Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, you just not understand us

(PSN)robi191291

I would rather they spend time on tangible game content instead of flashy cinematic prime trailers. Think of how much time the animation, sound, etc teams spend making such complex pieces. All for what? Just so we can hear Ballas attempt to peddle his wares to a civilization that had no choice but to use his “product” anyways? For all of one minute?

I prefer the shorter trailers like this. It showcases the items in a simple but effective way. That is, if we ignore the accidental omission of the new rumbler look. 

I get what the original poster here is saying. Wanting more lore.

I can do well without another Prime Trailer. They were cool for what they were, but like many others, I'd rather have lore provided in new quests and in-game activities, rather than putting together a minute and a half video that we watch and go AWESOME! for about half that time. Just seems like a massive waste of resources for so little payoff. I mean, the "lore" found in those trailers was enticing, but honestly, pretty thin.

Plus, the more Primes that come out, the more Prime Trailers we're gonna need. New quests feel like a way better use of manpower in the studio than little videos are.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

People didn't like the old Prime Trailers because they showcased the warframe. They liked them because of the lore bits that they showed, that is what people want. Personally, I'd be fine with getting that as a CODEX entry as well, don't need the fancy trailer with it.

And now DE can use the Leverian to deliver that lore.

Big brain moment, hear me out. What if instead of having DE come back to prime trailers properly, what if they turned prime trailers into a community contest/cooperation. Instead of DE allocating staff to make prime trailers they just reached out to animators in the community. How they go about doing that is its own thing, but imagine having the fans design and create missing and future prime trailers, and getting recognition for it on WF's twitter and youtube. Similar to Tennogen but for animators.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Why don't they just work with others outside of DE to make Prime trailers? They did that with the Tennocon Warframe CGI trailer. They could just pay someone else to make it but it doesn't need to be like a full out CGI or anything. I'm sure they have some money to spend. Just an idea.

Good question, but it has a good answer: The Tennocon CGI stuff doubles down as the intro to the game, which means is a better investment for them. It's also important to note Prime Trailers use game assets in an attempt to showcase what you can do in the game in a very cooler and cinematic fashion, while the CGI trailer had even different materials here and there.

It's also important to remember what concept VS final assets is and the production time start for both (they do work on trailers while they have the mesh for the Warframe done, and then the textures come through VS create something out of a concept art).

Finally the CGI release will most likely be here for years, but a new Prime Trailer would be needed every 3 months (so 4 times a year), imagine the costs.

9 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Good question, but it has a good answer: The Tennocon CGI stuff doubles down as the intro to the game, which means is a better investment for them. It's also important to note Prime Trailers use game assets in an attempt to showcase what you can do in the game in a very cooler and cinematic fashion, while the CGI trailer had even different materials here and there.

It's also important to remember what concept VS final assets is and the production time start for both (they do work on trailers while they have the mesh for the Warframe done, and then the textures come through VS create something out of a concept art).

Finally the CGI release will most likely be here for years, but a new Prime Trailer would be needed every 3 months (so 4 times a year), imagine the costs.

I see. I guess the costs would pile up. 

7 hours ago, GuezMan said:

what if they turned prime trailers into a community contest/cooperation.

Hard pass. If Tennogen is an indication of how well people gauge Warframe's tone and art style, this would be a mess. This would be endorsed fan fiction.