Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd come out of 'bit-coin' or 'stocks' when i heard about rivens

Arneld

Changing daily, weekly automatically with usages data. 

But it was just another spec-up guarantee mods for 1 tier weapons.

You can see these happening with the prices of rivens.

Rubico (0.7) is 16k,

Miter (1.55) is 4k.

Maybe, riven's difference is not big enough to rescue those poor ones.

why is it not? what's popular and in high demand is only determined by logic in theory, not necessarily actuality.

Miter Rivens are massively more powerful than Rubico Rivens, especially when talking about adding viable Crits to a Weapon that normally has Crits that are so unreliable it's hard to utilize them.

4 minutes ago, Arneld said:

Rubico (0.7) is 16k,

Miter (1.55) is 4k.

They will be changing every 3 months right alongside prime access.  Don't spend a lot of money or time in rivens, the really good ones on the really good weapons will be nerfed till they are close to unusable.

I never buy them I just casually do floods and rarely roll anything over 8 times... One regret I do have is I dissolved a pretty good daiku riven for space long before the buff to the weapon, but I don't feel too bad about it because I know since the buff that dispositions going to crash.

Popular (low dispo) weapons should have questionable rivens. Ideally, a regular mod in that slot should give you better, or at least comparable performance. Rivens on popular low-dispo weapons should be more about squeezing some utility into an otherwise full build, rather than cranking the strongest weapons up to truly outlandish levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frenotx said:

Popular (low dispo) weapons should have questionable rivens. Ideally, a regular mod in that slot should give you better, or at least comparable performance. Rivens on popular low-dispo weapons should be more about squeezing some utility into an otherwise full build, rather than cranking the strongest weapons up to truly outlandish levels.

Happened when they began priming previously unused weapons...or just new weapons...what they should do is look at the disposition of similar stat weapons, and change to match them in the same update.

26 minutes ago, Orblit said:

Happened when they began priming previously unused weapons...or just new weapons...what they should do is look at the disposition of similar stat weapons, and change to match them in the same update.

That's how strong weapons can end up with high dispositions. That's a problem, but separate from what I was talking about. I was talking about how powerful and popular weapons with low dispositions are still often made stronger than they already are via rivens. Basically, even if a riven could boost a crappy weapon to be competitive with some of the best weapons without a riven, people would still use the strongest weapons because they get even better with rivens.

Even if rivens narrow the gap some between weak and strong weapons, they fail to close it all the way, and thus fail upset the dominance of the meta weapons.

20 hours ago, Frenotx said:

That's how strong weapons can end up with high dispositions. That's a problem, but separate from what I was talking about. I was talking about how powerful and popular weapons with low dispositions are still often made stronger than they already are via rivens. Basically, even if a riven could boost a crappy weapon to be competitive with some of the best weapons without a riven, people would still use the strongest weapons because they get even better with rivens.

Even if rivens narrow the gap some between weak and strong weapons, they fail to close it all the way, and thus fail upset the dominance of the meta weapons.

I kinda laugh at people who use rivens that give less stat bonus then a normal mod.  Unless it's a meme build, but if you're using crit chance and dmg with 50% increase..its not doing much and is outweighed by a 60/60

23 hours ago, Arneld said:

Rubico (0.7) is 16k,

Miter (1.55) is 4k.

in the examples you gave, one can one shot the majority of the game even without the riven, and is used for eidolon hunts. The other barely sees usage outside of popping nullifier bubbles. Sure, yes if you rolled into a godly miter riven, you might use it, but for most people's cases, unless you're going for a specific or meme build, you probably wouldn't suddenly buy a miter, or kraken, or hind, (etc) riven.

On another note, I haven't been keeping up to date with ignis rivens but iirc ignis has the lowest dispo, and a somewhat low plat amount. Dispo doesn't directly correlate to how much a riven/weapon is worth/used. 

Edited by -CM-Schnitzel

On 2019-09-25 at 9:04 AM, (PS4)Eluminary said:

They will be changing every 3 months right alongside prime access.  Don't spend a lot of money or time in rivens, the really good ones on the really good weapons will be nerfed till they are close to unusable.

I never buy them I just casually do floods and rarely roll anything over 8 times... One regret I do have is I dissolved a pretty good daiku riven for space long before the buff to the weapon, but I don't feel too bad about it because I know since the buff that dispositions going to crash.

You’re assuming that bows will ever be popular. Even if the Daikyu was one of the most powerful weapons in the game, bows will always be niche weapons. They just aren’t that popular.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

You’re assuming that bows will ever be popular. Even if the Daikyu was one of the most powerful weapons in the game, bows will always be niche weapons. They just aren’t that popular.

Riven disposition isn’t adjusted purely on popularity anymore. Now DE also references an “internal power ranking” when changing the disposition values, as seen in the recent Riven Developer Workshops.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, --C--Nehra said:

Who is still buying Rubico rivens for 16k?

Plenty of people on PC apparently because there is no good plat sink on pc and you have massive inflation because of plat coupons.  On xbox at least rubico rivens are still insanely popular last I looked where people will post crap like 500p for any rubico riven because they think it's super necessary on the weapon when rubico rivens have been garbage for a while now and are likely just getting worse next prime access too.  For reference to the 500p for any rubico riven bit above most rivens on xbox if they're for a crap weapon are going to be worth 50 plat or less with junk riven prices being 7-10 plat.  

When it comes to prices for rivens, it's all supply and demand and the demand for miter rivens and such are super low because barely anyone uses them so barely anyone wants rivens for them.  When it comes to rubico, tigris, arca plasmor, etc. etc. that have .5 or .65 dispo's though lots of people use the weapon/they think they need a riven for it so demand goes up.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Sniper rifles were the same for along time, in that while strong and hard hitting they were to slow for alot of the game, and now there's several places where they are most the most common weapons, and hence sniper rivens have crashed.  The buff to bows, daiku specifically, made it competitive with snipere, the same crash is highly likely.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

1 hour ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Sniper rifles were the same for along time, in that while strong and hard hitting they were to slow for alot of the game, and now there's several places where they are most the most common weapons, and hence sniper rivens have crashed.  The buff to bows, daiku specifically, made it competitive with snipere, the same crash is highly likely.

Snipers have mass appeal though, snipers in every game, regardless of viability always attain cult like status.

The bow following is much smaller and much more niche.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Snipers have mass appeal though, snipers in every game, regardless of viability always attain cult like status.

The bow following is much smaller and much more niche.

Snipers in warframe were not popular for years.  No matter how strong de made them hit it didn't matter because they were slow and before poe almost all content was in tiny corridors.  Only with open areas and big bosses did they become popular because they were useful.  Bows have been similar but now are useable for big bosses.