Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Mod Drop Booster

Zyga21

54 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

They did specify that ^this^ was an unintended bug that wouldn't be fixed right away until they would come up with something to compensate. And this wasn't mentioned in their most recent streams. It was actually mentioned a bit after they released the Hydroid augmentation.

The fact that they let it go so long and then just so happen to "fix" it right before something like this, though... regardless of intent, it's terrible optics.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

regardless of intent, it's terrible optics.

I'm not stating otherwise.

But what I'm seeing from most is complaints that [DE] shouldn't have fixed the bug AND they should've released the booster anyway. Those, unfortunately, have 4 choices:

- Lose the exploit, but gain a booster for the future;

- Have the exploit, but lose the booster forever (This isn't going to happen btw, if it wasn't obvious enough already.);

- Stop playing until they get the Cyst growing inside, forcing them to comeback even by curiosity;

- Eat it and shut it.

I'm not pissed at them adding the new booster... Hell, I actually prefer having the new booster over the Resource Booster (the 2x amount booster).

Atlas is one of my most played frames, I own all cosmetics (including TennoGen) for him, and I've been waiting for his Prime Release ever since the beginning of this year.

At first: I though that the Mod Drop Chance Booster was just, odd and not that important. It didn't really seem like a worth-it booster, even if it was part of a Prime Access; too little time for a booster in the first place and specific to even use (since you'd practically have to focus on farming mods to really "use" the booster).

But then, I realized, "Oh wait, they did nerf a bunch of farming techniques in the past did they... and now they add this." It just doesn't feel right. Even if they did revert the nerf now, it just feels wrong, because they still did something that would be perceived as "selling the buff". And I get it, it's going to appear in the Market, Nightwave, Baro, etc., but you can't deny it's extremely suspicious. What's even more weird (if you ever noticed or cared) Atlas himself has a farming augment, Ore Gaze, which I am pretty sure didn't get touched/mentioned in the nerf patch notes. I know it's not the best farming tool, but it just feels wrong seeing it unscathed after the omission of others.

DE, don't add the Mod Drop Chance Booster, not now and not in this way. Maybe add it another time, especially after you bring back the before Nekros + Pilfering Augments or make some sort of agreement with the community. It feels wrong, and I don't like it being connected to my favorite frame's Prime Release. It's not even necessary to add a Prime Alt Helmet, or a Prime Armor Set or whatever, just get rid of it.

I'm probably not going to get the Accessory Pack (not that I would have enough money to do so) because of this situation would make me feel wrong with doing so. I don't mind buying the Frame and Weapons, because it's something I've been waiting for quite some time, but I was not waiting for something that is or could be considered scummy. I like the Syandana, the Sentinel Accessories are nice, the two basic Boosters are nice (and something I could use for MR farming), but the Mod Drop Booster is not. I was planning on doing some 'charity' as I would just run relics for the new Primes and give them away afterwards to clanmates/randoms, mostly as a way to be nice. I'm still going to do it, but I also don't want to do it under the guise of 'not having to directly support DE'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

I'm not stating otherwise.

But what I'm seeing from most is complaints that [DE] shouldn't have fixed the bug AND they should've released the booster anyway. Those, unfortunately, have 4 choices:

- Lose the exploit, but gain a booster for the future;

- Have the exploit, but lose the booster forever (This isn't going to happen btw, if it wasn't obvious enough already.);

- Stop playing until they get the Cyst growing inside, forcing them to comeback even by curiosity;

- Eat it and shut it.

I'm not pissed at them adding the new booster... Hell, I actually prefer having the new booster over the Resource Booster (the 2x amount booster).

or you know, since they care about the game, they complain, give FEEDBACK, and get DE to give us both the synergy that they should never have nerfed ( this was a freature, not a bug. they only labeled it as bugfix to avoid backlash ) AND also keep the booster in game, so we have the best of both world.

When you care about something, you don't let it rot. you take care of it and give it a good *@##$slap when it needs it. in this case, De needs a big one, to get back on the right track.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikakor said:

this was a freature, not a bug. they only labeled it as bugfix to avoid backlash

Thank god that is not on you to decide but on the company that makes the game.
You THINK it was a feature. That's doesn't mean that it was this way.

6 hours ago, Malevento said:

This is a bad idea, it's already causing a lot of anger because it is a pay for power mechanic.

So selling weapons and warframes isn't pay for power, but a slightly better chance for something to drop is? Flawed logic, isn't it? Btw. we already have a resource drop chance booster. And you know what you do with resources? You build weapons and warframes with them.

