not to manage though). Is he a bad frame? No, that say he's also not good just average, which isnt a bad thing, this just means that he's balanced.

That said here are my thoughts about his abilities:

His one: Mach Rush

• My thoughts: Its good mobility and the damage isnt that bad, especially with the forced slash procs. That said in my opinion a bit more dmg wouldnt hurt.
  • What I would change: I would make it so that the dmg also scales of the melee combo counter, similarly to ashes 4. In exchange I would maybe reduce the base dmg a bit. That said this would be a highly optional change.

His two: Kinetic Plating

• My thoughts: Its an ok defensive ability, that said I can see why many dislike the "battery drain on hit" part, it can make it really hard for him to maintain his battery, especially in a hectic environment. In addition the fact that this ability doesnt reduce all incoming damage types can make this into a pretty inconsistent ability depending against who're you fighting.
  • What I would change: I would basically make this ability into the inverse version of adaptation. This basically means that it would starts at 100% and each hit would reduce his DR by a certain amount, which would fluctuate between 1% and 10% inversely to battery levels. This means that at 100% battery each hit would only drain 1% DR, while at 0% it would drain 10% DR. In addition I would remove the drain of the battery, since its really not necessary. Finally I would allow it to block all dmg types. The energy regen part would stay the same. The drained DR would then be regen after 3s of not taking dmg at a rate of 20% DR/s. This would ensure that Gauss can always survive a hit or two, depending on battery levels and not turn him into an insane DR tank like for example gara. That said If you think this change is to drastic please inform me.

His three: Thermal Sunder

• My thoughts: I havent used this ability enough to make my own opinion on it. From what I've read it just consumes a bit to much energy and requires a bit of setup time for optimal damage, also its a bit static. Because of my little knowledge of this ability I will refrain from suggesting anything.

His four: Redline

• My Thoughts: This ability on its own is quite plane, since its essentially a buff to all of his other abilities (not much can be done about that). The main issue with this ability was that maintaining 100% battery levels has been a bit to hard, mostly thanks to his 2, but since thats no longer the case with my changes, I dont see the need to change anything about this ability.

Gauss is a good frame, that said like with every new frame he still requires some tweaking. If you think I've completely missed something please inform me about it.

Yup, every ability needs work. People swear by his kinetic plating. Nice to know someone actually used him and see it's hot garbage. He's not "tanking" anything.

Wisp is a finely built fresh frame. They did great with her. Wukong new kit is very nice. I hope they fix Gauss and not bypass him till later date.