Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NEW BOSS FIGHT IS ALSOME

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

9 hours ago, Aldain said:

...I honestly can't tell if this is legitimate or sarcasm.

CURSE YOU POE'S LAW!

I don't know anymore if everyone else's bossfight standard is really low, or if my bossfight standard suddenly skyrocketed...

For me, the most interesting thing in that fight was the new HP bar. Everything else was just mind-numbing boring or annoying.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Quantaminum:

I don't know anymore if everyone else's bossfight standard is really low, or if my bossfight standard suddenly skyrocketed...

For me, the most interesting thing in that fight was the new HP bar. Everything else was just mind-numbing boring or annoying.

Your standards may very well just be above what warframe has to offer and there is nothing really wrong about that. Compared to other regular bosses in the game like sergeant and sargas ruk the prelate marks a big improvement though and I think that's what people are excited about. If you are used to more complex boss designs from other games then the new boss will have it hard to convince you.

35 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I liked the mechanics in the new boss fight and the way they interacted. Was good fun to learn while screaming past at mach 3.

Its quite clear this is what the empyrean bosses content is going to likely be aimed at and i hope they take the time to re-do the old bosses to give similar design fun. The lantern gag was a nice touch since it basically made people actually think instead of just shoot the boss with massive hitscan weapons to easily break its `weak points`. Throw in the health bar actually being at the top of the screen, which if i recall was a nice design touch i believe the borderlands 2/pre-sequel/3 done, not sure if they were the first ones though. It gives a nice tension at how strong the boss actually is plus you do not have to constantly look at the boss to know how much health it has left, especially if you want to know if your actually chipping away at the health.

Throw in the fact you are not in some small arena fighting them but have to do some run around between them which adds to funneling a bunch of adds to power up the latern is a lovely touch. Plus again with the health bar it lets a player do some nice setup tings such as imagine a player comp setting it up so your playing the shazwin and the boss dies right behind you for some epic screen shot potential, mainly since its easier to time such shenanigans.