6 hours ago, Malevento said:

If the drop systems are such that you need some kind of boost to make them not feel frustrating then that's an indication they need to be fixed or tweaked.

We have two resource boosters in the game since forever.
So why is what you wrote now a reasoning against the new booster? Why was it never a reasoning against the two resource boosters? óÒ

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Wonder why the majority of us players haven't gotten banned then. The rapid XP farm from 2018 wasn't intended. DE banned the Youtuber/Partner who highlighted it and anyone who used it. They were abusing a known bug. 

Any one of us who played a mission with nekros and hydroid or any mixture of the loot frames/companions deserve to be banned, right? Because it was a bug, not a feature.

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Wonder why the majority of us players haven't gotten banned then. The rapid XP farm from 2018 wasn't intended. DE banned the Youtuber/Partner who highlighted it and anyone who used it. They were abusing a known bug. 

Any one of us who played a mission with nekros and hydroid or any mixture of the loot frames/companions deserve to be banned, right? Because it was a bug, not a feature.

I wouldn't feel so but you might have missed the bans and threats of bans that occurred when Jovian Concord came out due to that very same duo. Silver Grove looting with those or the Chesa Kubrow also marked you for review due to unseemly gains of items according to DE's codes that check our rewards for the activities we run. If its within expectations, no prob; if its more, review if excessive as when players went into the hidden labs on the first few days of Jovian Concord and looted, it wasn't pretty. Part of the lab situation was because the enemies in there wouldn't stop spawning but Looters being able to loot was considered the issue in DE's statement and toned down again.

If we went to the Coptering, DE said it wasn't intended at first but that they were keeping it in, go forward a bit and suddenly it was just never intended and DE thinking it was funny and supporting it was no longer part of the official statement. Its not a matter of us thinking its intended but rather DE's opinion and official statements on the subject changing in sometimes seemingly fickle manners. Same deal in some respects, things change - and as anyone who has lived a lot of change can tell you - change while it can be good or bad, is usually going to be bad.

DE removes loot farm frame stacking just to sell you a mod booster that does the same thing. Literally making a problem and selling you the solution. They let farm frame stacking work for literally YEARS and have not had one open quip about it. There's no way they were unaware of how the mechanics worked before on this and only recently took notice unless they figured some shady way to extort players.

I expected a move like this to come from EA, not DE.
Let's not sugar coat it or bury our heads in the sand, guys, this is predatory, uncharacteristic, and actually wrong.

Edited by Xaxma
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Wow... just wow...

Something being a bug and you using it doesn't get you instantly banned.

If DE says that using it will get you banned, and you keep on using, or even abusing it, then yes, you will receive a ban.

As DE didn't have a fix right away they had no problem with us using it. But it was still a bug.

Btw. remember Chroma? His calculations for VA were bugged. Did Chroma players get banned? No.

So how about thinking next before making a post?

2 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

Most people agree with him, so maybe it would be better if he got to make that call.

Yeah... that's not how things work. Most people thought that the bugged and OP Chroma was fine. A huge amount of people think that global warming isn't a thing.

Some people believing something doesn't make it right or true.

As I said, DE decides such things. They certainly can change their mind. But as of now they say it was a bug. And some people crying and saying otherwise doesn't change that DE is to decide.

12 hours ago, mikakor said:

i feel like the community wouldn't rage this much, if they didn't made the stupid decision of "FIXING" ( i still spit this word with venom, thinking about that... ) the synergy that was there for years between lootframes. if they wouldn't have done that, the amount of post in this thread might as well been divided by 2 or 3.

You may want to go back to DE's reasoning before you start spitting. While the Synergy between Hydroid and Nekros may be old, DE did introduce a number of other loot boosters in the months before the change. It quickly became evident that not only would it be impossible to add new loot boost abilities into the game without completely breaking drop rates and forcing players to play only a single team comp, but that the loot boost abilities already in the game were already doing this. There's a reason I often joke about "Just bring Nekros, Hydroid, Khora and Nidus!" being used as a catch-all solution to poor drop rates on these forums. Completely aside from the new booster, loot boosting abilities stacking together create a status quo which makes reward drop pools impossible to balance. Either you balance around stacked loot abilities and ensure no regular player ever gets ANY rewards, or you balance for regular players and let min/maxers blow through reward activities in a day.

