Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FrostDragoon

Share your keybinds!

ALT + F4 when there is no content update and i claimed my login reward.

But other than that i have Kdrive and Archwing  on mouse and F keys for gear items.

17 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

ALT + F4 when there is no content update and i claimed my login reward.

But other than that i have Kdrive and Archwing  on mouse and F keys for gear items.

71sAb8+fcyL._SX425_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0

😛

2 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

That's actually the most important change other than moving Interact to E. Trying to use Ctrl + Space is hand-crunchingly arthritic... or will become that way if you do it long enough. Q + Space is very easy and comfortable. Try it out. It's surprisingly fluid.

I've been doing that for 4+ years.

No problems here.

2 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

what’s it like doing a mouse and controller sort of combo? Like, is it difficult to do or is pretty convenient?

It's been working out great so far (for me, in any case) in a variety of games.

In shooter-y games, you get mouse precision aiming and the comfort of moving with an analog stick, best of both worlds 😄
(Plus not least, in Warframe, you don't get bruised pinkies from spamming Bullet Jump or anything like that, heh.)

Certain "external" software (yay e.g. JoyToKey / Xpadder) can put multiple functions on the controller buttons,
especially in Diablo-style games / MMORPGs (without such innate features), these additional "command sets" come very much in handy,
e.g. using the d-pad for a set of offensive abilities but then switching to emergency item use while Left Trigger is held, stuff like that.
(Left stick I like to use for buffs / summons etc, I just do a slow rotation on the stick and bam, I'm all juiced up and ready to Leeroy dat ****.)

And it might take some (or, even more) getting used to, but reaching with your thumb past the d-pad to the right stick,
for shortcuts to stuff like Inventory / Map / Skills / Character Overview, I find that's super nifty as well.

I never claimed to not be crazy, quite the opposite in fact.

:clem:

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

-snip-

I never actually knew there was an external software before, it sounds pretty useful not gonna lie. 

Yeah my fingers hurt after awhile of spamming the ‘E’ button if I’m doing melee, which can be frustrating and annoying at times for sure.

Out of curiosity though, which one do you prefer more?

14 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

I never claimed to not be crazy, quite the opposite in fact.

True true, you’re not wrong. 

59 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Out of curiosity though, which one do you prefer more?

You mean software-wise? That'd easily be Xpadder, it's just chock-full of nifty features and yet pretty easy to use (I find).

Not least, I love its auto-detect for switching your config based on what game you're running
(including a blank config for when you actually don't want it to interfere with games),
it's an extra step in setup, but once that's done, you can start playing whatever and it all just works 😄

Put secondary crouch on "C," bind secondary jump to mouse thumb button.

I didn't like breaking my wrist to bullet jump spam.

i kinda have most of it on default controls. except operator = M4 on my mouse ; alt fire on M5, the backslash button ( \ ) for dropping arch gun, (+) button for kdrive, (-) button for archwing, (0) for energy pads. that's about it.

Default controls for the most part with some hot keys for the gear wheel.

6: Archwing Launcher

7: Tranq Rifle (Itzal means you can can hunt animals in archwing mode)

8: Arch Gun Launcher

9: Melee Channel 

J: Scanner

K: Echo Lure

L: Fishing Spear

B: K-Drive

Mouse wheel down: next power

Mouse wheel up: use selected power 

MeUUnpn.png

for my adjustments the most important parts are.... having both Hold and Toggle Crouch (yes, they are both useful), and having Roll and Sprint bound separately (combo binding them is artificially nerfing your Parkour skill, don't do it).

several things are still default because they're just fine where they are.

i i mention in the image... i might double bind Spacekid to L Alt, we'll see how needed that Melee function is in the future. not sure where i'm going to put Channeling or w/e it becomes instead, though... don't really have anywhere else to put it. maybe V would be passable.

i would love to have dedicated buttons to Hoverboard/Archwing/Archgun but the Gear Wheel is a huge f...in pain to try and setup custom stuff for (why can't we edit the Gear hotkeys while looking at the Gear Menu? ffs). if i did do that i'd probably use F1-F3 i guess.

