Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protective Dash exists. Use it.

(PSN)alexadusei

6 hours ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Word. Not sure what the solution is, but for now I'm just using Saryn to nuke everything while hoping the squad is protecting the siphon while I'm away keeping air supply dropping from enemies, because its less of a hassle than dealing with the extremely toxic anti Limbo brigade. And yeah, squads that actually protect siphons, especially after SHTF enemy levels, are a rarity. Which is what frustrated me enough to make this thread.

Why would you hope the squad is protecting the siphon as Saryn? Her 4 stuns everything it hits for 2 seconds, with just her kit you get two stacks of condition overload. Saryn can easily defend a siphon by herself.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

If you complain about Mesa or Saryn making content easier, then you’re being argumentative and hostile for no reason. If you want the game to be harder okay by yourself.

But getting angry at Limbo for slowing games down, and making enemies more complicated to kill? That’s pretty damn reasonable.

Obviously his design is the problem, but DE isn’t going to change him, so all we can do is ask “Limbo can you please not 4.”

There is a difference between a frame making something easier and turning something into "afk or leave because there is nothing else for you to do here". It's a problem with their design which is exactly the same issue with Limbo.

There are also other frames that can slow things down just as much if not worse than Limbo. Frost putting globes down on interception points, Slowva in defense missions, or frames that can convert or make an enemy invulnerable holding up the end of waves (which despite the attempts to fix it this still happens). You can ask players that are doing any of these things to stop but again you would be asking them to not use their frame as they're made to be played.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Saryn can easily defend a siphon by herself

You need to move throughout a wide area to infect as many enemies as possible in order to sustain a stable kill rate, which means I will occasionally need to go into other rooms to seek out enemies converging on the extractor. Which means, ideally, I'm leaving teammates to defend the extractor from the fatboi Grineer you need to Void Dash through as well as stray eximus units that spawn near the extractor

2 hours ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Dunno why, but I've gotten a lot of crap for protecting Kuva Siphon Extractors as Limbo. Fine, whatever. What pisses me off is that the same community that unloads so much bile on Limbo players don't have the sense to show up with Protective Dash to compensate for the damage the extractor inevitably sustains now that the community on all platforms has succeeded in chasing Limbo's away from helping them. So here's my PSA: Either look up what Protective Dash is, invest in it and equip it before a survival or forfeit your right to screech at a Limbo for protecting an objective. Here's a link to the wiki page on it https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus/Vazarin

I am so done being the only guy on the squad healing the extractor 9/10 times

Same goes for Arbie Defense. Protective Dash is the only viable way of sustaining the defense objective - outside of just using Limbo's banish. There are other ways to improve their survivability i.e. Gara's 2 but they don't heal or outright provide invulnerability.

20 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

Same goes for Arbie Defense. Protective Dash is the only viable way of sustaining the defense objective - outside of just using Limbo's banish. There are other ways to improve their survivability i.e. Gara's 2 but they don't heal or outright provide invulnerability.

I mean, I managed to get a pretty good Arbi Defence duration with a Trinity spamming Blessing and EV almost all the time. Hey, if the other guys are killing most stuff for me, might as well use that to basically become an energy generator for everyone and me.

6 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You never minded because it's not an issue. The guy literally said he just wants to stand there and shoot. Why should anyone even have to move at all lol

Sure, my whole post is invalid, because one of my three reasons was personal preference, which I even pointed out in said point. If you have something to say about my reasons for disliking Limbo please go ahead and tell me why my two other points are "not an issue".

10 hours ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

You need to move throughout a wide area to infect as many enemies as possible in order to sustain a stable kill rate, which means I will occasionally need to go into other rooms to seek out enemies converging on the extractor. Which means, ideally, I'm leaving teammates to defend the extractor from the fatboi Grineer you need to Void Dash through as well as stray eximus units that spawn near the extractor

No, you really don’t. If you’re moving away from the objective in order to “sustain a stable kill rate,” then you’re playing poorly.

You don’t need to stack your spores up into the thousands to have value. It’s this kind of stuff that gives Saryn players a bad name.

If you’re running off to clear out spawns that aren’t a threat to anyone in your team, you’re effectively trolling. Depending on the tile too, you can also be pushing the next wave of spawns even further away.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop

Welp, ever since I found the Vazarin tree I kinda forgot about Zenurik... Having a universal heal/invulnerability stage apparently is quite useful in many many situations. 

