Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframes struggle the most with solo content (at higher levels etc and in general))?

Tenno76856

Question

17 answers to this question

hmm.
Vauban, Hydroid, Mirage (sortof), Ivara (sortof, complicated to use), Limbo (sortof), Valkyr (sortof), Ember (sortof, high skill floor).

all in all though, you can always compensate with your Weapons, Focus, Et Cetera even if a Warframe doesn't have ideal tools for a specific situation.

Touching on what Taiiat has mentioned, the weapons you have can easily make the worst of frames clear any high level content. 

I try to not think which frame is best or worst overall, each have pros and cons that can be used to your advantage depending on what you are doing. 

I.e Limbo is my go to frame for defense missions, bubble up and sit inside too easy. Wont use Limbo for exterminate, doesn't make the frame bad.  

People fear what they do not understand. 

Define high level content?

And yes, through the investment in mod setups and skill you can do any content aside of "endurance runs". Unless you aim for walking effortlessly, catch every rocket with face and pop dozens enemies per cast.

And seeing as people trashing Ember makes me want to prove them wrong.

• Like 2

Define high level content. Eidolon hunting is HL content for sure and some people manage to solo it, but most people need a squad. Lets limit the discussion to soloing T4+ content. In this case all frame can solo  assume you invest some forma into  the frame to match your play style. But overall there are a few frame that are at an disadvantage:

Banshee or Ember - Both are  not bad if you put enough forma into them and sink enough time to learn how to use them. At the same time, there are frame that can do a better job as is.

Vauban - IMHO, DE should either fix him or allow us to trade it for another frame.

Gauss - May be I need more time to learn how to use him. It is hard to manage his energy  at high level, and a bumper car in tight small map.

As long as you have a utility sidearm (pox, zakti, Staticor work well in that deppartment), some form of healing and have a minimum awareness of what you are doing... Any frame can do high level content with varying amounts of effort. 

A high range Vauban doesn't care about levels, he just needs a good tool setup and a nice spot for a campfire to go on indefenitely. ;D

Cheers

19 hours ago, taiiat said:

Ivara (sortof, complicated to use

Ivara can be complicated to use at first.  Meaning she has a learning curve, but Common Sense and a bit of thinking should get you past most things.  She is without a doubt probably the best solo frame in the game.  I've proven this by getting her as soon as I could buy her from the market and playing the game solo from Earth to the last planet in the Star Chart.  

The new Jupiter boss will be problematic for her to solo unless you have Operator.  Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if that boss even appears before you do the War Within.  I might need to test that on my Alt account.

Edited by DatDarkOne

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Ivara can be complicated to use at first.  Meaning she has a learning curve, but Common Sense and a bit of thinking should get you past most things.  She is without a doubt probably the best solo frame in the game.  I've proven this by getting her as soon as I could buy her from the market and playing the game solo from Earth to the last planet in the Star Chart.  

The new Jupiter boss will be problematic for her to solo unless you have Operator.  Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if that boss even appears before you do the War Within.  I might need to test that on my Alt account.

(note the other Warframes i mentioned, who have fairly flexible tools but are complicated to use effectively vs higher Level Enemies, ergo complicated)

the Roalapalapahapalapa? you need Void Damage to complete the fight, so that gives a hint :P

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

(note the other Warframes i mentioned, who have fairly flexible tools but are complicated to use effectively vs higher Level Enemies, ergo complicated)

the Roalapalapahapalapa? you need Void Damage to complete the fight, so that gives a hint 😛

I had to double check that one myself on the wiki.  Both my accounts had already passed that point on Jupiter, but the second hasn't completed Second Dream yet.  I do admit in my rush to add on to your earlier statements, I was only considering the Star Chart and from a new players perspective.  I blame the recent questions I've been getting in PMs for that.  😄  

As for that Rolapolyst fight, I hate that damn fight because it cheats.  Not only does it lock-on while I'm in Prowl, but it completely blocks Dashwire.  WTF?!?!

Edited by DatDarkOne