Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you rather buy warframe or play it freely?

MarcinPi

Question

I spend hundreds of Hours to get in Warframe where I am.
But now I have kind of crisis... to get higher I would have to invest more money/time. And my question is about your experience - is it worth to pay play.

In general here is screen from my Profile:

gamescreen.online/warframeInventory

gamescreen.online/warframePrime

Edited by MarcinPi

16 answers to this question

I only use plat on stuff impossible to grind like vaulted prime parts & bp, riven worth purchasing but its on you, the rest I won't mind grinding if I find it pleasing to do so.

Money IMO is just a damn obstacle... not all fun comes along w/ money... it takes patience & effort to do or go somewhere how you want it to be in the game.

Edited by FerockQuartz

11 minutes ago, MarcinPi said:

I would have to invest more money/time.

You don't HAVE to invest either.. sure you can choose to forego some time investment by using money but you can just take your time and advance slowly.. an investment of money is not necessary at all and an investment of time is not urgent. 

I usually spend money on this game just to support the devs because of how good the game is for free. Never needed to actually put money in.

5 minutes ago, Arkennstar said:

You don't HAVE to invest either.. sure you can choose to forego some time investment by using money but you can just take your time and advance slowly.. an investment of money is not necessary at all and an investment of time is not urgent. 

I usually spend money on this game just to support the devs because of how good the game is for free. Never needed to actually put money in.

the thing is  that i always put a deadline for next achievements, and now i have noticed that the next level is for me almost not reachable (take too long time)...it's frustrating..

Never post unique profile screens that can be viewed from the owners prespective, while rare (since it's a direct scam attempt) sometimes black market dealers anounce they have an account to sell and use screenshots they grab from the internet in order to lure victims into buying an account that they do not own.

Since a report is tied with a name, the account reported to support will be yours because only the owner can take such a screenshot.

My sugestion is to remove the screenshot from your own profile.

You dont have to buy plat with $$ you can just trade for it...

Looks like you need to join a clan to.  

Around october 1st new relics are dropping for atlas prime, deth cube prime etc....  Max out your void trace BEFORE then,  max out your syndicates.  Then when the relics drops go after that stuff and try to get full sets right away and then sell em.   Use your syndicates to buy relic packs that rarely have current relics.  You wont even have to step foot off your orbiter to start the hunt.  

I have only put money into the game because I wanted to. Never felt like I had to. It is a large time investment to get to max MR (mr 27) but its also not a necessity to get to that point. You can enjoy the game and do all the quests without ever hitting max rank. That being said, as of right now, if you do want to hit max rank, you would need to level damn near everything in the game. I just hit MR 27 about 3 months ago, and I had to max out everything, weapons, frames, amps, archwings, pets, sentinels. Everything that gives MR exp. I really only recommend that for a completionist.

2 hours ago, MarcinPi said:

the thing is  that i always put a deadline for next achievements, and now i have noticed that the next level is for me almost not reachable (take too long time)...it's frustrating..

Well, then set the deadline further away if you see that it's impossible. Like some people say, you seem to have plenty to do yet. Don't really see what the problem is from these two screens (except that HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITH SO FEW WEAPON SLOTS????), but I have no issue spending money in Warframe. I am a grown ass man with steady income though. If RNGeesus just isn't hooking me up, I'll buy things if I want them hard enough. Warframe isn't my job, it's for fun, and it's free. I've played it for more hours than any other game, except for maybe WoW. 

I probably buy like 10 games per year at full AAA price. At least. If Warframe gives me the same amount of entertainment as these 10 put together, then can you not justify rewarding DE with your money, and yourself with a good time? Some people refuse to pay for anything which is fair and impressive, but I feel DE deserves some money. I want more updates, they're not going to make any if nobody pays. 

• Like 1

i bought the max amount of platinum with a 75% off coupon which was... 50 bucks i believe? and i barely buy anything. have almost 10k plat now. game has nothing meaningful to do if you just buy all the items from players and trying to get stuff was literally the only reason i have been signing in to play

You don't need to spend any money or plat. If you are collector type of guy like i am then slots are worth spending plat on. 1 full colour pallete aswell. Nothing more.

If you feel like supporting devs there is plenty of stuff to waste plat on. Skins, prime parts on market, rivens ect.

Buying primes is really dumb move tho, in time ull get them all anyway. See tenno planner. Infinite formas and rare materials as you do relics.

Reactors, catalysts and adapters are tempting too... but you get a lot of those from events and invasions.

Ps: Ivara and Harrow are the only frames i ever considered to buy with plat, you just need luck to get them.

Edit: Nidus is tricky too but i enjoy salvage a lot, even solo so i got him in no time.

It all depends on you, if you value your time more than some kash or want support devs then pay for stuff. This game only grew bcoz people payed. On the other hand plat is very easy to farm (only level stuff on infinite relic missions - look loki prices) or buyable with common 75% coupons. Stuff I farmed myself is more satisfying to play for me tho.

Edited by Spyro_Haze

14 hours ago, MarcinPi said:

I spend hundreds of Hours to get in Warframe where I am.
But now I have kind of crisis... to get higher I would have to invest more money/time. And my question is about your experience - is it worth to pay play.

1. hundres of hours? Is that ALL? I'm over 2 thousand hours and I've only been playing it for a bit over a year.

Money isn't needed. But I had no problem throwing some money DE's way because it has given me lots of fun.

Except for certain cosmetics and for slots there isn't anything that one NEEDS to buy with plat. And on top of that, you can earn plat in game (trading with other players) so all in all there's nothing that one can't get without spending money. How many games are that fair !?! Most games these days ask for 60USD up front, well 80-90-120USD if you want actually all the weapons/outfits/maps/etc.. and another chunk for the season pass and even more for those DLC's that aren't part of the season pass and additional funds for the in game micro transactions......

2. So investing more time (investing money being purely a choice) is up to you. If you aren't having fun with the game then why keep playing it. If you do, then all it takes is keep playing it.

As it's a game without an end you'll do well to keep in mind that eventually you'll get all that you wanted.

It's my 2 cents, but when it comes to whether or not I should spend (more) money on a game, I would ask myself if I enjoyed the game, and hope for a continuous service from the developers.

Of course there are other matters to consider, such as how much you could afford, your opportunity cost, is it meaningful to you, and would it really help you progress faster.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

Most of the stuff I have, I was able to get by playing the game. I have a bunch of cool prime frames and weapons that I didn't pay a dime for.

But because I play the game a lot and I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of this free game, I tend to spend some cash here and there. Not much, but I bought the Nyx/Rhino prime bundle, which had 1200 plat. I bought Wukong Prime bundle, which had around 2600 plat. And I bought Saryn prime bundle, which had 400 plat. I've played the game for maybe 200 hours in total over 3-4 years, 

With the plat you get from one of thos Prime deals, you can buy a lot of vanilla frames for example. Whenever I got a discount coupon, I would buy a new frame that I didn't have a single bp for yet. I spend plat on Orikin Catalysts/Reactors and Forma now. Not much else. 

And it did make the game more enjoyable for me to some extend, being able to buy Darvo deals, color palattes and vanilla frames did help my experience a lot. But it's up to you. There's plenty of stuff to get at a fast enough pace without paying money.