-edit- stunning enemies and opening them to finishers instead of trowing them 1000 meters also tends to be beneficial. 

Hem... Is this thread 'bout one of the few OP kid dashes or has it derailed to "Limbo playstile" discussion 😛

Edited by Ahniar
Forgot sumthin

5 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Maybe the same ones who have called me out for telling them to roll out of banish if I happen to hit them by accident too.

Gods this, banished a rescue target and hit the Excal by accident and he raged. Also, had someone rage on a mobile defense once because they thought Limbo was the only one who could damage enemies in his cataclysm. 

Limbo I rarely have a problem with. Had someone not using decreased range for kuva survival but it wasn't a huge deal, just would hop in and out of the bubble as needed (was playing Gauss so if I am not moving around constantly there is an issue lol). 

Now things that I do have an issue with: Slova. Slovas drive me up a wall and across the ceiling.

2 minutes ago, Jhura said:

Gods this, banished a rescue target and hit the Excal by accident and he raged. Also, had someone rage on a mobile defense once because they thought Limbo was the only one who could damage enemies in his cataclysm. 

Limbo I rarely have a problem with. Had someone not using decreased range for kuva survival but it wasn't a huge deal, just would hop in and out of the bubble as needed (was playing Gauss so if I am not moving around constantly there is an issue lol). 

Now things that I do have an issue with: Slova. Slovas drive me up a wall and across the ceiling.

I had some people telling me to stop using my abilities on Hydron when I was playing low range while trying to unveil a riven, anyone had to just take two steps away from the cryopod for that while I was trying to keep it untouched for five waves, I wasn't even freezing anything outside of the bubble.

35 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I had some people telling me to stop using my abilities on Hydron when I was playing low range while trying to unveil a riven, anyone had to just take two steps away from the cryopod for that while I was trying to keep it untouched for five waves, I wasn't even freezing anything outside of the bubble.

Lol, it is so ridiculous. They wine because instead of standing ontop of the cryopod they have to stand like a foot to the side and use their peacemaker. How will they ever survive?! 

44 minutes ago, Jhura said:

Lol, it is so ridiculous. They wine because instead of standing ontop of the cryopod they have to stand like a foot to the side and use their peacemaker. How will they ever survive?! 

Actually pacemaker can be used while inside the bubble, most abilities work in those cases and I usually expect people on Defense to not really stick close to the pod in places like Hydron.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Actually pacemaker can be used while inside the bubble, most abilities work in those cases and I usually expect people on Defense to not really stick close to the pod in places like Hydron.

True, but you would be surprised.

18 hours ago, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Dunno why, but I've gotten a lot of crap for protecting Kuva Siphon Extractors as Limbo. Fine, whatever. What pisses me off is that the same community that unloads so much bile on Limbo players don't have the sense to show up with Protective Dash to compensate for the damage the extractor inevitably sustains now that the community on all platforms has succeeded in chasing Limbo's away from helping them. So here's my PSA: Either look up what Protective Dash is, invest in it and equip it before a survival or forfeit your right to screech at a Limbo for protecting an objective. Here's a link to the wiki page on it https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus/Vazarin

I am so done being the only guy on the squad healing the extractor 9/10 times

In my experience people don't usually yell at a Limbo that shows up with negative range so the bubble is just big enough to protect the target. People do get angry at max range Limbos that "mess" up the whole area.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Had a Hildryn rage quit on me because my cc was overriding hers but in the end it doesn't matter. More people need to educate themselves on Limbo mechanics.

I figured it out after a couple videos, wiki reading, and playing him for a bit.

Just like with everything, its ignorance on the other players part. You can exit the rift by rolling.

On 2019-09-26 at 12:11 AM, Renegade343 said:

I mean, I managed to get a pretty good Arbi Defence duration with a Trinity spamming Blessing and EV almost all the time. Hey, if the other guys are killing most stuff for me, might as well use that to basically become an energy generator for everyone and me.

Yeah, trinity is great in a squad with DPS. But I didn't think Trinity or Oberon heal the defense ally? Maybe it's just Oberon and I'm confused