One of the the most fundamental issues with Warframe's balance is a lack of any sort of normalisation. Most weapon builds are garbage, but SOME weapons with SOME builds can deal 200 times their normal damage and trivialise the game entirely. Most Warframes get one-shot at high levels, but SOME Warframes can go AFK and not die into the 100s of enemy levels. The list goes on. Normalising aspects of the game such that the difference between worst and best performance doesn't constitute two entirely unrelated games is a good thing, even if it has to come at the expense of massive nerfs.

As to the booster itself: I'm of the opinion that DE need to bite the bullet and merge all of the boosters together into a "premium booster" that does all of the things and costs 400-600 Plat for 30 days. Leave the individual boosters around for people who just want one of them, but add a catch-all booster for those of us who'd "subscribe" to the game if an affordable option to do so existed.

It may have already been pointed out but I would like to mention that sense mods are key to the games progression more so than any amount of materials or credits. That the addition of a "Mod Booster" will be extremely appealing to new players. With mod drop chances as low as some are, a doubling wouldn't even amount to much of a change at all, but a new player may not understand this and buy the booster thinking that they can take a big shortcut and develop better load outs faster.

Not that long ago the game had a built in system to help with getting mods faster but like its been pointed out that was removed a couple months ago and in my opinion should be restored. (and rebalanced so as to not break things)

Progression should not be monetized in any form. Credits and materials are one thing sense they are simply a means to an end but mods are completely different. Mods have an immediate and profound impact on gameplay and progression and should not be monetized.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something to take into consideration... 

Player A: Buys a Mod Booster and farms a bunch of mods to sell on the market.

Player B: Buys platinum and buys a mod from Player A.

DE has essentially collected money from two different players for one mod. This would be the only instance of this being possible (that I am aware of) for them to do because players can't trade materials or credits. Relics are extremely easy to farm and relic packs can be purchased from syndicates for standing so it's very unlikely they will make a profit twice off Prime trading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DE,

This is a slippery slope. You have a great reputation for being fare to your players. Please consider carefully what you're doing considering moves like this.  

Edited by Aiden85
clarify a point
  • Like 1

If DE wants to give us a mod drop booster then why doesn't DE just update the already existing "drop chance booster" to include a higher drop rate for mods? The only reason that makes sense to me is that... We need moar money... That is what feels greedy to me. I just wanted to voice my opinion on somewhere that DE might hear it. I love warframe and I feel like if they included the new "mod drop booster" into the "drop chance booster" then a lot of the negative feedback I have heard so far would be not as applicable. You would still need to revert your loot stacking changes to make everyone happy... Well.. At least happier...

I am excited to try a mod drop booster. Ive been trying to get the new gold mods from the reworked gas city tileset since it was released on console. I have yet to get one mod. Is the answer to that grind really going to be: get another booster? Feels bad... I doubt that it would even make a difference for me in that circumstance...oooh i will go from a 2% drop chance to a 4% chance... Great. Im sure that is barely worth the platimum or time investment...

Edited by (XB1)I eat GABAGE
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

it doesn't take more than two braincells to understand that it was a feature. they purposely put it in bugfix section to keep it low. or if you're like that, we can also say that Nekros desacrating corpse is actually a bug, and it will get nerfed, but ho, it will be put in the bugfix section. because it was apparently a bug. see how backward it is? just because the dev said it was a bug, doesn't mean it actually was. especially if they have something to gain from it...

it WAS a feature. it has been for years, and DE let it go because it was normal. but then they introduced a problem, to sell the solution.they saw they could make money from it, so they nerfed us, to sell us something to get back to what we had.

or is the whiteknighting so shiny that you're getting blind from it, too? i hope you're able to add 2 + 2, because it's exactly that, right now. they are going the same path than EA, Activision and the likes, the big stains of the dirty triple A industry. if for you, introducing a problem to sell the solution is something normal, then there is really no hope, and no reason to continue this discussion further, as it will be impossible to make you understand.

Loot farming technique gets nerfed into non existence, then a few months later they introduce a paid mechanic to get back to normal level. doesn't that ring a few bells in your mind? anyone with a sane mind would.

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 1

Yeah, it is facked up, but honestly you gotta get something in exchange of real-life money, you can't say a Warframe and Prime Weapons, that are farmable in 1hour each are really worth it...

Also you are some hypocrites, you ok with DE not listening to it's community in the last 3 years, not putting actual content in this year, but hey DE is trying to put something worthwide in Prime Access, fack that.

If something yall looked for this, also what about Just not buying that stupid Prime Access, or (like yall say) stop playing the game.

This community has problems.

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT

59 minutes ago, mikakor said:

or if you're like that, we can also say that Nekros desacrating corpse is actually a bug

What are you even on about? 🤣

1 hour ago, mikakor said:

or is the whiteknighting so shiny that you're getting blind from it, too?

