Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FrostDragoon

Share your keybinds!

Recommended Posts

I found in my interaction with certain players over the years that they really struggle with basic elements of the game like... movement. It turns out that most of the time it's because they use the (awful) default controls, so I drew up a picture to share mine in the hopes that it might help someone out there. I also want to encourage others to share theirs here so we can learn from each other and pick up helpful little tips and tricks.

HpgBT2H.jpg

Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have "6" bound to scanner because melee unequips it, F4 is K-Drive, F3 is Archwing charges, Mouse wheel up is Energy pads, and basically everything else is default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have numpad used for something, can't remember which key does what.

Scroll up is Melee and Scroll Down is weapon firing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people may call me crazy, but I actually run with the default keybinds. Definitely was a bit difficult to adjust and learn to Parkour 2.0 but it wasn’t too bad. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Give me some time, I'd like to do an image like you 😛

Here's the base image I used for a template

MQ052?wid=4000&hei=1800&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

Here's the base image I used for a template

Don't worry, I took an image of my keyboard & I'll also add my mouse along with it since I got macros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the problem, I got the QWERTZ layout, so my keyboard's different lol.

But really, I mostly use the default controls. Only change I can think of is that I set secondary fire to M5 (one of my 2 extra mouse buttons) because it's more comfortable than pressing M3.

 

Archwing, K-Drive, Scanner, etc. are all bound to the menu on Q for me.

EDIT: What kind of madman sets Crouch to Q ?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Some people may call me crazy, but I actually run with the default keybinds.

I see your crazy and raise you one Mouse + Controller combo 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

What kind of madman sets Crouch to Q ?!

That's actually the most important change other than moving Interact to E. Trying to use Ctrl + Space is hand-crunchingly arthritic... or will become that way if you do it long enough. Q + Space is very easy and comfortable. Try it out. It's surprisingly fluid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FrostDragoon said:

That's actually the most important change other than moving Interact to E. Trying to use Ctrl + Space is hand-crunchingly arthritic... or will become that way if you do it long enough. Q + Space is very easy and comfortable. Try it out. It's surprisingly fluid.

I just use C + Space for sliding. And then toggle Crouch so I don't have to hold down C.

Anyway... not so much a keybind, more of a mousebind, but I set my Fire weapon to be both Left Mouse Button and Mouse Wheel Down. Left Mouse button for automatics, held, and slow firing semi-autos, Mouse Wheel Down for fast firing autos. Now, if there were a third option for Fire Weapon, I would set that to Mouse Wheel Up for further improvements to firing semi-autos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renegade343 said:

I set my Fire weapon to be both Left Mouse Button and Mouse Wheel Down. Left Mouse button for automatics, held, and slow firing semi-autos, Mouse Wheel Down for fast firing autos.

This is actually a protip that I've been meaning to incorporate into my binds, but haven't gotten around to. The scroll wheel to shoot semi-auto is especially useful when you have Wisp buff up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Really hoping ps4 gets custum keyboard binds soon. Biggist change I'll be making is shifting movement over to ESDF.

I think that is a very smart layout, but it's too hard to overcome the muscle memory for WASD at this point. Been doing it for literally decades now, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

I think that is a very smart layout, but it's too hard to overcome the muscle memory for WASD at this point. Been doing it for literally decades now, lol.

Deffinitly. At first it's like playing with a numb hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

This is actually a protip that I've been meaning to incorporate into my binds, but haven't gotten around to. The scroll wheel to shoot semi-auto is especially useful when you have Wisp buff up.

I have Swap Weapon bound to Q, if that helps. Allows me to keep shooting immediately before starting the weapon swapping animation, rather than having a small pause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I see your crazy and raise you one Mouse + Controller combo 😄

You monster. :clem:

Jokes aside, what’s it like doing a mouse and controller sort of combo? Like, is it difficult to do or is pretty convenient?

1 hour ago, FrostDragoon said:

@xXDeadsinxX

I value my hands too much to attempt something like that.

True, you’re not wrong lmao. The default controls sometimes does get annoying at certain times though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I have Swap Weapon bound to Q, if that helps. Allows me to keep shooting immediately before starting the weapon swapping animation, rather than having a small pause.

I'd probably change the weapon swap to C or X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Trying to use Ctrl + Space is hand-crunchingly arthritic... or will become that way if you do it long enough

I dunno. 4 or so years of it now and still going strong.

As for me, keybound gear items to num-pad because QoL. Main change for me is focus is on 'Q' instead of... whatever it normally is. Much much easier to pop in and out as and when I need to.

Gear wheel and alt fire are on my thumb buttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I dunno. 4 or so years of it now and still going strong.

As for me, keybound gear items to num-pad because QoL. Main change for me is focus is on 'Q' instead of... whatever it normally is. Much much easier to pop in and out as and when I need to.

I don't know, that keybind seems to slow me down a lot when I need to evade quickly.

And last time I tried numpad binding, it seemed to have crapped out on me. Just need to find the cause and fix it, and then another remapping again (although binding half the gear wheel to keys 5 to 0 helps if you need emergency energy/health/ammo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...