my extra Keyboard keys get used more in some other games, where i need more special stuff on top of normal Keys - for Warframe i really only use a few in total.

unmarked since i forgot until now - i have background video recording set to:
Alt+9, save last 10 minutes
Alt+0, Toggle manual recording
i used to use Alt+1 & Alt+2 but Nvidia rammed a big one up me and decided to Hardbind some Ansel Shortcut to one of those two, making it impossible to use that. reeeee

Edit:
note, that i have been playing Video Games for about 20+ years so the movements required to hit this or that key or being able to press buttons repeatedly over long periods of time - is all totally natural to me and is a very relaxed experience.

if others experience something towards the other end of the spectrum my first suggestions are relax your hands and arms (these buttons aren't fighting you, no need to tense up), and angle your Keyboard towards the hand that is using it a bit, that massively increases the ergonomics of using it. i use somewhere around a 30° shift for my comfort. since our arms are attached to our sides, and the joints further emphasize that your arms are not supposed to be pulled in towards you, they should be bent and allowing your elbows to stick out.

56 minutes ago, taiiat said:

and having Roll and Sprint bound separately (combo binding them is artificially nerfing your Parkour skill, don't do it).

Not exactly. I know how to keep up with practically every person even with Sprint/Roll in one button.

Now this is a good thread.

I have a bunch of goofy binds, but these are probably the weirdest:

Left/Back/Right: A/S/D
Melee: W
Forward: right mouse button

Been doing it that way since forever.

20 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Not exactly. I know how to keep up with practically every person even with Sprint/Roll in one button.

compared with? if it's like, people you Matchmake with, Bullet Jumps are usually the most use of Player Movement that is utilized after just Walking and Jumping.
:P

combo buttons for Player Movement imparts restrictions to how many things you can do at once, and that's no bueno. 

Just now, taiiat said:

compared with? if it's like, people you Matchmake with, Bullet Jumps are usually the most use of Player Movement that is utilized after just Walking and Jumping.
😛

Conclave 1.0 and early Conclave 2.0 speed matches, until I took a long break. Figured Conclave wasn't too good for my mental health, so might as well.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

combo buttons for Player Movement imparts restrictions to how many things you can do at once, and that's no bueno. 

Honestly, the Sprint/Roll function is handy for me, since my preferred movement is always starting with a slide, meaning I preserve momentum even if I then decide to tap to Roll (i.e.: Releasing Sprint). I practiced enough to be able to basically do a slide roll and be back up sprinting with little lag time, then used that for combat (rolling to negate CC, the slide momentum to slide me away while I shoot backwards).

For any lefties like me out there that hate normal keyboard bindings in general.

Numpad
5123 = Movement
4 = Melee
6 = Melee Channel
789+ = abilities
0 = toggle sprint/ roll
. = hold to crouch
right arrow = jump
up arrow = reload/ activate/ pick up/ revive
left arrow = primary/ secondary fire modes
page up/ down = ascend/ descend in archwing
left click/ right click = shoot/ zoom
scroll = swap weapons
vbnm<>? and right shift are hotkeys

down arrow used to be equip melee, doesn't have a purpose now

Tab's the only thing I left as is :tongue:

WASD

Ctrl - crouch

LShift - roll

Caps - toggle run

QERTY - abilities + operator

Space - jump

Numbers - gearwheel

X - change firearm

C - reload

F - use

B - waypoint

M - map

Tab - progress

LButton - Fire

RButton - Melee

1Side Button - ADS

2Side Button - Ctrl+Melee

5 hours ago, Hyohakusha said:

For any lefties like me out there that hate normal keyboard bindings in general.

It's almost a mirror version of the right-handed approach, but it seems so strange to someone who's not used to seeing certain keys used for regular inputs. Very cool.

Hold to Crouch and Operator mode on mouse 5 and 4 respectively. Toggle crouch on c, run on q (the default for q is run/roll, I made it to be only run), roll on mouse wheel scroll down, altfire on mouse wheel scroll up (and tab for those weapons that have held altfires, I dislike pushing the scroll wheel), gear items on function keys (f1 to f12).

Rest is defaults.

I never understood how people use ctrl and shift for anything, they are way too far to be comfortable.