Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zealoid Fight

TheLyricAinu

I was actually excited to play this fight. I hadn’t heard anyone even mention a hint of a new boss lately. I figured that because I played within the hour it was released I’d have fun figuring out what to do to kill it.

... then I pair up with my friend and go into pubs and it’s over in five minutes and I’m left wondering what the actual #*!% just happened. And the Pathocyst doesn’t even seem great at first glance, even if damage is amplified when glaives are thrown. You might as well use Mesa and take off the glaive entirely since we already have three ranged weapon slots. And since you can only get... what, three derelict codes a day? And duplicates are likely a thing? I’m not gonna waste my time grinding out what pleats to be MR fodder at first glance. I love Warframe, don’t get me wrong, but I think that I’m gonna take a long break after I finish this Nightwave. Wait until it gets content that actually seems good and fun for me. I hope others enjoyed it, and that they continue playing, because Warframe deserves the players... but I’m tired of doing dailies and Nightwave so I don’t gave to wait god knows how long till I can get them again, especially after switching over from my MR19 PS4 account. Best wishes to all of you. 

• Like 4

To be honest I'll sum up 'my fights'.... I'd been stockpiling the code to get in to the fight because I suspected we'd need them for it.

• Remember to take helios
  • Go into map, can't see anything because it's so dark (including zealoid), the torch is pretty useless as always and bright ability colours don't exactly help.
  • Find zealoid... melee a few times till it goes to stage 2
  • Find zealoid... after first run remember to mark him so he's quicker to find.
  • Spend most of the time running to and from the capsule guys because the duration (it is longer in solo) is tiny (or theres a damage cap) in public groups. 
  • When you've got the capsule run around chasing the zealoid who seems to teleport.  Sometimes needing to wait because the capsule bearer loses the zealoid...
  • Kill the healers
  • Rinse and repeat until dead

I was lucky I got all my rewards (that I know of) in 4 goes and to be fair I'm glad I did because it's not hard, no one died, and actually when I think about it it's actually not that much different from the exploiter orb fight... it's fundamentally the same capsule to kill/damage combined with needing to kill the support units to stop it healing.

29 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be honest I'll sum up 'my fights'.... I'd been stockpiling the code to get in to the fight because I suspected we'd need them for it.

• Remember to take helios
  • Go into map, can't see anything because it's so dark (including zealoid), the torch is pretty useless as always and bright ability colours don't exactly help.
  • Find zealoid... melee a few times till it goes to stage 2
  • Find zealoid... after first run remember to mark him so he's quicker to find.
  • Spend most of the time running to and from the capsule guys because the duration (it is longer in solo) is tiny (or theres a damage cap) in public groups. 
  • When you've got the capsule run around chasing the zealoid who seems to teleport.  Sometimes needing to wait because the capsule bearer loses the zealoid...
  • Kill the healers
  • Rinse and repeat until dead

I was lucky I got all my rewards (that I know of) in 4 goes and to be fair I'm glad I did because it's not hard, no one died, and actually when I think about it it's actually not that much different from the exploiter orb fight... it's fundamentally the same capsule to kill/damage combined with needing to kill the support units to stop it healing.

What are the rewards? if you dont mind me asking.

16 minutes ago, Shylo50 said:

I was actually excited to play this fight. I hadn’t heard anyone even mention a hint of a new boss lately. I figured that because I played within the hour it was released I’d have fun figuring out what to do to kill it.

... then I pair up with my friend and go into pubs and it’s over in five minutes and I’m left wondering what the actual #*!% just happened. And the Pathocyst doesn’t even seem great at first glance, even if damage is amplified when glaives are thrown. You might as well use Mesa and take off the glaive entirely since we already have three ranged weapon slots. And since you can only get... what, three derelict codes a day? And duplicates are likely a thing? I’m not gonna waste my time grinding out what pleats to be MR fodder at first glance. I love Warframe, don’t get me wrong, but I think that I’m gonna take a long break after I finish this Nightwave. Wait until it gets content that actually seems good and fun for me. I hope others enjoyed it, and that they continue playing, because Warframe deserves the players... but I’m tired of doing dailies and Nightwave so I don’t gave to wait god knows how long till I can get them again, especially after switching over from my MR19 PS4 account. Best wishes to all of you. 

It's possible there's some other hidden drop from the fight.  (Wolf dropped a variation of his mask as an Operator mask.)  If you want a better idea of how the fight goes, try doing it solo.  It takes a bit longer, but you'll at least have time to see what's going on at each phase.  Personally I like to collect weapons, so I'll try to get the pathocyst even if it isn't "teh most powerfulest thing evah!"  (A couple of content creators have commented lately on that problem - any weapon or Warframe that isn't obvious power creep is instantly dismissed as Mastery Trash.  😞  )

The fight is at least an attempt to do something different, even if, AGAIN, there are invincibility phases.  (Seriously DE, find a better way to handle that.)  And a self-aware Infested form opens up at least the possibility that Infested could eventually be brought into the Kuva Lich system (when and if that ever gets finished.)  I'd much rather have an immortal Infested nemesis than a Grineer.  Especially if they can come up with creative designs for them.

