Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, you just not understand us

(PSN)robi191291

Maybe sound stupid, but with this new atlas trailer i see that DE just not understand what we want. 

We don´t want a trailer, we want a prime trailer, with ballas and a piece of lore. It´s like that moment in darks souls that you found a new boss, a quiet cinematic and the camera put focus in the boss, or when you found a new npc in borderlands, you have a first action and the joke that say how is, or show his charisma. Is a moment where you say i love this. 

It´s like, you heard us, see the complaints, the demands, but just process all like a computer. 

You want a prime trailer, have this. But no this is not what we want. 

We want arbi more rewarded, ok, down the time but include again rotations and dilute the drop table. 

And this with everything. DE something need to change in the way that you handle the feedback, because it´s not working. 

• Like 5

Correction: you want a prime trailer.

I might also like a prime trailer, but I also understand that Ballas is voiced by a professional voice actor with limited time who is likely quite expensive. He seems to genuinely like the product (certainly, seems to come across in his performance), but they've made it clear that he was the limiting factor in producing the Hydroid Prime trailer, and likely all subsequent ones.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Agree but this thing in the middle, no. 

I can live without prime trailers, but this is bad. I prefer nothing for sure. 

It's funny how you claim DE doesn't understand this mythical, non-existant "us" you refer to yet, in your rush to condemn, you yourself fail to understand this thing called marketing. You should google it, it'll save you from making yourself look the part of the jester in the future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Not me mate, I'd rather they spend that time making actual content. Screw wasting time on pointless trailers.

Marketing your game is never pointless.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Correction: you want a prime trailer.

I might also like a prime trailer, but I also understand that Ballas is voiced by a professional voice actor with limited time who is likely quite expensive. He seems to genuinely like the product (certainly, seems to come across in his performance), but they've made it clear that he was the limiting factor in producing the Hydroid Prime trailer, and likely all subsequent ones.

The problem with trailers is mainly the writing and, especially, producing the motion capture/rendering, especially since they're working on quests.

• Like 4

hace 1 minuto, TheGrimCorsair dijo:

It's funny how you claim DE doesn't understand this mythical, non-existant "us" you refer to yet, in your rush to condemn, you yourself fail to understand this thing called marketing. You should google it, it'll save you from making yourself look the part of the jester in the future.

It´s not only the trailer if was only the trailer. 

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The problem with trailers is mainly the writing and, especially, producing the motion capture/rendering, especially since they're working on quests.

They said that they had all that ready, but that they couldn't get Ballas's voice actor in for the Hydroid Prime Trailer.

That's pretty clear-cut as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, Loza03 said:

They said that they had all that ready, but that they couldn't get Ballas's voice actor in for the Hydroid Prime Trailer.

That's pretty clear-cut as far as I'm concerned.

No, it was on Steve and writing. I remember it crystal clear. Then the team moved unto doing Sacrifice (and eventually New War) and decided to focus there.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

No, it was on Steve and writing. I remember it crystal clear. Then the team moved unto doing Sacrifice (and eventually New War) and decided to focus there.

I mean, I remember them saying it was the voice actor clear as well.

Hydroid Prime has been vaulted in the time since his trailer was supposed to come out, so it's easily possible that the initial delay was on writing and then they couldn't get the voice actor in.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, I remember them saying it was the voice actor clear as well.

Hydroid Prime has been vaulted in the time since his trailer was supposed to come out, so it's easily possible that the initial delay was on writing and then they couldn't get the voice actor in.

Initial delay on launch was on animation team. And then it kept being delayed. When they showcased the animations in Devstream Steve mentioned the writing issue, and then it moved unto Sound. And of course Mirage came afterwards, and he still wasn't done. And then they ditched them completely with Zephyr.

Guys. 

1- The people that want prime trailers exists. You have the board where the people asking for prime trailers, the same in steve´s twitter. 

2-Yes I want a prime trailer, but yes i prefer content. 

3-The real purpose is how DE hear but do other different thing. With the game, content. 

4-So yeah maintain in the focus, no if the trailer is good, if prime trailers yes or no. And yes "we" in a long communty only represent a part it´s true. So yeah if want say that is stupid ok, i accept that, but i want talk about DE and his process of feedback. No fight about prime trailers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainMeowth said:

Prime trailers were fun... but they were also cancelled more than two year ago. Time to get over it, don't you think ?

Be happy that we got a trailer at all. 🙂

On this end, I'd dare say the Vitruvian and the recent Leverian does add new possibilities that should also make adding stuff for older Primes relatively easier too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Initial delay on launch was on animation team. And then it kept being delayed. When they showcased the animations in Devstream Steve mentioned the writing issue, and then it moved unto Sound. And of course Mirage came afterwards, and he still wasn't done. And then they ditched them completely with Zephyr.

Voice acting is an element of sound. So, yeah... voice acting is a limiting factor.

So, yes. It may have been one issue to start with, but Ballas's voice actor is still another element in the way.

30 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Marketing your game is never pointless.

Which is what they're doing with the current trailer. We don't need more than that.

Not to mention, good content will give them more advertising by word of mouth (or word of social media) than any trailer ever could. So once again, they should spend their time on the stuff that matters, not on the pointless stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Which is what they're doing with the current trailer. We don't need more than that.

Not to mention, good content will give them more advertising by word of mouth (or word of social media) than any trailer ever could. So once again, they should spend their time on the stuff that matters, not on the pointless stuff.

Valkyr Prime

Frankly I'm liking this "prime trailer lite" format. It showcases Atlas, the contents of this prime release, done.

The level of production quality those old prime trailers required must be... a couple magnitudes higher.

If DE feels like they can put those resources to better use elsewhere (Railjack,New War and beyond and overhauling older things on occasion), I'm okay with it.

(all assumptions of course, I have no way of knowing how the studio runs internally)

Edited by Aldrr
  • Like 4

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

You need to give me more than that, I don't have infinite memory space.

Valkyr Prime got basically a diorama for her trailer, then after Banshee launched (I'd dare say in March, 6 monthish later than Valkyr's release) she got her full trailer.

Pretty much a precedent -- not that I will demand a trailer, but they've definitely done so before. Again, Leverian and Vitruvian open new possibilities that add to the lore without putting the pressure on animation team.