Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think the next mainline will include difficult or sustainable content?

(PSN)sweatshawp

anyways if the wanted to make the game more active, then i would say give the units more personality besides just stand or walk slowly and shoot at you till either you or the unit is dead. but don't make it to the point those mobs are obnoxious with their personality. lets say havea bombard drop some landmines every once and a while to test your awarness to your suroundings. have lancer try to stay a certain distance away from the player far enough to be out of melee distance but not far enough to be a bullet jump or 2 away. here is just some ideas that at the current moment i don't see as too much of an frustrating to deal with then again the idea's might get on others nerves. but theres the idea.

also adjust the requirements of anything like survivals or any other endless missions to make sure to that the personalities of the units don't give them too much of an advantage. 

Edited by maddragonmaster

Difficulty doesnt go with the genre warframe covers, and when will we stop using buzzwords like "sustainable content"? You know, that is not a thing, right? It doesnt exist and will never exist, the word itself has a meaning, and that meaning is very much not possible to achieve in game development of any kind.

7 minutes ago, Senedar said:

Difficulty doesnt go with the genre warframe covers, and when will we stop using buzzwords like "sustainable content"? You know, that is not a thing, right? It doesnt exist and will never exist, the word itself has a meaning, and that meaning is very much not possible to achieve in game development of any kind.

It’s very possible amongst many games...... and is existing in multiple games and genres as we speak

• Like 1

How does everyone feel about Warframes current state and why? 

Right now I don’t think it’s in a great place but it’s not in a absolutely terrible place. I do think warframe has its fun moments and I still love the game a lot! It’s just virtually nothing to do for me and my friends or for a lot of people who have sinked a lot of time into the game in my personal opinion at least. I’m excited for the new update I hope it has a lot for vets and seasoned players to do and enjoy over and over instead of short lived content which I personally feel like DE has been putting out

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It’s very possible amongst many games...... and is existing in multiple games and genres as we speak

Yea, sure, go and read the definition of sustainable, it does not exist and will not exist unless someone can create a super-AI that develops the game as you play.
Replayable is not Sustainable, they are different words for a reason, and replayability only goes so far.

I no longer sign in to do my syndicate mission runs and I tried farming the new frame for a hot minute and was just like "Eh" and quit. I'm skipping this round of primes as none of them interested me personally. I think I'm at the point where I'll check out from this game for a while as I was randomly putting forma in a weapon and had to ask myself why. I think I'm one of the exceptions as I had every weapon that came up until now and just began to notice the overall pattern and lost interest. I kind want a reason to play and so far they haven't given me one. Not hating on the game but I think I'm ready to move on and see about coming back if anything worthwhile happens.

• Like 2

On 2019-09-26 at 9:16 PM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’m exited about the new mainline. But I do wonder if it’ll contain some new content that has a lot of replay value then what’s currently in the game from my own personal opinion. I wonder if railjack will have some sort of difficulty vs more tedious team communication that was shown in LOR. 

Do you guys think the rewards would be good? 

And if yes or no do you think railjack and the rest of the mainline has a lot of replay value put into it? 

If in the synonym sense, you are equating “sustainable” to “infinitely replayable”, then no.

We as players are the fuel that drives the very engine that so many have disdain for.

We want frequent content and DE does it’s best to satisfy the insatiable beast while trying to make a profit.

Then when frequently given, it isn’t enough.  Not good enough, not actual “content”, not end/game enough, not “x” enough.  

DE then takes longer periods of time to provide more in-depth content, and then the “content drought” complaints hit.

So now DE is trying to split the difference.  PA, NW, weapons and frames and mini-quests doing their best to hold back the mounting pressures that build with the challenges of ever-more expansive mainline updates that the community demands.

I’m at the point where I really am missing the lore/story.  But I am just one type of player.

you know what? as i take a breather and look back. everyone has their own opinion on whats fun. also people tend to toss what ever set of words they think sounds nice to explain what they want. whether it gets their opinion out or not.  when ever a person see something they perceive as threat to their enjoyment that meet that with hostility whether it was truely a threat or not. take me for example, when ever the words difficult, challenge, and what else people has said to relate to those words i end up assuming the worst, though my first comment wasn't really anything note worthy. just me jabbing at the fact that we are our own worst enemy when it comes to difficulty. sure DE has let power creep run rampant, but when ever DE tries to fix it, we don't really meet that chance with positive criticism. we useally cry out unfair nerf and what not whether it was truly unfair or not. 

plus we tend to spread out the meta builds far faster then the build that are just ok  with handling most of the content with out going to extremes. take chroma for example, most of the builds are about pumping as much strength and duration mods in to the point his range and efficiency is terrible. 

i can admit i am terrible at explaining or too blunt on the subject but its the problem. and it is going to take a while till DE reign in the power creep. so what can we do till then? maybe start suggesting builds for general use rather then overly specific use. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

How does everyone feel about Warframes current state and why? 