I believe there's also a dev post saying that after Nightwave Season 2 ends, they'll eventually add this boss fight as a recurring encounter in the game.  So if you don't enjoy fighting the Prealates, maybe it's time to cash out your Nightwave tokens on some Nitain or helmet blueprints and take a break for a bit.  I've heard Remnant From the Ashes is "kind of similar to Warframe," and that can even be played solo if you want.  Code Vein is coming out soon.  And it could be that you just need a break from gaming in general - maybe try learning to draw?  (I've been trying for years, I'm almost to the point where I don't immediately set fire to a drawing as soon as I finish.  Eventually I might get to the point where I don't completely hate everything I do!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

Spoiler

4 parts (supposedly tradable) for an infested glaive called pathocyst

10k creds, 2 blades, 1 subcortex and 5 neurodes.  Bp also drops from enemy.

Above in spoiler in case others don't want to read it 🙂

I don't know if there is some hidden reward in there either

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HellVOps said:

The Pathocyst blueprint, and then you need three components to build it.  (I think two blades and a grip, I'd need to look later.)  They all drop as possible rewards for killing the Prelate, so the ideal is that it would take four attempts to build the weapon.  It'll probably take more, since there's usually no duplicate prevention in boss drops.  😞  It's also a good time to get scans of the new Threshers if you haven't fought them yet.  I don't know if the "normal" Zealot squads can still spawn in the fight, and they'd be super annoying if they did.  At least one of them has... some power that instantly one shots me if it goes off when I'm playing Octavia.  That wouldn't be fun at all on top of the invincibility aura everything gets during this fight.

2 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

Pretty much new boss out already? Need 2 hours to get home grrr... any screenshot of that new boss?

I could find one if you really want but it's basically our new operator (the one from nightwave 2) suit but stretched out in a few places to make it look 'creepy'.

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I have the codes how i do access the fight? Can't see any new node or alert.

You have 2 planets where you can do a fight for the codes.  One of those planets has an assassination mission in the emissary derelict, or at least that's how it is on pc.

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I have the codes how i do access the fight? Can't see any new node or alert.

It replaces the Emissary Derelict missions.  Fight three Infested Invasion nodes, get the key, and then go to the big squiggly ball of tentacles hovering menacingly next to each planet the Infested can invade.  You can only do the fight once per key, and you only get one key per Infested Invasion.  So... like a max of three attempts per day.  😞

Just now, EmberStar said:

It replaces the Emissary Derelict missions.  Fight three Infested Invasion nodes, get the key, and then go to the big squiggly ball of tentacles hovering menacingly next to each planet the Infested can invade.  You can only do the fight once per key, and you only get one key per Infested Invasion.  So... like a max of three attempts per day.  😞

Complete the 2 invasions is a requirement? I haven't done them today and i see the usual derelict with sabotage not an assassinate, i have 10 codes already.

Sorry, I'm not sure.  Maybe it's a new kind of key that only drops now?  I did three Infested Invasion missions on Mars, got a key, stabbed the Prelate.  If there's more to it than that then I didn't pick up on it.  I can't check at the moment, since I'm away from my gaming computer for an appointment.

23 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

Pretty much new boss out already? Need 2 hours to get home grrr... any screenshot of that new boss?

From what I've seen it's essentially just a slight variation on the Zealots that randomly show up in your missions. 

Essentially just a dude in a suit, nothing cool like we where all expecting where you essentially fought Arlo in the form of a writhing pile of flesh and tendrils, 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

You can abort the mission after getting a drop you don't need.

Your code won't be consumed.

Rinse and repeat until you get the drop you want.

inb4 that's considered an exploit and they ban people, then again they did literally nothing to all the people who literally AFKd dogdays .... sooo *Ascii shrug* 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

You can abort the mission after getting a drop you don't need.

Your code won't be consumed.

Rinse and repeat until you get the drop you want.

Ohhhh... thanks. Going to put this on Feedback.

This will be like Kela Fight.

A big question mark.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

From what I've seen it's essentially just a slight variation on the Zealots that randomly show up in your missions. 

Essentially just a dude in a suit, nothing cool like we where all expecting where you essentially fought Arlo in the form of a writhing pile of flesh and tendrils, 

They would've thrown something more bigger in respect of Jordas... I'll see how cute it is later though...