• Announcements

• [DE]Drew

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?   03/31/2016

Tenno, Recently a lot of forum users have been posting feedback, bug and question threads about the game here in General Discussion, only to complain when community moderators or forum staff move their thread to the appropriate section.   General Discussion is not for feedback about the game, for bug reports or for help questions, we have other forum sections specifically for these things.   There are a few criteria for determining what feedback is and what general discussion is, but the two main criteria are the following: Objective - The goal of the thread Target Audience - Who is being addressed with the thread   A feedback thread's objective is affecting the game; be it through negative feedback (change is desired) or positive feedback (change is not desired). And a feedback's Target Audience is the developers; your thread is directed towards DE, they are who you are making the thread for. If either two of these criteria are met then the thread is most likely feedback (and belongs in the appropriate feedback subforum).    A general discussion thread's objective is not to affect the game, it's to hold a discussion. And the Target Audience of a general discussion thread is other players and the community, not the developers. For example, a thread titled "Which frame do you like the most and why?" would be a discussion thread, because its objective is a discussion about what players enjoy, and it's audience is other players.   Ultimately, a lot of what determines whether a thread is a feedback thread is the opening post. Although feedback threads can have discussions in them between players, this does not make it general discussion. What it boils down to is the goal of the thread and who it's addressing. It's a thread for conveying opinions to the developers, and people are bound to agree and disagree (and therefore start a discussion on said thread).   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   If you post something in General Discussion and find that it's no longer there, chances are it's been moved (if it was merged, we will try to notify you via private message, but sometimes when we have to merge a large number of threads we may not be able to). Here's a helpful guide for you to figure out where it might have been moved to:   Players Helping Players is the forum for when you have a question about something in the game or need help with something game-related--such as mod builds for frames/weapons, build comparisons, how to craft certain things, where to find components/mods/enemies, strategies for bosses, etc. Guides, solutions, tips and tricks can all be placed here. With hundreds of thousands of players, there's bound to be one that has experienced the same issue as you and has figured out how to solve it! PC Beta Bugs, PS4 Beta Bugs and XB1 Beta Bugs are the places for threads reporting malfunctioning parts of the game, bugs, things that have broken, et cetera (you should really make a support ticket too!). Fan Zone is the place for fan fiction, fan-sponsored contests, screenshots to share your achievements and Warframe-related video streams/Youtube channels. Fan Concepts is the place for concepts for new systems, warframes, weapons, and gameplay mechanics. PC Trading Post, PS4 Trading Post and XB1 Trading Post are for all things trading on the respective platforms. Threads looking to sell, buy, and trade go here, as well as any price checking. If you post a thread critiquing changes or content in the game, it's likely been moved to one of the Feedback Subforums, the guide to which is below.   Because feedback threads are by far the biggest offender in General Discussion, I've put together this guide on where feedback goes, breaking up and explaining the feedback subforums (Feedback forums are where the devs go for feedback regarding the game! Not General Discussion!). The list is a bit lengthy, so it's been put in spoiler tags:     So, for example, if you make a thread in General Discussion saying something like "The lore really needs work, and this is how I think it should be done" then it's probably going to get moved to the General Feedback forum. If you're dissatisfied with a recent patch or update and want to give DE a piece of your mind, the Specific Feedback associated with your platform (i.e. PC Specific Feedback or PS4 Specific feedback) is probably where it will get moved to (it may also be moved to the other feedback forums depending on what the thread is specifically about).   Wording is also very important, and your choice of description is also. This is why many people mix up feedback with discussion. In discussion, you are talking about things that are current, not commenting on how cool or disappointing they are. For example, 'What do you think is the best frame? I like Valkyr because of her focus on melee.' is General Discussion, whereas 'Valkyr is a really good frame. Her melee animations are nice, and her abilities compliment eachother well.' is feedback.     tl;dr - We have specific subforums for feedback, bug reports, helping players, fan-made stuff and so on. General Discussion is not a "catch-all" forum, and for the sake of keeping things tidy and organized we'd really appreciate it if you didn't treat it as such!   If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, please feel free to post them here or to send me or the other moderators a private message!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinderghast

Is This The Grand Referral System Vision De?

48 posts in this topic

Do you want to guess why? I don't care about extra inventory slots or stuff like that. I can buy them as I need.  I care that you appear to have made a Unique Mod a reward for referring 15 friends.

Agreed. I want that mod so bad, I have a feeling it can be gotten transmuting but with a really low chance since undying will and self destruct both drop. I just want it... and if it truly is referral only I'll just question DE's reason for it. The slots are enough, the possibly platinum is enough... 

I really want to do this but I played the first 10 missions a few time with low level gear and each referral takes about 1 - 1.25 hours. To get 1 mild mod I would need to put in almost 20 or so hours or invite 15 friends (if I had that many...)