And the name calling. So you admit that I'm right and you are wrong.otherwise you wouldn't have called me that. 😘

12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And the name calling. So you admit that I'm right and you are wrong.otherwise you wouldn't have called me that. 😘

It's official. You're only in this thread to be a useless troll. Otherwise you wouldn't have to resort to such stupid tactics.

8 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Wow... just wow...

Something being a bug and you using it doesn't get you instantly banned.

If DE says that using it will get you banned, and you keep on using, or even abusing it, then yes, you will receive a ban.

As DE didn't have a fix right away they had no problem with us using it. But it was still a bug.

Btw. remember Chroma? His calculations for VA were bugged. Did Chroma players get banned? No.

So how about thinking next before making a post?

It's hilarious your saying DE said they'll let it go, that they didn't have a fix at the time so they never did. And yet beyond this, they kept releasing farming augments for frames. 

doublespeak is normally bad but in this cases it's fecking hilarious. More so now with a pay to re enable what was a "bug" booster is being added.  

Edit: don't feel bad about not getting the problem. So many others have. 

Edited by Fire2box

There are other boosters already
Wukong passive already increased loot effectiveness (orbs) and has the increased loot
The booster will not only be a premium one (like the other 2) but will also be available for ducats. Since platinum can be traded, it's relatively easy to aquire a booster.

Missions for example should have on average a 20 platinum potential (meaning they offer items that can be traded for that ammount, like rare mods, ayatan statues, ayatan stars, some mission even give a rare mod at the end), so if the booster is 60p, it should take you 1 to 3 missions to have enough platinum to buy the booster, obviously trading is involved.

Last but not least, the booster is way less effective the lower the efficiency players have and this is where the MAJORITY of the players are, if you kill 5 enemies, the booster might make it seem like you killed 10, this kill count is pretty common on captures, assassinations and many other mission types, so you will never be on par with players that kill 200 in a capture, the booster won't help.

Meaning, having the mentality to actually seek things to kill, will be far cheaper and far more effective than a booster.

Complaining is odd, it's like someone began playing last week, the game rewards effort, there will be always players that will find the booster pointless, cheap and usefull to complement high efficiency gameplay

With rare mods being sold for pennies, buying a booster to sell a mod is a very bad deal.

TL;DR

The booster has no impact on low efficiency gameplay, like assasinations with 10 total kills in 5 minutes

The booster has it's greatest impact in high efficiency gameplay that the majority of players do not do

In high efficiency gameplay, booster is not required, if you are already 20x more efficient in a capture mission, going beyond that is nice, but if you reached that stage you know you have many duplicates of rare mods, i mean seriously what are you going to do with 10 rage mods, you either profit or trade for other mods, so you're not actively seeking another god dam rage mod

Complaining about the booster being inserted into the game is pointless, it's not a problem, atleast in my point of view, i always make some effort in missions, so that there isn't a dedicated mission just for farming something, which is what many players do, you farm and you play to compenssate duzzens of missions where the farming wasn't done

With the early entry MR25 players starting at 1000 completed missions, any mission that you often lack in kills will be magnified hundreds of times during your gameplay, by the time you realize you could have done more, you're looking at a gap of kills in the hundreds of thousands

The booster is an alternative to reduce that gap, you do less effort, so you pay to replace that effort, it's a pay to skip grind.

55 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

i'm using the same archaic logic you used.

"lootframe stacking was a bug, because the devs said so"

"Nekros ability to desacrate body was a bug, because the devs said so"

what i'm trying to make you understand is that because a dev said a feature was a bug, doesn't mean they are right. it means they make it pass a a bug, to have an excuse to "fix it". in this case, they claimed that the loot stacking was a bug, just so they can "fix" it and sell us the solution later. is it that hard to understand?

Edited by mikakor
  • Like 1

hace 2 horas, Fire2box dijo:

You think a 7 day booster is worth like 50 USD? 🤣

714e6e1cee1de5499486ed9c9520d94e.jpg

No, but DE is trying to make it so if you spend real life money at least you get something worthwile,what would you put in prime access so it can be worthwile without facking up the balance with paid and non paid? also if you don't like what about just not buying it?

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT

44 minutes ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

No, but DE is trying to make it so if you spend real life money at least you get something worthwile,what would you put in prime access so it can be worthwile without facking up the balance with paid and non paid? also if you don't like what about just not buying it?

714e6e1cee1de5499486ed9c9520d94e.jpg

• Like 1