Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think the next mainline will include difficult or sustainable content?

(PSN)sweatshawp

Just now, K4RN4 said:

Sure you don't need to reroll, but you still could to squeeze out a few more points of damage. To me that's something I like to do, so I do it, if it's not fun for you, then I see the point of your post.

I understand it’s fun for some. And I respect it and I’m happy that they enjoy it. But I just don’t see the point in squeezing out more damage if I’m already one shotting the enemies or two tapping them prior. Personally if we had content to want me to squeeze out that damage I’d love rivers and as much as you do!

6 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Magus Lockdown and Unairu armor strip say Hi.

I’m telling everyone run that plus arcane ultimatum and adaptation on a ash rising storm build with rolling guard it will make inaros cry

inaros - but I’m a tank I’m undying 

nidus - no I’m undying 

ash - lol cool story 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
Rising storm

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Do you guys recall thr devstream introducing a sneak peek of Hostile mergers? There's a lovely bit where Rebecca says "they're level 30 now so this is tough"... yeh.... 

We're not getting any difficulty and this is why. The devs are terrible at their own game, too much god mode during play testing and not enough actual learning.

Yeb. Thats why sentinel weapons are bad.

1 hour ago, BansheePrime said:

All she did was call it high level. Not tough.

That aside, before expecting any kind of endgame or “sustainable” content, (fyi that’s such a god damn vague term you’ve got there) we would need a huuuge damage, scaling, ai and enemy mechanic overhaul.

I use sustainable vaguely because it’s different for some. My version of sustainable may be  32 player ship battles with full fledged bosses in space on railjack while yours might be 2 hours in mot 

Difficulty? nope, this is wf

Sustainable? Maybe, im pretty sure the "modding system" for railjack has random stats, so you ll have to farm to get better rolls. But since cheap builds ll be able to clear the whole thing pretty easily, it ll be about completionism and self accomplishment quest. If there is any good way to get kuva it ll be sustainable as long as you care about getting needlessly stronger weapons.

7 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I use sustainable vaguely because it’s different for some. My version of sustainable may be  32 player ship battles with full fledged bosses in space on railjack while yours might be 2 hours in mot 

Oh wow this clears up so much i've been confused about in regards to the term "sustainable content" in the warframe forums specifically. Apparently you, and I can assume other warframe forum goers as well. Have for some reason ended up using the term "sustainable content" as a blanket term for whatever your own personal prefered type of content is and what you feel you would play a lot of.

Well now things are a lot clearer for me since whenever i've read about "sustainable content" here it's always sounded more like wishlists for specific content rather than actually asking for content designed in sustainable ways. But now it all makes sense again, so thx a lot for that mate.

One thing i'm still curious about though is why not just directly say its your preference instead of throwing all the ideas/requests/whishes together into the "sustainable content" term?

Just feels like it would be more clear what your asking for then, and it wouldnt create so much of a disconnect between what your asking for as what your saying your asking for.

Which really might make communication easier to establish, both between players and between the community and the devs.

20 minutes ago, Sigma-118 said:

Oh wow this clears up so much i've been confused about in regards to the term "sustainable content" in the warframe forums specifically. Apparently you, and I can assume other warframe forum goers as well. Have for some reason ended up using the term "sustainable content" as a blanket term for whatever your own personal prefered type of content is and what you feel you would play a lot of.

Well now things are a lot clearer for me since whenever i've read about "sustainable content" here it's always sounded more like wishlists for specific content rather than actually asking for content designed in sustainable ways. But now it all makes sense again, so thx a lot for that mate.

One thing i'm still curious about though is why not just directly say its your preference instead of throwing all the ideas/requests/whishes together into the "sustainable content" term?

Just feels like it would be more clear what your asking for then, and it wouldnt create so much of a disconnect between what your asking for as what your saying your asking for.

Which really might make communication easier to establish, both between players and between the community and the devs.

Wow omg you’re so great! 

Okay in all seriousness the term of sustainable content for many is content that doesn’t require the reward or such for people to feel inclined to go back and play. People would play it for fun. Something you find fun or enjoyable. DE has had a problem creating content like this in the eyes of many and has even stated this thenselevs. Look at how a massive playerbase leaves after a month or two within a mainline maybe shorter. The reason I’m not listing anything specific is because of that reason. I don’t know what everyone wants and I’m not speaking for everyone. Im also not on the dec team so I’m not openly designing the game. Offering suggestions or ones own opinions on this forum is suicide as well. People are quick to dismiss anything short of “warframe is great” 

the issue itself still stands for many however. If you feel like warframe has sustainable content as is that’s great! But a good amount of people don’t feel like that. Not just in the forums but the active playerbase currently  will show that as well.

im not trying give my own opinion in the thread about what I think they should do about an update that hasn’t released. I’m asking do you think this content will be sustainable for the general public vs having a large dropoff after a few weeks to a month of gameplay per usual

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Miser_able said:

If only it were that simple. It their coding were faulty, All their coding would be faulty, meaning most if not all content would break every update. 

It’s not that simple but it’s not that hard. The issue stands that LOR was coded improperly and would break for years. Instead of applying a temporary fix, knowing this content and code did not sit with the base game they should’ve looked deeper and tried to figure out how and what’s causing this to break during  every addition because it was so unique. But LOR wasn’t popular enough in the community to warrant that. It’s still no excuse a long standing issue would remain in the game for so long. But it is DE they are fixing known and large bugs from many years ago

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Do you want me to give you the textbook definition?

