Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think there's even a slight chance DE will revisit abandoned content?

Dr.Tursko

1 hour ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Defection. Old Events. Old lore. The alignment medal. 

They reworked Jupiter, Arbitration,  invasions and sorties.

And planning to put ingame again old events Nnw beginner system (wich we have a cinematic already), alligment system has not been forgottebn and I'm sure Is coming handy in the new war, defection Is one of the failures that can happen and will be looked in the future but I prefer they focus their energies on new content. Currently they are reworking archwings, vauban and Ember. 

I'm not sure what do you mean with rework old lore lol

Edited by Uan91

DE revisits things at seemingly random, but they do revisit things, I mean I was surprised when a couple of years ago they reworked the AI of Tenno Specters to be competent and have consistent ability use, considering specters before that could've been passed off as "Functional"

I'm waiting for the day they suddenly give Air Support some love and unique assets.

8 minutes ago, Zandermanith222 said:

DE revisits things at seemingly random, but they do revisit things, I mean I was surprised when a couple of years ago they reworked the AI of Tenno Specters to be competent and have consistent ability use, considering specters before that could've been passed off as "Functional"

I'm waiting for the day they suddenly give Air Support some love and unique assets.

I really hope they make it so air support isn't tied to your ship skin.  That annoys me.

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Warframe uses the term "beta" so it's allowed to make changes to everything in the game at any point without anyone having any legal grounds to sue them about anything.

This is a liiiitle extreme. You can still probably sue them for big stuff like data breaches or actual theft.

The Open Beta status of the game probably just protects them from getting sued because the game sucks or it changes or something, and those are probably hard things to sue someone for in the first place.

There’s a little hope, though. New Game Experience is coming, or at least there’s a trailer for it.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

This is a liiiitle extreme. You can still probably sue them for big stuff like data breaches or actual theft.

The Open Beta status of the game probably just protects them from getting sued because the game sucks or it changes or something, and those are probably hard things to sue someone for in the first place.

There’s a little hope, though. New Game Experience is coming, or at least there’s a trailer for it.

That....that is what he said...to a T.  Did you just read the "Sue about anything" without taking in the context of what he said earlier?

12 hours ago, Zandermanith222 said:

They didn't do that just because they wanted to update specters. A better AI for frames is necessary for people to want to make their frames sentient. Back then they didn't know how Umbra echoes would end up, even though they arguably should have.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

4 hours ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Defection.

[]

they will update old content?

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

They're always revisiting content. Archwing felt abandoned for what seemed like forever and now we're getting Empyrean.

Empyrean is not a revisiting content, how you can even say that :facepalm:It's a a completely new content and it will change almost nothing for Archwing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Defection. Old Events. Old lore. The alignment medal. 

All forgotten things people wanted to see better of. 

It's easy to say that DE hasn't acknowledged them because they need to continue to make content, but this has been *years*. My only thought of why is that they are riding on the 'beta' tag as long as they can.

Do you think it's a possibility that whenever they leave Beta, maybe with New War/ whatever the last quest will be, they will update old content?

They have revisited old content. What about the update to POE? I mean... they're working on an updated engine. Cut em some slack and give them time. They have revisited a LOT.

The best thing that DE has going are devs that play. Devs that play (especially the one that's always on about the shadows) see things in the game and think "Ooo... idea!". And sometimes the revisits take less priority. But they have made mention of revisiting enough that we just need to realize how much ADHD is involved here and that it may take some time before "OOO SHINEY!" gets out  of the way of "Hey... I could revisit that this way".

15 minutes ago, Viges said:

Empyrean is not a revisiting content, how you can even say that :facepalm:It's a a completely new content and it will change almost nothing for Archwing.

We're getting modular archwings, and new areas/enemies to use them on. This is in a new mode that while isn't the main focus, compliments their use. 

Last few archwing updates were shoehorning it into the open world maps and the Kuva Fortress latter which required archwing but had zero areas that used it. Heavy weapons while technically archwing are basically their own thing with all the changes they had to do to them.

And revisiting is just that. You don't visit your grandma and tear down half her house to build an extra floor. That's a rework. Jupiter was revisited for a rework. 

• Like 1

One thing I'd love for DE to revisit is Operator cosmetics.

Remember how most of the forums were angry over them breaking the suit sets in preparation for POE, and reverted it for a little while? then broke it again while only fixing 2-3 of the broken things while leaving in the dozen or so other broken things? 

the whole midwaist section is still floating above your operator btw. It may not be a big deal overall compared to mission modes and other funcitonality things. But in my case its a disappointment that hits pretty hard, since I bought 2 of the Prime Accessories packs that involved operator cosmetics only to see them messed up later on. It sort of makes me regret spending that money on DE tbh.

4 hours ago, Viges said:

Ok dude, I see who you are, don't bother :crylaugh:

We're arguing semantics as someone already pointed out so where else would this go?

Revisiting makes it into new content. Adding old content and tweaking it makes that new. In that context I used it in, it's old systems being repurposed. Archwing was basically it's own game and didn't fit Warframe when it came out. 

Being an edgy dismissive teen doesn't relay to me your point of view. Big brain iq play there. Makes you look so smart. So smart. Where's my memetic screenshot of a dumbstruck yellow rodent?

Edit: Was it the grandma metaphor? I dunno man im tired. 

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Klaleara said:

That....that is what he said...to a T.  Did you just read the "Sue about anything" without taking in the context of what he said earlier?

Just pointing out that the post got a little hyperbolic at the end. 

Premises were sound but the conclusion was exaggerated.

• Like 1

With the game modes, a handful of them just need minor tweaks/updates. Hijacks should get more tracks to work off of. IMO we should start having more nodes that work like bounties, and adopt the operator/mission control changes that Jupiter brought (having Little Duck and Ordis as the comm leads). Would be cool to have mission nodes that had multiple modes on top of each other that we do back to back a la bounties, with some context given by having certain characters direct us. Like how we had the Steel Meridan leader getting us to break into a Grineer prison to find some prisoners (Spy vaults first to get the info), break into the jails and guide groups to the docking bays (combination of Rescue and Defection), and defend it long enough for them to essentially hot wire a shuttle to escape (Defense). Boom mini pseudo raids.

Also I wouldn't mind more world updates. If they said they were going to put open worlds on hold to go and do what they did to Jupiter to every other planet, even if the next world was the Infested Open World I would be cool with it. To take the old flavor text for the planets and really bring them to life. What are the Indoctrination Towers for the Corpus on Neptune like? Back when Mercury was our starting planet it said the last functioning Orokin Towers are located there. Saturn is supposed to be a big shipping lane/supply distribution network for the Grineer. What are those towers in the background on the Corpus snow outpost maps?!?!?! 

They do, regularly. The only question is when they'll do so and the answer is most likely when they have a reason to add something new to it.

This is also all part of the timeless issue with updates where reworks and polishing doesn't bring in new players nor retain old ones, only new content does that. Thus they have to balance the two so the game doesn't become a broken mess while still putting more focus on bringing something new to the game. If the game wasn't getting content revisited then we'd be seeing the Trial issues happening to other aspects of the game.

• Like 1