Why blast radius when you can Nova?

I really really like my Ogris and don't like AoE frames?

Mainly because I am always trying to level weapons and if I am the one on the AoE frame I get NO WEAPON XP for all those kills.

Whereas if I let some other person spam their AoE skill I get the sweet sweet XP for all my equipped gear for every kill they make.

So that is why kids, if you want to level weapons fast be the Frost sitting on the pod and let everyone else do the heavy lifting!

Multi-box 2 Win ftw

And I thought I wouldn't have to do this crap after MMORPGs like RoM...oy vey.

I'm not sure how I feel about this as a fellow player. Creative, yes... However, being a veteran player as you claim, would you not have enough friends who are gamers to at least get the majority of these taken care of in a legitimate way?

I'm not sure how I feel about this as a fellow player. Creative, yes... However, being a veteran player as you claim, would you not have enough friends who are gamers to at least get the majority of these taken care of in a legitimate way?

probly same as me... he ALREADY invited them.

EDIT: BEFORE REFERRAL.

All my friends replied "Never again".

Remember primed chamber? That was a Lifeless contest.

Look at firestorm. Popularity contest.

Don't worry about it though. Good mods are out of reach but reach mods are too plentiful.

aye.

all my old friends have long since joined and im out of luck...

have not cheated the system yet, but i have thought about it.

@op

hope you dont get a ban for it, but thanks for making a point.

Ok, yeah, that sucks. I see your point. I think I'd probably ask that all of us "refer" each other again to various aliases and run the missions in groups of four. Would go much faster I'd imagine...

All my friends replied "Never again".

LOL My husband and I had a friend try the game... he didn't let us know he was on and couldn't get past the first quest. *sigh* Some people just don't get it and wont give us a chance to help them!

Agreed. I want that mod so bad, I have a feeling it can be gotten transmuting but with a really low chance since undying will and self destruct both drop. I just want it... and if it truly is referral only I'll just question DE's reason for it. The slots are enough, the possibly platinum is enough... 

Transmutation is a terrible terrible terrible system.

And I will never use it.

It is just a giant money sink for people who do not understand RNG. If there was specific formulas or weighted outcomes, then maybe. 

But in its current state no thank you.

I really want to do this but I played the first 10 missions a few time with low level gear and each referral takes about 1 - 1.25 hours. To get 1 mild mod I would need to put in almost 20 or so hours or invite 15 friends (if I had that many...)

That is why I plan to just have WF running on a second PC, and group up with my main and speed run things. Just leave the new account at the start.

it's not like I am worried about missing the credit reward for not hitting the extraction point. Hell even if they die the mission is still a success if my main completes it (no worries about that at all)

On a rush build Loki we are talking 2mins max for capture missions

How long exactly is it going to take DE to start making useful, unique mod cards for different weapons, ability boosts etc? 

I find it funny how no one is looking at the Mod "Undying Will"... I know Firestorm is a really useful mod for some of the weapons... but still, all 3 of those mods are somewhat game changing. Better Utility Sentinel by having it blow up when destroyed, increased explosions for certain weapons, and a mod that increases the amount of time you last before actually dying in Downed status.

t the

if your a veteran player most of your friends already probably play or not want to play from the things you tell them about the game

uL6no81.png

The rules state that each new friend must play 10 unique missions for you to to be considered referred.

I can see the effort in which you went through to make those 15 accounts, but in order to get your mod you have to play 10 unique missions on each of those accounts.

wouldnt care if you could finde these mods in the game also..  so any statement by DE yet? if not its rly bad.. specially with the restrictions.. (finish 10 missions,first account and more)

As I mentioned, all my gamer friends who would be interested are already playing - or tried it and didn't like it.

And i refuse to spam social media hoping someone uses my link.

When i first started playing i told all my friends and family and co-workers and random gaming contacts. 

So there is literally no one left who for me to refer cause anyone who might be interested is already playing. Hell the clan I am in is composed completely of people I used to play Planetside 2 with, and PoE and originally from DDO

Now if there was some recognition that me and one other guy in our clan got like 20+ people playing this game months ago that would be sweet.

But no, no recognition at all.

What will you do if the accounts are tracked by IP address, is my question.

DE can't do much unless they want to start banning people because they live together / use the same network.

Megan" post="1310597" timestamp="1380145438"]

The rules state that each new friend must play 10 unique missions for you to to be considered referred.

I can see the effort in which you went through to make those 15 accounts, but in order to get your mod you have to play 10 unique missions on each of those accounts.

Quite easy to use the main account to drag the alt ones through a bunch of survival or capture missions. Shouldn't be too hard to get them all done within the space of a week.