Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protective Dash exists. Use it.

(PSN)alexadusei

On 2019-09-25 at 9:39 PM, (PS4)alexadusei said:

Dunno why, but I've gotten a lot of crap for protecting Kuva Siphon Extractors as Limbo. Fine, whatever. What pisses me off is that the same community that unloads so much bile on Limbo players don't have the sense to show up with Protective Dash to compensate for the damage the extractor inevitably sustains now that the community on all platforms has succeeded in chasing Limbo's away from helping them. So here's my PSA: Either look up what Protective Dash is, invest in it and equip it before a survival or forfeit your right to screech at a Limbo for protecting an objective. Here's a link to the wiki page on it https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Focus/Vazarin

I am so done being the only guy on the squad healing the extractor 9/10 times

Players don't really plan on doing siphons. They just show up to yet and out kill others. Main strike everything with a frame that doesn't promote teamwork. Nektos, Saryn , Khora , even Nova show up , nice. Inaros, Harrow, Mirage, Atlas, Loki show up, why are you here? 

Nothing to help others, nothing to protect payload. 

If they outside your bubble,  they are likely to far from objective which proves the point. I run max range Limbo in pubs. They don't even know bubble is up. Just stasis very rarely to keep ememies moving and keep bubble at max. No one gets one shot by bombards anymore, no siphons get destroyed. I haven't had any complaints. In fact,  as Limbo you can solo kuva longer.

57 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Players don't really plan on doing siphons. They just show up to yet and out kill others. Main strike everything with a frame that doesn't promote teamwork. Nektos, Saryn , Khora , even Nova show up , nice. Inaros, Harrow, Mirage, Atlas, Loki show up, why are you here? 

Nothing to help others, nothing to protect payload. 

If they outside your bubble,  they are likely to far from objective which proves the point. I run max range Limbo in pubs. They don't even know bubble is up. Just stasis very rarely to keep ememies moving and keep bubble at max. No one gets one shot by bombards anymore, no siphons get destroyed. I haven't had any complaints. In fact,  as Limbo you can solo kuva longer.

Yeah there is probably a bunch of us that do the same thing at the beginning of Kuva Survival: hit ESC and immediately check who we're playing with. It's hard not getting a little annoyed when a bunch of Inaros and Chromas are in the group, but I've tried to look at it a little different (if for anything but my own sanity). When I was far newer in the game, I knew very little about all the little mechanics and nuances and really only had one thing I was ALWAYS concerned about: staying alive. So just from that perspective, I can understand why certain players would play Inaros etc... (the list of frames that don't provide any help to the objective).

However, when said players have been around and are definitely not noob, then it can be hard to find a reasonable perspective. These likely fall into one of the reasons you stated.

I still don't really follow the Limbo bashing. I get that it creates a ranged weapon barrier on the field but the benefits far outweigh it. Getting energy regen and absolute protection, both for the objective and players, is def worth having to "work" around the cataclysm barrier.

I use Protective Dash as a pocket heal mostly.

It really doesn't do much outside of the occasional Sortie Defense save for me, but it does help when I'm solo and need a pick-me-up, healing other players with it on the other hand...all depends on how crazy their movements are.

My only problem with limbo are most of his players, I know how to exit the rift the problem its in mobile defense, I dont rage quit but surely call them out, just like I do with S#&$ty rhino players that think they are invincible.

In my experience not too many limbo actually know how to play well with others, its not competing its cooperating, I know what I talk about becuase I use mesa a lot and know how frustrating its for my party that I just sat in the defense do void dash to recover energy and brain death spam 4.

13 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

I get that it creates a ranged weapon barrier on the field but the benefits far outweigh it. Getting energy regen and absolute protection, both for the objective and players, is def worth having to "work" around the cataclysm barrier.

Exactly. With a bit of practice,  a good Limbo will drop the barrier completely but keep stasis active when your team is clearing enemies fast. That why you can instantly freeze using barrier while you rift walk if needed. Plus you can test your operator. My operator can kill lv 80 mobs very nicely

13 hours ago, Spyro_Haze said:

People yell at Limbos and this is a fact. But honestly, is there better frame for very long index or kuva runs?

People will make claims otherwise but the truth is Limbo is absolute best frame when there are no nullifiers. He becomes unstoppable. 

On 2019-09-26 at 9:25 AM, (NSW)Mycroft said:

Yeah a bad limbo is just worth abandoning for but I'd assume someone farming Kuva knows what they're doing.

For me, personally, it's the rift colouring and psuedo-cell shading that gets me, I really dislike it, though I'm fine with limbo as a frame.

The worst crime really is a limbo zapping an enemy into the rift and then forgetting about it. If no-one else is rift side, that enemy is pretty invulnerable.

But limbo is an incredibly strong frame, that in the wrong hands (not just trolls, most people who don't know how to work him when they first get him) is the most frustrating, up there with an unnecessary slova on the team. Or nidus not untethering an enemy. Or titania lanterning an enemy when not appropriate. Or most similarly to the cataclysm, frosts leaving bubbles everywhere. They can be popped with your 1 tenno!

Saryn and excal, no problem in comparison.

To be fair, a Limbo that knows what they are doing doesn't touch the 1 key unless it's a Sortie defense mission.

I remember a defense mission in Sortie. It was Hydron, level 100 enemies, we had a negative range Limbo and a max range Khora in the team. The defense target decided t o stuck himself in a corner of one the room. This was good news. The issue is that both Limbo and Khora decided to overlap their 4.

Just imagine finding enemies blocked in the next room against the wall by Khora 4 and going in and out of Limbo bubble.

That was the worst defense mission I ever had. And when I asked the Khora to stop using her 4, I was insulted of course.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze

On 2019-09-26 at 1:10 AM, K4RN4 said:

1. Any range bigger than the absolute minimum freezes enemies, instead of letting them walk closer to you -> you have to go to the enemies to kill them -> you kill slower, which is bad in survival. I know some people build for small cataclysms, but some don't so I wanted to mention it. (This problem is further amplified by the kuva fortress tileset, because in some tiles two floors can be so close together that cataclysm reaches to the next floor and the enemies get stuck there)

2. It's mostly about not being able to kill the enemies that get frozen, if I'm outside the bubble, so I have to move inside the small bubble to kill them and then back out again to kill anyone else. It's just an extra layer of work, that doesn't  really provide huge benfits to me. Limbo just makes the mission harder.

3. Sometimes I like to stand right next to the kuva thingy and shoot everything from there and that's something I cant do with a cataclysm. But that's more of a minor personal thing.

This^.  Freezing spawns and slowing the game to a crawl or negating the ability to do damage in any form just to prove how invincible your Limbo is isn’t a trade-off other players want.

I’m even hesitant to use Frost’s 3 for similar reasons.

Are there proficient Limbo players that consider the squad?  Sure, but most of the community has exhausted patience and benefit of the doubt in a PUG and just see Supreme Ego and Selfishness when a Limbo joins.