Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NWS2 Act 5 seems anticlimactic to me.

Oreades

I guess I can blame myself for psyching myself up thinking that the whole Arlo Arc was going to culminate in a big fight against Arlo, in the form of a gigantic writhing mass of flesh and tendrils. Then we got Suit Guy. Still haven't broken down and actually fought him yet so not sure how engaging the actual fight is but that really isn't the issue one way or the other. 

Personally I was kinda hoping Arlo was going to turn on Kenga in Act 4 and go all The Thing on him before absorbing his followers and that's almost what happened. Technically speaking one could infer from Nora that there is a bigger fight coming on Eris at some nebulous point in the future but that still doesn't curb the feeling that I was super psyched for the S2 plot line and then the feeling that it just sorta fizzled out at the end.

I am glad that the Zealot derelict fights will stay in the game after NWS2 ends, I really do like the idea of NW building up to mechanics that become a part of Warframe. 

• Like 5

I’m just wondering where this Zealoid Prelate guy fits into the Emissary storyline. 

Was he a result of the conversion of Arlo’s acolytes, or does he predate Arlo himself? What is “Arlo’s Light” and why does it make the infested invulnerable?

He kinda came out of left field for me, and the fight doesn’t answer much.

• Like 3

Just now, ExcaliburUmbra said:

I’m just wondering where this Zealoid Prelate guy fits into the Emissary storyline. 

Was he a result of the conversion of Arlo’s acolytes, or does he predate Arlo himself? What is “Arlo’s Light” and why does it make the infested invulnerable?

Presumably, the final form of all those Zealots we've been fighting.

According to his codex entry, he's 'bringing Arlo's word'. So assumedly, some kind of 'ancient' version of a Zealot. In leiu of confirmation otherwise, and given that he talks (unlike others), I'm going to say it's Kenga, post infestation, being constantly recreated and constantly killed.

Fate's too good for him, but whatever.

• Like 2

Not suprised to be honest, Nightwaves "story telling" is a waste of resources, rather would have a story quest or even a codex entry then have ot hear her voice over an over, a medicor Lotus replacement that people like even less.

We had it with the Wolf, some big dude huntign us for no reason, escaped from a prison we never seen the inside of at all even and never will hear of about, iamgining he should had hunted the grineer who put him in in the first place.

Now this infestation mastermind that goes nowhere again. There is more behind it sure, but that counts to every story so far, like with Lotus itself as example.

This on the other hand is a bait to lure is into something "amazing" that is not there, Nightwave rewards can be nice but the "story" that goes with each season so far is cra*.

A waste for me and not interessted, lost my interest in Warfraem since Nightwave started, doen the chore for the rewards but not feels good to do it and not hyped or happy to look forward by now, not evne towards the New War or Railjack/Empiryan, etc.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Well, the point is that the infestation has become smarter and is now trying to spread more actively. Arlo was just a means to an end, a puppet of the hive mind, not the mastermind.

The intelligence of the infestation hasn't been in question for a long time now, 

• The Lotus' line in infested rescue about how the Infestation seems to have actively tricked the target into the pod
  • Alad V teaching it how to absorb non biological entities.
  • Jordas being corrupted by the infested which seems to manifest in multiple personalities
  • Phorid flat out talking to us in Phorid Manifistation/assassination missions

It hasn't been a headless beast for a long time. 

22 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

I dont know if we already have all the data to say its anticlimatic. The boss fight is the end? Arlo's infestation is just the boss? I need more data, but i enjoyed the fight.

We do, since this is how this act ends. Is it the end of Arlo or this plot line, undoubtedly not but that doesn't stop what should feel like a climax or at least a clifhanger feeling like it's being overplayed. Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for. 

I just know I went from being almost on the edge of my seat for the first 4 acts and being kinda blegh in act 5. I think Act 4 would have made a better Act 5, you hit the end of the season with the obvious payoff of the realization that yeah Arlo is a monster, not that it wasn't telegraphed from Act 1 but still. 

12 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

I think it would have been cool if the Zealoid was Kenga and the exposition of Act 5 didn't leave that to any question. 

