Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BloodKitten

i know people hate unskipable cutscenes, but need a check system.

Recommended Posts

just a though, could it be possible to have the game make a check befor the boss spawn, if a player has already seen it or not? if one player in party has not seen it yet, make said cutscene unskipable? (also make sure the new players is atleast in the room befor a boss spawn)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

(also make sure the new players is atleast in the room befor a boss spawn)

Which is fine if the other player keeps up etc but there are times when certain players decide to 'farm every locker' before we get to the boss. 

There's also the issue with loading into a mission that still hasn't been fixed where if the host skips the intro video, we're stuck in it till it's done and then you find the rest of the squad half way through the mission.... oh and we still have users who continue to play on toasters and dial up.

Honestly, I'd rather they ADD cutscenes into things which don't have them, especially when they take almost as long as the mission (profit taker missions for example).  Actually I'd like to fully remove 'cutscenes' from some missions they completely ruin the flow and half the time I end up facing the wrong way after them....I'm looking at the phorid, then there's a cutscene and I'm now looking at a wall in the opposite direction....

If a player wants to see cutscenes there is always the option to go do a mission solo.... I normally do my first try solo so I can do scans for the codex.

 

Edited by LSG501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Re: players in the room: It should be like double-switch doors, only require two people. No more. That guarantees at least half the squad is in attendance.

Bosses should be, as with the new Nightwave one, designed in such a way that you can't finish it in under 10 seconds before everyone gets to the room. (Phorid is probably the fastest boss to kill that I see on a regular basis, or that I don't, because it's always dead by the time it's spawned in if you're not in the room already)

Edited by Scorn
Removed an idea, crossed another; better input by Zuzu below

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

just a though, could it be possible to have the game make a check befor the boss spawn, if a player has already seen it or not? if one player in party has not seen it yet, make said cutscene unskipable? (also make sure the new players is atleast in the room befor a boss spawn)

Have you considered playing solo?

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate your idea because it punishes 3 other people.

Instead it should just skip for everybody but the player who hasn't seen it.  If you want to see it that bad, then it should be you who watches, not the other 3 players.   It should be instanced on a per-player basis, each player can skip their own video instead of the host skipping for all.

This would also fix the annoying issue of when you get stuck behind and then somebody else spawns the boss so you're forced to even start the stupid cutscene, all but assuring you'll never make it to the boss arena before the boss dies.

None of this is to mention that the cutscenes for bosses aren't even usually cutscenes for crying out loud, the boss just walks in and makes a taunt, noise or grunt and then the fight starts.  Playing this game you will see them all 10,000+ times.  Don't you worry.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Re: players in the room: It should be like double-switch doors, only require two people. No more. That guarantees at least half the squad is in attendance.

Co-op doors are one of the worst design choices in this game.  I would actively pay DE $1000s of dollars to remove them.  Even if you open the door with me, I 100% garauntee you I will still 1 shot Phorid and you will be lucky to see his ugly hide for half a second.  

The co-op doors are one of the biggest annoyances in Warframe PUGs because you end up with - as somebody above mentioned - the stragglers who stay behind to open every locker etc.  You can't choose your public squad, so it's a mixed bag - but knowing its a mixed bag it should be obvious that it's poor design to try and enforce rigid structure. 

I do agree with you on the bosses - but I'm highly against mandatory player count checks.  People are not guaranteed to follow the dotted line, so to speak, and requiring them to only creates frustrations for the players that actually do.  Those of us who do play the missions as an objective based activity are forced to wait for people who don't want to or aren't playing objective.  It's bad.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Co-op doors are one of the worst design choices in this game.  I would actively pay DE $1000s of dollars to remove them.  Even if you open the door with me, I 100% garauntee you I will still 1 shot Phorid and you will be lucky to see his ugly hide for half a second.  

The co-op doors are one of the biggest annoyances in Warframe PUGs because you end up with - as somebody above mentioned - the stragglers who stay behind to open every locker etc.  You can't choose your public squad, so it's a mixed bag - but knowing its a mixed bag it should be obvious that it's poor design to try and enforce rigid structure. 

I do agree with you on the bosses - but I'm highly against mandatory player count checks.  People are not guaranteed to follow the dotted line, so to speak, and requiring them to only creates frustrations for the players that actually do.  Those of us who do play the missions as an objective based activity are forced to wait for people who don't want to or aren't playing objective.  It's bad.   

Maybe you're right about the doors. They don't always spawn in all missions as it is, anyway.
In my experience, in squads of four, there's usually at least other person who can keep up, hence the rule of two, but there can still be entirely distracted parties, though. 


Boss phases are probably the safest implementation to guarantee all players can at least see the boss in some measure

 

Edited by Scorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...