Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen & Nightwave Episode 5: Hotfix 25.7.7

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Averey23 said:

There is a problem with Loki Jotunheim Skin. The helmet energy doesn't change color and if i change color, the syandana jotunheim changes color instead.

Thanks for saying, thought I was the only one who caught that this is kinda weird, not sure if bug or intended. I surely hope not intended!

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Change Nightwave Silent Eliminator Act description to clarify that the minimum enemy level must be 30+, not the maximum

• Previous:
    • Complete an Extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without triggering alarms
  • New:
    • Complete an Extermination mission with only level 30 or higher enemies without triggering alarms

I'm afraid this is not indicative of the request at all. In fact, passing it through a few eyes confirms that it just looks either grammatically incorrect or misleading.
-> "I need to find a mission that has nothing but lvl 30 enemies? Where's that?"
A solution would be being clear and straight to the point. "Starting at level 30" should be sufficient even for those that do not have high English proficiency.
However, the issue with this challenge does not end there. It doesn't seem to acknowledge the infested faction, or at least seems to be completing sporadically for clients alone - as shown in the threads of the Bug Reports section of the Forums, as well as the state of complaints chat in the recent nightwave missions have caused.

Reduced minimum range at which Demolyst markers hide when close to the player to 5 meters from 8 meters.

Now this is a strange decision - the main source of complaints would be regarding audio indicators and colour coding, which have been deemed a bad design choice for decades now due to being difficult to register even for those without physical issues, in abundance of audio and visual content the game is throwing at them on a regular basis, and fully disregard the existence of players with particular needs in terms of perception. Leaving the enemy marker as  the sole point of realization where the enemy is leaves still demands a lot of running in various directions in absence of other cues, but it left time for people to search for it on the map. Once found, they would have sufficient time to deal with it before it reaches its objective of destruction. Lowering the distance at which the enemy marker appears leaves less time to deal with the demolysts and will inevitably leave those without beefy equipment or knowledge on game dynamics at a loss.
Increasing the distance at which the enemy marker spawns would be a solution, further than it originally was. Abandoning colour coding and audio indicators as a sole hint method would as well. Adding shapes to tower markers was a good step forward, although colourblind players still complain it's difficult to distinguish in a mess of enemies and trying to stay alive. Dismissing the polygonal frame around the shapes could solve this, or perhaps reshaping the entire marker into its respective shape. Perhaps somewhere in the future, the colour choices could be made accordingly to existing user-friendly design standards which would include those that cannot see certain tints against certain backgrounds.

TennoGen & Nightwave Episode 5: Hotfix 25.7.7

Changes:

• The Norg Mask, Mother’s Mask, and Grineer Mask now have a higher chance of appearing in Nakak’s store. This also fixes an issue where they would never appear - sorry!

I really dang HOPE SO.
It has been nearly a full MONTH and Norg and Mother's mask have not appeared a SINGLE TIME.

59 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This will be fixed (reduced to 3) next Hotfix!

Awesome. I was afraid that the required amount of codex scans for the new boss was an oversight when the update rolled out. Looking forward to more QoL changes!

Missed Vaporize Changes from Update 25.7.0:
This was initially meant for the upcoming release of Dethcube Prime, but it squeezed through the Mainline cracks.

• Vaporize's base Damage of 600 now multiplies with Mods equipped to your Sentinel's gun.
  • Increased Vaporize’s max Range to 30 meters from 4 meters.
  • Decreased the cooldown to 10 seconds from 30 seconds.

Massive POG! Praise the cube! \(O_O)/

But still waiting for the Buzlok fix. D;

Some questions on implementation of QoL changes:
- Is there and idea to make the minimap differentiate between types of loot? Like, one icon for Orokin cells, the different one for statues, another for resource caches, another for crystall argon and everything else. It's really disappointing when you just skip Ayatan sculpture that was laying around there because you didn't look enough or even when you looked at every corner, you just passed it by. Would be a really neat thing, because when you need something really rare you have to look through the whole map and sometimes the thing you need doesn't even spawn.

- Steve mentioned about implementation of option to always sprint, but for some reason we still haven't got it. I mean, there is a selector in options, but it goes for the archwings too and it doesn't really work there, because you have to regulate your speed while flying all the time.

- Appearance loadouts for Operators. If I want to experiment with the face sliders, but don't want to ruin the face I've already created.

- Archwing weapon should get a look. First of all, it takes a lot to unlock them to use on the ground - and it's not satisfying at all. It really isn't good when big, heavy guns straight up lose to just the usual ones. And I'm not talking about buffing stats (still, they should be buffed - it's rather comical when enemies die from the Braton faster, than from archgun), the feel of the guns themselves is very weird. It feels like you're not shooting the guns of the biggest calibers, it feels like you're shooting a needle guns. Oh, and also the animation of sprinting with weapons diagonally just doesn't work, it feels like your warframe is on ice blades or something. Like, its whole body can be looking straight ahead, but it's moving diagonally. I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

@[DE]Rebecca The reduction in the Demolysts' detection range was really unnecessary.  I am a person with a hearing disability and the visual cue is essential for me to play this game mode.  Please consider your "differently-abled" player base before making these decisions.  We are in Canada after all!

hace 3 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

A note on Episode 5:
Without spoiling too much on what Episode 5 brings, we wanted to provide a bit of information on ZEALOT CODES. 

Zealot Codes are required to engage in a new encounter brought in Episode 5.

What’s a Zealot Code? If you’ve noticed this, you’ll know completing these gives you access to Zealot missions: 
5b2509d3832938bc92ad52c326c01ea4.JPG 

(1 Zealot Code is acquired from completing 3 Infested Outbreak missions on a planet under an Outbreak. 2 planets are always under an Outbreak at all times, meaning you can get 2 Zealot Codes per day.)

If you have Zealot Codes in your Inventory, you can engage that respective amount of times plus with the more Codes you can continually earn. 

Fun fact: this mysterious encounter will return after Nightwave Series 2 ends on October 13th as a permanent new boss fight.

He should, at least, drop a piece of the weapon every time you do it, like every boss do with their respective weapon/warframe. 
Having to do the three other maps only to do the boss and get, literaly, nothing.

Not good, not funny DE. 

1 hour ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Oh... a boss that's time gated dropping RNG loot with invulnerability stages, now that's new and refreshing.

Whatever it takes to keep us not finishing the thing in one day, but rather in multiple days, if not weeks. Also have to love the invulnerability stages, they are absolutely the best in any given game, I personally love them more than anything. Oh snap, maybe I am a bit too passive-aggressive here.

I wonder if the people who can't play the game for more than few times a week appreciate this. You know, the people who play only during weekends or so because of work, school, military service or whatever.

Archived