Right now I don’t think it’s in a great place but it’s not in a absolutely terrible place. I do think warframe has its fun moments and I still love the game a lot! It’s just virtually nothing to do for me and my friends or for a lot of people who have sinked a lot of time into the game in my personal opinion at least. I’m excited for the new update I hope it has a lot for vets and seasoned players to do and enjoy over and over instead of short lived content which I personally feel like DE has been putting out

Overall I think it is stuck in this weird growing pains state at the moment.

We're currently waiting on a large (supposed) change of state that will come from Empyrean and as a result the current state of Warframe has been static for several months, sure we've had a new game mode in Disruption and two new bosses (Ropa and the Zealoid) but outside of these small additions it has been a while since we had any new large chunk of something to bite into.

I'll liken it to my time spent on the Switch version since the launch, initially it launched before Fortuna was even ready, which gave me time to catch up to many of the things I hadn't cleared from my PC account, by the time I was nearly caught up Fortuna was in the pipeline ready to drop (albeit in a buggy state) and that gave me something to do or work around for a fair amount of time (mostly I just wanted the Archgun launcher and maybe a Kitgun) but I hit the end of my time in Fortuna several months back, were it not for building my arsenal and solo clan I would have run out of objectives much sooner.

For players who didn't have to play catch-up like I did things have been much more static for a much longer time, mostly in the new large chunks department, and that is what I think we've been lacking for a while, we've had small appetizers that have released, but nothing that players can quite sink their teeth into and figure out quite like how PoE and Fortuna were initially.

This is why I'm on break until Empyrean launches, because I don't have anything I want from the small bits of content that DE has been outputting and want something new, which has been promised through Empyrean. Overall I don't think Warframe is in a particularly bad place, but it has somewhat stalled out and is waiting for the next big jump to occur.

• Like 1

ofc it wont, ittl be the same as poe/fortuna, something that looks novel for a week or so, then once the standing/timegating grind kicks in and you realize there is not much to it then you will get bored fast, but as whatever is new will be locked behind an epic grind fest of boredom you will either do it all regardless or if you dont like whatever means they use for progression like I did with poe/fortuna (fishing/mining and other boring stuff), ignore it all.

there will never be difficult content because all the new guys will complain that its too hard and they still have a right to be able to get the rewards hidden behind these hard missions.

In short all content has to be available to all players, so the only alternative is to add a very hard mission with a rubbish reward, but why do that?

6 hours ago, beercritch said:

there will never be difficult content because all the new guys will complain that its too hard and they still have a right to be able to get the rewards hidden behind these hard missions.

In short all content has to be available to all players, so the only alternative is to add a very hard mission with a rubbish reward, but why do that?

Exactly, Warframe will never have actual endgame because of the inevitable whining of the community if it's too hard/challenging/has entry barriers because DE keeps giving in and dumbing down/removing content when too many players and partners cry all over the place.

I highly doubt that railjack will be sustainable/endgame content and just be some casual difficulty mission mode with underwhelming rewards, and sadly the long time they have invested in the development will last about a month or two of interest for most.

I would gamble that railjack will certainly give us hrs of play of various difficulty.  And the kuva lich system could in time create powerful foes.

But i don't think it's realistic for the hardcore folks to ever be completely satisfied.  Give it time they'll still complain that its not hard enough.

De is better if aiming mainly at average players then either of the extremes.

Whether its hard are not I'll enjoy flying around exploring just for fun.  I don't play games for challenge.  It's stress relief and a reasonable story I'm after.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

The thing that most hardcore min maxers don't realize is that everything can be solved.  There's always a best setup, and once you find that best setup, it becomes boring fast if you just stick to that one setup.  That's why everything is technically 'easy' in that everything in a mathematics based game like warframe there will always be a best way to execute x, y, or z.  Take tricaps for example.  Chroma is the best frame for DPS to one shot the limbs if you mod your weapon and frame optimally for eidolon fights.  Trinity best way to keep lures alive.  Volt to boost damage further with shields when using operator amps to shoot the eidolon.  4th frame limbo because he can make you invulnerable on demand with cataclysm.  

Will railjack fulfill everyones hopes and dreams?  No.  Can't please everyone, it's impossible.  Some will find railjack not to their liking in some regard and stop playing railjack after a week.  Others, months or years down the line.  There is still a lot we don't know about railjack, and frankly it makes it a lot more exciting that way.