How do you make difficult content for those who can brute force any kind of difficult content with powers and builds and make sustainable content that doesn't involve eternal grind or extremely low RNG? I would like to know

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, 844448 said:

How do you make difficult content for those who can brute force any kind of difficult content with powers and builds and make sustainable content that doesn't involve eternal grind or extremely low RNG? I would like to know

Fixing changing or impmenting more enemies to counter massive damage 

capping dammage possibly not just for players 

fixing the scaling of armor health and shields etc (but that’s beating a dead horse)

adding modes that could scale enemies higher (but fundamentally based on how warframe is made it still would not make a difference unless they change how enemies are done from a fundamental standpoint)

making better ai (but that’s beating another dead horse)

the options are up to the devs.

as for sustainable. 

It dosent have to be a grind or tie into rng for it to be sustainable at all. I’m aware everyone’s not going to be pleased with everything DE does yet it’s because most content in warframe right now is only as good as the rewards you get. Me and my gf play and her being somewhat new MR5 and being a causal player (I’m aware she dosent speak for every causal player) she told me outside of the story quest there isn’t anything warframe really has to offer that’s playable over and over again to her.  And that’s coming from someone who still has a hefty amount of content to try(I’m sure she’ll change her mind I hope so )

I went off on a tangent most players play for rewards and lately rewards haven’t been  the best.  

Outside-of the rewards very little game modes require engagement. Very little modes keep you engaged vs you just rolling through a mission one shotting everything (which isn’t bad at all)

very little content in the game is engaging engaging and fun for people to do or locked behind a massive grind (orb)  many gamemodes or content dosent require you to be actively paying attention to the game or focused. 

If you’re not engaged in many cases you lose interest In a product.

im hoping railjack will be engaging because of how different it is.  

It will probably have replay value in the sense that the rewards will be all for the new system. Whether or not the rewards will be relevant outside of rail jack, I dont think is likely (other than maybe common resources or endo). The last thing they want is another archwing fiasco. An isolated subset of the game without meaningful rewards.

If they introduce more arcanes in the new mode then it will have some replayability considering all that we consider to be endgame right now involves arcanes (eidolons and arbitrations).

In terms of difficulty, they have a blank slate to work with. They have the chance to change core systems of the regular game in this new mode to make it more challenging. They have a chance to create a whole new system of balance, something that has gotten out of control in the regular game.

• Like 2

This game is not built around veterans.   Never has been and for financial reason never will be.   This game makes its money from new players because DE does not depreciated the power of existing assets.   This means once you hit higher MR's you are very unlikely to ever need to spend a $ on plat again.   Furthermore, new players do not need difficult content (people forget what it was like to be new tenno) and new players do not need sustainable content because warframe has 200+ hours of reasonable content.

Thus..to answer your question sufficiently...NO.   The vets will come in...burn it out in under a month a month...and complain until the next drop because the game is not built around them.

Edited by Chappie1975
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’m exited about the new mainline. But I do wonder if it’ll contain some new content that has a lot of replay value then what’s currently in the game from my own personal opinion. I wonder if railjack will have some sort of difficulty vs more tedious team communication that was shown in LOR. 

Do you guys think the rewards would be good? 

And if yes or no do you think railjack and the rest of the mainline has a lot of replay value put into it? 

Warframe and sustainable content. You do realize people have been playing for over half a decade, right? It's the weakest arguement on this forum. Just say "I want more of my personal favorite content".

Difficulty. For us vets, not majorly in Railjack. Remember, not everyone wants to be pushed into a difficulty that would make them not play the game. That's a select few, not a great majority. However, I do see them adding secret zones that are Mot level raids that would make use of the kingpin system. As long as people stop making dumb arguements like "no bullet sponges" while also saying "no gating", then DE can continue to experiment with options. Puzzles are time gates and most tough raid bosses are massive bullet sponges. Point to a suitable boss and tell DE to take notes.

At this point hearing "sustainable content" gives me cringe. It's so overused and ppl never say what their idea is for such thing.

Tho it's not like that matters because "sustainable content" is rather a concept than something that would be possible. At least I never played a game that had "sustainable content".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chappie1975 said:

This game is not built around veterans.   Never has been and for financial reason never will be.   This game makes its money from new players because DE does not depreciated the power of existing assets.   This means once you hit higher MR's you are very unlikely to ever need to spend a $ on plat again.   Furthermore, new players do not need difficult content (people forget what it was like to be new tenno) and new players do not need sustainable content because warframe has 200+ hours of reasonable content.

•The game isn’t built around new players either. The casual market yes. But due to its low player retention and terrible new player experience warframe is anything but built for new players. 

•Show me proof that newer players are more included to spend money on a f2p title because in most cases with every f2p game new players are the least likely. How is this different in WFs case. Especially when most new players drop the game. Most vets do support the game financially.

me being a vet. And having the inventory to trade for plat just bought

wukong prime accessories- $60

saryn and valkyr prime accessories -$40

the most recent obsidian collection for PS4 -$20

not because I wanted plat but to support the devs and for pure cosmetics. 

Thats $120 from a vet.

most micro transactions come from mid geared to veteran players. Because we’ve been playing the game longer and are more inclined to spend money on something we’re more comfortable with. Clan leaders buying hordes of plat for plat giveaways 

in pc players getting plat coupons. 

*meh 200 is a stretch also I wrote a lengthy paragraph and all but my browser refreshed and I lost it