Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best melee for gauss?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Both fashion and effectiveness 

Exclude kagoke prime because it looks ugly and sparring combos are trash

In terms of fashion the 2 signature weapons for gauss were high tech rocket launchers

So i thought about the ohma...ohm, gauss...you know, it fits

But tonfa combos are weird and have weirdly low range 

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Azreaus said:

Anything that has decent range and attack speed - quite like the Cassowar myself.

I have been using the Cassowar with Gauss as well. Mach dashing into a group of enemies and twirling that thing around is quite effective.

As well as my usual melee: the Gram Prime with Cleaving Whirlwind, because spin2win always works.

Just now, Teljaxx said:

I have been using the Cassowar with Gauss as well. Mach dashing into a group of enemies and twirling that thing around is quite effective.

As well as my usual melee: the Gram Prime with Cleaving Whirlwind, because spin2win always works.

Yes it works on low levels, after that everything will kill you with one shot.

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Yes it works on low levels, after that everything will kill you with one shot.

I hate people like you. I wasn't even talking to you, yet you feel the need to tell me I'm wrong. You didn't even bother to back it up with anything, and your post is so vague that I can't even tell what you think I am wrong about. Are you saying the Gram Prime is bad? Or the Cassowar? Gauss? All of the above? What do you consider low level, or high level? Because at some point, any melee on any Warframe is going to become ineffective. That's how infinite scaling works.

If you really wanted to be helpful, you would have actually bothered to provide your own suggestion for the OP to try out, like he asked. But you didn't, so what are you trying to accomplish here?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

I hate people like you. I wasn't even talking to you, yet you feel the need to tell me I'm wrong. You didn't even bother to back it up with anything, and your post is so vague that I can't even tell what you think I am wrong about. Are you saying the Gram Prime is bad? Or the Cassowar? Gauss? All of the above? What do you consider low level, or high level? Because at some point, any melee on any Warframe is going to become ineffective. That's how infinite scaling works.

If you really wanted to be helpful, you would have actually bothered to provide your own suggestion for the OP to try out, like he asked. But you didn't, so what are you trying to accomplish here?

Are you insane or what? i was just saying that the maiming strike works on normal levels after a while you will needs other strategies. thanks god there is an ignore list, i m fkn tired of crazy rude kids in forum and in game..

Edited by bibmobello

49 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Are you insane or what? i was just saying that the maiming strike works on normal levels after a while you will needs other strategies. thanks god there is an ignore list, i m fkn tired of crazy rude kids in forum and in game..

You never mentioned Maiming Strike at all, so how the Hek was I supposed to know what you were talking about? You were just telling me I'm wrong, while saying absolutely nothing about what I am supposedly wrong about. Your post accomplished nothing but making me angry at you, yet somehow I'm the crazy rude one here?

Back on topic: I never said anything about Maiming strike, because I don't use Maiming Strike. The Cassowar doesn't need it to be useful. And the Gram prime certainly doesn't, either. I don't even have a Catalyst on my Cassowar, and yet its still useful for pretty much all the main parts of the game I play. It may not be the most OP weapon in the game, but its still quite good. Especially on Gauss.

Really, anything with long range, good speed, and wide swings works well on him. Whips, polearms, greatswords with berserker, whatever. As I said, using Mach Dash to get into a group of enemies, knocking them all down, and then swinging your long range weapon around will take them out quite nicely. Meanwhile, Kinetic Plating will hopefully keep you safe from any counterattacks they manage to pull off. A nice combo.

Plus, in my opinion, both the Gram Prime, and the Cassowar are some of the best looking melee weapons in the game. The metallics on the Cassowar match nicely with the ones on Gauss and his signature guns, too, so they all look nice together.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2019-09-28 at 2:39 AM, bibmobello said:

Lmao, I had to create an account for this, because of how stupid you sound. "I was just saying that the maiming strike works on normal levels... thank god there is an ignore list i'm fkn tired of crazy rude kids in forum and in game.." Such a mentally challenged person. Or perhaps blind, and illiterate. Where in this site, before this post, have you sad "maiming strike works on normal levels after a while you will need other strategies." Nowhere, rofl. You provide no assistance to the OP, and you act like a little uneducated brat with no discipline. Smh. Lastly, don't feel the need to respond to me, "thanks god there is an ignore list, i'm fkn tired of crazy rude kids" right to you :). I don't have anymore time to waste on a kid like you. Don't worry though, you shall receive a medal for #numberoneontheignorelist.

Back to original topic: I too was thinking of Ohma for Gauss, but was also contemplating between guandao/tipedo/kronen. Of course Ohma because it looks quite matching with Gauss, but Guandao also looks suitable. Meanwhile the tipedo is for the attack speed and kronen because I personally love tonfas. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edited by 0msz
Forgot to add something.

16 minutes ago, 0msz said:

Lmao, I had to create an account for this, because of how stupid you sound. "I was just saying that the maiming strike works on normal levels... thank god there is an ignore list i'm fkn tired of crazy rude kids in forum and in game.." Such a mentally challenged person. Or perhaps blind, and illiterate. Where in this site, before this post, have you sad "maiming strike works on normal levels after a while you will need other strategies." Nowhere, rofl. You provide no assistance to the OP, and you act like a little uneducated brat with no discipline. Smh. Lastly, don't feel the need to respond to me, "thanks god there is an ignore list, i'm fkn tired of crazy rude kids" right to you :). I don't have anymore time to waste on a kid like you. Don't worry though, you shall receive a medal for #numberoneontheignorelist.

Back to original topic: I too was thinking of Ohma for Gauss, but was also contemplating between guandao/tipedo/kronen. Of course Ohma because it looks quite matching with Gauss, but Guandao also looks suitable. Meanwhile the tipedo is for the attack speed and kronen because I personally love tonfas. Anyone else have any ideas?

Did you just nekro a year dead thread to talk trash on an alt account while outing your main account?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Personally I use the Krokhur with his Graxx Skin. Always loved the look of Krokhur as a sword ^^

Funnily enough I use the same set up, but which item has the skin is inverted (Normal Gauss with the Eisen sword skin).

On 2019-09-28 at 3:20 AM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

It's kind of counter productive too.. because with both KP and Redline active  (or even only one) you lose too much battery when going melee..

A fix I had in mind is the ability to charge the battery when doing melee swings.. it'd fit the theme, would have great synergy when using multiple attack speed mods and.. would make using him for melee viable 

Melee raises your battery....