Theoretically speaking we might find out that it is/isn't after this hotfix fixes the scans and knocks them back from 30 to 3 but had there been no doubt that you where fighting Kenga from the get go I think I would have been a lot less dissapointed at not fighting actual Arlo. 

Better yet if Kenga had been surprised and forcibly converted insteada just kinda being in on the whole thing from the get go. Even if he had been trying to initially use Arlo out of greed for power. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 3

hace 7 minutos, Oreades dijo:

The intelligence of the infestation hasn't been in question for a long time now, 

• The Lotus' line in infested rescue about how the Infestation seems to have actively tricked the target into the pod
  • Alad V teaching it how to absorb non biological entities.
  • Jordas being corrupted by the infested which seems to manifest in multiple personalities
  • Phorid flat out talking to us in Phorid Manifistation/assassination missions

It hasn't been a headless beast for a long time. 

We do, since this is how this act ends. Is it the end of Arlo or this plot line, undoubtedly not but that doesn't stop what should feel like a climax or at least a clifhanger feeling like it's being overplayed. Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for. 

I just know I went from being almost on the edge of my seat for the first 4 acts and being kinda blegh in act 5. I think Act 4 would have made a better Act 5, you hit the end of the season with the obvious payoff of the realization that yeah Arlo is a monster, not that it wasn't telegraphed from Act 1 but still. 

I think it would have been cool if the Zealoid was Kenga and the exposition of Act 5 didn't leave that to any question. 

Theoretically speaking we might find out that it is/isn't after this hotfix fixes the scans and knocks them back from 30 to 3 but had there been no doubt that you where fighting Kenga from the get go I think I would have been a lot less dissapointed at not fighting actual Arlo. 

I'm expecting some kind of connection with Railjack so... need more data or wait until it comes to say something. I have the feeling this doesnt end here, dunno why...

Pointing to Eris... There's where we should take our ship, and i mean our Interceptor. We re gonna find something there. 

Edited by XzWasPzX

12 часов назад, Marine027 сказал:

We had it with the Wolf, some big dude huntign us for no reason, escaped from a prison we never seen the inside of at all even and never will hear of about, iamgining he should had hunted the grineer who put him in in the first place.

Oh, don't remind me. Wolf was such a wasted potential, it's just unbelievable how bad his storyline was and how much you could theoretically make it better with just some tweaks.

I was more than halfway expecting a reskinned Lephantis (Arlo head, Kenga head, guest starring head...) as the final showdown, but what we got didn't really disappoint. 

Still, I'd been expecting to cleanse the unclean from the getgo and what form the unclean would take wasn't really that big of a concern. It was going to happen regardless. 

One of the interesting things about the infested is they always come back and they can show up in a variety of forms. We'll see more. Count on it. 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Erudite Prime:

I was just bummed that Episode 5 didn't add to the rest of the plot. It just kinda summed up what has happened so far, then that was it. 

This is my main problem with Nightwave is less "show, don't tell", we get told how amazing we are the thigns we do and the story teh progress apperently nearby the season, yet nothing is really shown to us, a cheap Photora scene spinning around with Nora tell us what is supposed to have happened there.

I rather havea quest witha nice cutscene, but here I keep hearing the old excuse Warframe was never story driven much, but then hear i ask hose people, if story is not important then DE can remove it all togethert and not try withsuch cheap things like Nightwave and that museum cra*.

Because rather try adn make something of it and nto abandon it like countless other things we have in game by now.

Dear DE, get it together or oyu onyl damge yourself more and more, i like you and your game you created, the freedom in it and you not beeing pushed by greedy publishers, but by now you turn into companys like EA, Ubisoft, etc. My personal opinion and i do hope it gets better again one day.

On 2019-09-26 at 11:13 PM, Marine027 said:

There was a reason he hunted us. And he did engage other factions when he spawned, he simply enjoyed beating up Warframe's more so you rarely saw it.

There was plenty of reasons to hate both season one and especially the Wolf, but direct it at legit things.